• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean

• Squiggle

• ninja

• ineke

Does that mean Squiggles finally reached his limit?! Don't let it be so!

Ninja has a point! Do you have display tanks in the house Dean?! If i was you, I'd never leave the shrimp room if i didn't have a tank in the house to retreat to!

Yeah, Bill Gates has put a virus on my iPad so I can't download pics from his Internet anymore, lol :encouragement:

Imagine if there was a lounge/fridge etc, in the middle of the room, Dean will never leave it..I reckon you gotta keep it as a working room, and not too comfortable....maximise space and have more tanks !

Actually Dean' date=' I'm a bit disappointed in the new racks, I had imagined lounge chairs or sofas alternating which side facing

the tanks, down the middle for your guests to relax in and view the shrimp as you auctioned off parcels of shrimp. A PA

system could tell us which tank the parcel came from. Drinks and nibbles could be served in between lots.

I do have a vivid imagination, lol.[/quote']

Batman has his Bat Cave, Dean has his Shrimp Cave!

• 2 weeks later...

Really well thought out, and perfectly executed. Clever stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

wow boss dean!!! this was a read and a half. im new to this forum and read it front start to finish and ive gotta say, like so many already have, im impressed and inspired by ur work and they way u have thought of all the odds and ends to make sure it all goes without any hick ups. cant wait to see pics of the shrimp u are going to be keeping in there as well as the shrimp u will be creating by way of selctive breading.

goodluck with anything u add to this room!!

this is just a teaser update to keep you all tied over until i get the room finished and looking like it should.

new tanks in all except 1 that i broke already :) still no finishes on them and a lot of work to do..

BossLab_zps2b9d9392.jpg

cant even get a full room shot now because there is no room :)

BossLab_zps2ebe1504.jpg

and my first "started" scape. work in progress. this tank has only native pellia from northboy. hoping it grows well and likes its new home.

tank_zps953562f9.jpg

I will do a big and more in depth update once i am closer to being finished.

but to give you an idea, All the new tanks (24) will be scaped :) and the finished room should look better than most aquariums in Australia lol

few more weeks and should be finished.. i hope :)

I have no doubt about that dude, it already does look better than most aquariums, it looks stunning & thanks for the tease, just enough to get me through, not sure about everyone else though, lol :encouragement:

Opening this thread should come with a complimentary box of tissues. If you know what i mean.

so does this mean we can we just drop by when ever we dont have much on.. usually on the weekends :p

• 3 weeks later...

2 down 22 too go :)

So i now have 2 of 24 tanks completed and Scapes finished :victorious:

i think by the end (last scape) they will be really good from all the practice OR sh#t because im over it lol

Anyway feedback would be good..

1st scape finished now.

007-1_zps994ebf87.jpg

2nd scape done tonight and finished. (i took 2 pics at different angles because i actually like this one) :o

003_zps9dfd36b9.jpg

004_zps05cd6565.jpg

And here is a few Baby redwine for Kiwi :)

016_zpsa4f02e28.jpg

012_zps53cdf638.jpg

014_zps9c0048d2.jpg

013_zps5d1e6915.jpg

Looking awesome as usual Dean...very nice, presume those "bonsai" stems are artificial ? They look great.

BTW, kiwi was only looking for 1 x RR, I'll have the rest ! :o

Very nice Dean...Maybe you can do some of mine ...I'm absolutely crap @ it (scaping);)

Well done...22 to go...Good luck

@BB, thanks mate, yes the bonsai are artificial and great for scape noobs like me :) they make everything easy and they are great fun to use..

did you like the RW sequence shots from S grade right through? lol

@ Neo, lol mate i am not that good either and am guessing i will be well over it by the end.. but for now its a bit of fun and a nice change from

looking at shrimp for hrs on end :)

did you like the RW sequence shots from S grade right through? lol

didnt initially noticed it ! You had me on the 1st WR, everything after that was a blur ! Love their intensity !

They look very cool dude, I like the second one! What is the mushroom looking stuff on the trees? The WR's look stunning as is normal quality standard for your shrimp, well done :victorious:

@squiggle, it is a synthetic material that is suppose to look like moss until you tie something on them yourself (or just leave it)

:)

Nice dude, they look like "green meanies" hahaha, shrimps be trippin! Lol :smiley_simmons: