My new rack & tanks

Squiggle

I very much doubt I'll beat you Ineke, this will take a good 4-6 weeks to get it ready :victorious:

must be getting excited squiggle :)' date='

are you using a marine light on the tank in them pics ?[/quote']

Sort of, I have a strip of 7500k, a strip of 10000k & a strip of blue LED's so far, I plan on adding another strip of each white. :victorious:

So I put the first shrimp in my rack, I acclimatized the Mishling & she looks lost & lonely in there, can you spot her? :encouragement:

image_zpsf45d78a3.jpg

• HOF Member

If you are sacrificing her at least give her someone to hold her hand she needs a friend:sorrow:

If you are sacrificing her at least give her someone to hold her hand she needs a friend
Hell no! I need to put her by herself so she can release her shrimplets & I know what's what' date=' then I'll put her back in another tank with the panda boy to berry again. Tomorrow the next one will go into the next tank until she releases, had to do it now as they are both due on Tuesday & the other one is due a few days later :victorious:
To the right of the sponge!Do I win a prize?!
Correct, sorry no prize this time dude :sour:

• HOF Member

So she is not a test shrimp? OK all is forgiven. Good luck with the babies. Excitement plus:encouragement:

Technically you could say she is but I know all the WP's are perfect cause I've done all the testing. I am very excited to see what comes out :victorious:

So am I, looks like a quality shrimp!

Waiting for my heater to arrive so I can setup my breeding experiment :p

Yeah she's a pretty nice F4 Mishling with a butt load of eggs :victorious:

Looking forward to seeing your setup too :encouragement:

So I put the first shrimp in my rack' date=' I acclimatized the Mishling & she looks lost & lonely in there, can you spot her? :encouragement:

image_zpsf45d78a3.jpg

Beautiful setup squiggle. May I ask, how come the substrate doesn't run all the way to the front glass of the tank?

It's a really large feeder dish, lol :encouragement: it's a great section for growing biofilm & then when the shrimplets come down to feed they will be a lot easier to see, count & photograph & it's very easy to syphon out any leftover food as well, also it saves a bit of money on soil too, lol :victorious: I have to thank Dean for the heads up on the idea :encouragement:

It's a really large feeder dish' date=' lol :encouragement: it's a great section for growing biofilm & then when the shrimplets come down to feed they will be a lot easier to see, count & photograph & it's very easy to syphon out any leftover food as well, also it saves a bit of money on soil too, lol :victorious: I have to thank Dean for the heads up on the idea :encouragement:[/quote']

Genious. That would work well.

I had design my feeder section like yours but because my rack is in the living room, I had to change it and used the old fashion feeder dish as it look much tidy and made my rack more of a display tank instead of a breeding rack.

Anyway nice work sqiggle can't wait to see the whole set up running.

Thanks guys but I can't take the credit for the feeding section, that is how Dean has done all his tanks, thanks Dean :victorious:

I can't wait till I get the second shelf finished :encouragement:

I have been putting that retainer wall in my tanks when I redo them. Some times the media gets over the wall into the clear section????

My husband says he has seen the shrimp stand up to the edge and throw or kick the soil over on purpose??????

• HOF Member

I have seen my shrimp rescaling too. Keep wondering where the dips in the substrate come from and then saw them merrily digging and pushing it away no nice flat substrate in my tanks:encouragement:

• HOF Member

Ah that might be why I give bee pollen a couple of times a week and the tanks with fluval in them have holes all over the place . 699:D

• 3 weeks later...

Update time! I have finally done the five tanks on the bottom shelf of my rack :encouragement:

image_zps1f64b1d3.jpg

Now on to the air system, the rest of the lights & tanks :applause: