My new rack & tanks

Squiggle

I know what you mean shrimpstan, tank #4 has got some hair algae in it & it's growing pretty quick

yes this seems to be one of the most annoying of culprits! :mad:

once i saw a shrimpy tangled in the stuff!

besides less light, dosing H202 (lets not even go there :p) anyone know how do u get rid of this pest algae?

im sure the close up photos of said sexy shrimp will soon show up.. *nudge nudge* ;)

Just about give up my left testicle for that ALMOST LOL nice setup mate if you dont mind me asking do you have a grand total of just tanks and rack?

Hahaha, too funny dude! The total I paid for the rack & tanks was pretty cheap, the rack was $250 cause I got it from a secondhand pallet racking dealer, would have cost $450 for brand new. The tanks were $300 for all ten & they are 2x1.5x1.5's, I got those cheap off a mate who bought out an old shop that had closed down. :victorious: The rest of the system is another story, I just did a quick costing cause I've written down all the money I've spent on the rack to get it built & I'm way over my the estimate I did before I started building, woops!! :dejection:

The rest of the system is another story' date=' I just did a quick costing cause I've written down all the money I've spent on the rack to get it built & I'm way over my the estimate I did before I started building, woops!! :dejection:[/quote']

Haha! Thats why I am not trying to find out how much my fishroom is costing.

Hahaha, yeah even thought I've got some seriously awesome deals on a few things & some freebies, I seriously underestimated the cost & volume of PVC pressure pipe & fittings, DOH!! :dejection:

least you got the other great deals or else the estimate would have been even higher to begin with, but for sure the pvc high pressure piping is a bit of killer

Hahaha, not quite, the estimate accounted for those things costing retail & I was still a couple of grand off, lol :victorious:

• 2 weeks later...

Update time :encouragement: So I've just finished the plumbing for the rack, did the top shelf today & I'm so glad it's finally done. :victorious: Also, finally got a pic of some of the air system, enjoy! :congratulatory:

image_zpsc49469aa.jpg

image_zps369d28a7.jpg

• Like 1

Wow' date=' that's some serious plumbing. I know the feeling when it's all done, total relief.[/quote']Lol, yeah definitely relief but not totally yet dude, now I've just got to get the soil & I can start filling the tanks, it just keeps going :encouragement:Hahaha, yeah it's a bit tight but I can get in there :victorious:

Lol, yeah definitely relief but not totally yet dude, now I've just got to get the soil & I can start filling the tanks, it just keeps going :encouragement:

Yeah but that's the easy part. Then comes the painful process of cycling the tank.

So how much space did you leave? Mine is close to the wall' date=' who knows what is living behind there????[/quote']I have about a meter behind the tanks to walk through & fill the storage tank, it's also good for working on the sump & sponge filters :encouragement:Yeah the worst of it is over & I've already got the sponge filters cycling in the sump so that they will be ready by the time I have the soil in :victorious:

Love it ! Great seeing planning and as much attention being applied to the setup and back of house ! Well done mate ! What soil are you planning to use ?

Thanks dude, there has definitely been a lot of planning gone into this & it is awesome to see it finally turn into reality. :encouragement:

I'm going to use Benibachi, same as the bottom shelf, it will be 2/3 normal & 1/3 powder & it will be about 6cm deep at the front slopping to about 10cm at the back :victorious:

• 2 weeks later...

So I've finally got that last twelve bags of soil & put it in the tanks, now I just have to fill them with water. I've had the sponge filters cycling in the sump for the last few weeks so when I start the tanks up I can switch them in to system straight away, getting very exciting. :victorious:

image_zps9839fcac.jpg

• Like 1

That looks very good! :encouragement: Nice pro set up. You'll be having shrimplets coming out of your :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_ in no time.

:smiley_simmons: