My new rack & tanks

Squiggle

Noob question time!

What are the balls that people put in their shrimp tanks?

Looking good squiggle, will have to inspect it personally when there are inhabitants though :)

• HOF Member

Looking good Squiggle no stopping you now:encouragement:

Thanks everyone, it's coming along nicely :victorious:

Geee you are a slow poker, Sqigs?
Work is killing me at the moment & my wallet is definitely feeling it, hahaha :congratulatory:
Noob question time!What are the balls that people put in their shrimp tanks?Looking good squiggle, will have to inspect it personally when there are inhabitants though :)
Yeah they are the Red Bee balls, they help with ammonia & minerals for the shrimp, a bit of added insurance :encouragement:

Looking amazing squiggle ! Awesome setup and very neat/tidy.:encouragement:

Have you started soaking driftwood, and/or tying mosses etc yet, in preparation ?

Thanks BB, yeah I have got a propagation tank(thanks to Wayne for the tank) which I have been running CO2 to grow mosses & stuff(thanks to Andrew for the plants), not sure about any drift wood yet, probably start to get that soon :victorious:

Update time! I have finally done the five tanks on the bottom shelf of my rack :encouragement:

image_zps1f64b1d3.jpg

Now on to the air system' date= the rest of the lights & tanks :applause:

Got an empty sump there, what's going in there?

Thanks dude, that means a lot coming from you :encouragement: I've got a few mosses I got off Andrew growing with CO2 in a tank I got off Wayne & when they are bushy enough to trim, I will trim them to make more & pit the original in the tank. Also want to talk to you about getting some others soon. I should have some in there in the next week or so :victorious:

• 1 month later...

Time for an update. :encouragement:

Got my new lights & the difference is phenomenal, very happy with them, thanks Dean. :victorious:

Before

image_zpse4acf62d.jpg

& after

image_zps8a89a6a1.jpg

Nice! Photos look familiar :p

I like the LED lights, they do a great job.

Nice! Photos look familiar :p
Hahaha' date=' yeah I wanted to show everyone the difference on Deans sale thread & also keep my journal updated, my blog also has the same pics :encouragement:
The UpAqua Z series lights? Theyre great arent they :encouragement:
They are the Z series & they are sensational, I love going out into the shrimp room just to look at the lights, lol :smiley_simmons:

Are you talking about the right tank or the left tank?

The right empty sump and you might as well tell e about the left hand one too?

The right empty sump and you might as well tell e about the left hand one too?

The far left one is the waste water tank for the auto water change system. The middle one is where the water returns to with K1 in the first section, the second section has Purigen, filter wool, course sponge, jap mat, matrix & sintered glass noodles, then the section that has the joining pipes & some gutter guard. The right one has the joining section & some more course sponge, the empty area after that was planned for another style of filtration but I decided that it wasn't needed, this tank also has the float mechanism for the auto water change system. :victorious:

• 1 month later...

Ok it's update time, I've finally got the rest of the tanks in place & I have hooked up the air system. I've only got a pic of the tanks, will have some pics of the air system soon :encouragement:

image_zpsc2871bd0.jpg

It just keeps growing and growing!! Awesome setup mate!!! Getting some great ideas now.....

looking really good squiggle!! :encouragement: the z series always makes such a difference! just giving u a heads up... algae can grow super fast if not careful. i just took handfuls out of a neglected 2ft :stupid:

cant wait to see it full of sexy shrimp! ;)

Thanks guys, just gotta save up for the soil now, three bags a tank is gonna take a few weeks. I haven't put the top shelf on yet so I won't be able to hang the lights yet. I know what you mean shrimpstan, tank #4 has got some hair algae in it & it's growing pretty quick & there's about 70-80 shrimp in the bottom tanks, you just can't see them cause the footprint of the tanks is pretty big(600x450) :victorious: