My new rack & tanks

Squiggle

looking great mate' date=' love the look of the tanks and racks so fare. your one the path to success with those dividers at the front :)[/quote']

Thanks dude, I'm glad you convinced me to cut the dividers down too looks much better this way & the gentle slope turned out great :victorious:

Looks fantastic, thanks for the update....really looking fwd to further updates. :encouragement:

Are you going to put pothos in the sump? I just re read that thread and am thinking about getting some for my sumps. Just a bit worried it might be poisonous to my kitties :/

Definitely come for a visit & I'm still deciding on the Pothos plants, with the auto waterchange system I might not need them, they would go in the last section on the right :victorious:

Thanks BB, can't wait till it's finished :encouragement:

looking great mate' date=' love the look of the tanks and racks so fare. your one the path to success with those dividers at the front :)[/quote']

Thanks dude, couldn't have done it without your help, much respect & appreciation goes to The Shrig :victorious:

Oh yeah, I forgot you were doing the auto waterchange thing! :)

What comes next?

Get the rest of the soil, get the rest of the plumbing fittings & ball valves, make all the spray bars, get an air pump & fit the air system, get the LED strips & wire up the lights, then filter all the water & slowly fill the system & switch it on, cycle it then transfer the shrimpies to their new homes YAY!! not too long now :victorious: Oh & the last step, & most important one, is to get some more shrimpies to fill the tanks :applause:

Oh & the last step' date=' & most important one, is to get some more shrimpies to fill the tanks :applause:[/quote']

Most expensive part lol :)

Totally, that's why I'm going to save for that part while the tanks are cycling, should give me a few weeks to get the funds back up, hopefully all these crazy sale prices are still around then :victorious:

Yeah it's looking that way, BB's bluebolts keep giving me the stink eye & I'm not ready for them yet, Dooooohhhh! :victorious:

By the time youre ready, Dean will probably have another shrimp sale and you can go hard :D

Are you going to try for pure strain TBs or just go with misch x TB?

Both, I'm definitely getting a pair of KK's & BB's to pure breed then play around with Mishlings & Pandas, WR's & RR's. I'm also going to try & strengthen some CRS & GB/SW's as well :victorious:

Both' date=' I'm definitely getting a pair of KK's & BB's to pure breed then play around with Mishlings & Pandas, WR's & RR's. I'm also going to try & strengthen some CRS & GB/SW's as well :victorious:[/quote']

Ahhhh, the joys of a new breeding rack...so much possibilities and flexibility !

Ahhhh' date=' the joys of a new breeding rack...so much possibilities and flexibility ![/quote']

I know dude, the only thing is I haven't even finished it yet & all the tanks are pretty much spoken for :dejection: Oh well, time to start planning the next one, hahaha :victorious:

How's the plans for your next rack coming? Lol :encouragement:(just another seed, lol)

How's the plans for your next rack coming? Lol :encouragement:(just another seed' date=' lol)[/quote']

We tease & joke about planting the seed, BUT it actually does work.....glanced across the room when reading your post, and I swear I envision a breeding rack ! :dejection: Aiyayayaya

We tease & joke about planting the seed' date=' BUT it actually does work.....glanced across the room when reading your post, and I swear I envision a breeding rack ! :dejection: Aiyayayaya[/quote']

Bahahaha, too funny BB! :congratulatory: The seed is growing nicely, now just got to plant the seed in the missus mind, lol :victorious:

• HOF Member

Hubby had reality check trying to work out how much electricity all my lights and heaters etc were costing. I suggested he start on my 1 level rack soon as I wouldn't need so many. Now he wants me to suss out what I need:triumphant:but it will still only be a bench on each side of the room at a comfortable working height for me. So I will need 2 sumps and 2 of everything else I guess. But the seed is now sprouting:encouragement:

Looking good Squiggle, nearly there now. Ineke how long are the benches gunna be? Go hard girl!

• HOF Member
Looking good Squiggle' date=' nearly there now. Ineke how long are the benches gunna be? Go hard girl!

[/quote']

I think 3 metres not sure the size but as long as the bedroom I'm using. Will be both sides of the room can't go around the room because of windows and doors. I hope to end up with tanks all the same size - will depend on the length of the benches one side is shorter than the other. I will then have to work out what size sump and pump I will need plus heater. I will probably get him to do one side at a time so less problems moving the shrimp around. It will still be a while before he does it but that is as far as we have discussed it. He will have to reinforce the floor as this room is the one bedroom he hasn't fixed the dwarf walls in. Unless I talk him into doing the other bedroom that has already been done then this room will be empty for him to get under the floors.:)

So it will actually be a shrimp room then! Nobody will be able to sleep in there lol!

• HOF Member

No that will be a good thing. My son just moved back with his wife we had him here 12 months and the grand children stayed every other week plus visited 3 nights a week. Life is nice and quiet again. No bedrooms no stay:congratulatory:- no I wouldn't do that to anybody there will still be a spare bedroom

No bedrooms no stay:congratulatory:- no I wouldn't do that to anybody there will still be a spare bedroom

I knew it ...... you are a sweetie!