My new rack & tanks

Squiggle

Awesome work Squiggs!! Inspirational stuff!!

Awesome....so test shrimps in this weekend ?
Shrimp are already in the bottom shelf & once I switch the new tanks into the system it's all go' date=' just gotta get my new little lovely's, they are currently being held in a high security secret location in the Mojave desert. :smiley_simmons:
Excitement plus for you now Squiggs. You are in league with the big boys now:D
Totally excited, can't wait for the RO unit to get it's butt into gear, lol :victorious:
That looks very good! :encouragement: Nice pro set up. You'll be having shrimplets coming out of your :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_ in no time.:smiley_simmons:
Thanks dude, your room is definitely better than my rack, yours is a whole pro setup room! :victorious:Hahaha, already got shrimp coming out of my :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_, soon my :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_ will have shrimp coming out of its :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_
Awesome work Squiggs!! Inspirational stuff!!
Thanks dude, I hope some people can use this thread & get some ideas for their systems in the future. :encouragement:C'mon people, I wanna see a flood of rack build journal threads! :triumphant:

Beautiful set up mate looks like you're taking your time and making everything perfect, I love the feeding tray at the front! Very good idea.

Thanks dude, this setup has 25yrs worth of thought put into it, hahaha :encouragement: Have to give Dean the credit for the feeding tray at the front, it was all his idea & one of the best ideas I've seen in a long while, that & the auto WC system, brilliant! :victorious:

Hahaha' date=' already got shrimp coming out of my :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_, soon my :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_ will have shrimp coming out of its :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_

[/quote']

Was that a Sea Pig reference?!

Thanks, the rack you have is what inspired me to start building this rack, only with a few modifications, like size, number of tanks & what the rack is made of, lol. I got a fair few of my initial ideas for this from yours :encouragement:

This rack is the reason I was referred to SKF...it's all your fault squig!

Hahaha, I take full responsibility & don't apologise for the fact, I will say I'm nowhere near as bad at shrimp pushing as Dean or BB is though, those guys are like the Heisenberg's of the shrimp world, lmfao! :smiley_simmons:

• 1 month later...

Omg, please build me a rack and drill holes in my tank? lol!

I would love to be that handy!!

Great work Squiggle!!! :applause:

Omg' date=' please build me a rack and drill holes in my tank? lol!

Great work Squiggle!!! :applause:[/quote']

you can always purchase racks already setup from people who are closing down their tanks! Fish hobbyists I mean...of course you guys know no one quits the shrimp hobby completely, it is futile to try.

Omg' date=' please build me a rack and drill holes in my tank? lol!

Great work Squiggle!!! :applause:[/quote']

Thanks, if I still lived in Sydney I would without any problems but it's not really as hard as you might think. :encouragement:

Even when the dividers are already siliconed in?

I have been doing a little searching but no-one appears to be selling at the moment :dejection:

Even when the dividers are already siliconed in?

Depends on how wide the sections are & how big your drill is, even if the drill won't fit it's not incredibly hard to remove the dividers & drill the holes, then re-silicone the dividers back in place, simples! :encouragement:

Hmm. My current shrimp tank is 900 x 300 x 300. So a 30cm cube... I would have to buy a drill.. as I don't own one haha :smiley_simmons:

Might be better paying someone to do it... lol

But then comes the trouble of where to put all my current shrimp :cower:

That is the most difficult part of the operation, what to do with the shrimp, substrate & plants. :dejection:

• 2 weeks later...

After reading through this topic and loving it all , it inspired me to start thinking about a rack system of my own ... my question is if I wanted to keep more than one species eg Crystals and Cherries what pH would you need to run the system at

Cheers

Barry

Thanks, don't forget to start your own journal. :encouragement:

You would set your PH to the most fragile of the two shrimp, so you're keeping crystals & cherries then you'd have your WP set for crystals, cherries are pretty hardy & will adapt to those WP. :victorious:

• 1 month later...

Thanks dude, seeing it with all the shrimp in it & also having it inspire others to build nice racks makes it all worthwhile. :victorious:

• 3 weeks later...

So I haven't done an update in a while & hopefully this won't be the last one but I fear it will because the rack is completely finished! I finally got off my butt & swapped the last light for the rack off my plant propagation tank, It was only supposed to be for a few weeks but ended up being a few months. Anyway, enough excuses, here is the final product, hope you all like it! :victorious:

image_zpse9c124e3.jpg