• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean

• Squiggle

• ninja

• ineke

Looking good dean! Are you making an above ground sump for the new tanks or connecting it to one of the old ones? Also any ideas what will be in these? Natives??

there are already 2 spare sumps untder the floor from when i first build the room as i was always planning to add a few tanks in the middle :)

they will be for cherry and native shrimp. time that the natives got a big push in Australia as we have some amazing looking natives..

thanks BB :)

i will order a sample piece next week to trial with some baby shrimp before i buy bulk amount.

im hoping they work because i really like the clean look with them on the side of the tank.

how are you finding them??

i will order a sample piece next week to trial with some baby shrimp before i buy bulk amount.

im hoping they work because i really like the clean look with them on the side of the tank.

how are you finding them??

I find them good. The only problem is there too long it makes the water level sit low if you have lids. But i just cut a piece of pvc and put it over the strainer to raise the level.

i am thinking to put them in the side of the tank at the height i want the water level to sit to solve this problem.

it was something i just thought of a few days ago :)

Is the new rack 6m? Just guessing because the horizontal pine looks like one whole piece uncut. Thats an whopping 24m worth of tank space!

I understand you have climate control but how do you manage 23 degrees in the bee shrimp tanks and 28 degrees in the cherry shrimp tanks and who knows what for the natives? Or have you found a nice number that fits all round?

looking hard Rob :) no they are 2 pieces with total length of new racks 3.8m long, its just cut well and painted well so it looks like 1 piece.

my room is only 4.6 so i needed to leave room to get in the door..

room is always 23 for all tanks. the cherry and bee shrimp dont need anything different except water parameters. the natives will be something

i figure out as i go, but its my understanding that most shrimp will be happy at 23-26 so i can always just turn up the heat a little and add another UV for extra protection..

This is still an amazing room deano and I'm sure its only going to get better n better. I remember you saying you was going to setup a shrimp room a few years ago which left me thinking that bloke was crazy but crap a couple of years later its the real deal man not only pumping out quality shrimp but also helping us keep them alive lol

May I ask when the slab is being poured for your next shrimp lab? Haha

Awesome stuff man

Looking great Dean. Looking foward to seeing a photo of the room when it is all complete

Only one word comes to mind when I see your room Dean, WOW! Keep up the amazing work & keep the pic coming so we can all drool over the stuff dreams are made of :D

• 1 month later...

OMG that setup is absolutely amazing!

Looking great Dean :encouragement: I love how it came together and growing. Awesome set up.

Serkan

Looking good Dean' date=' how wide are the passages between rows?[/quote']

As above Dean??????????Please?????

thanks Guys/Girls,

sorry if i dont happen to see the thread in the new posts i miss it :)

the passages are 900mm or 90cm between.

Any updated pics Dean, how's the new rack coming along? :encouragement:

Actually Dean, I'm a bit disappointed in the new racks, I had imagined lounge chairs or sofas alternating which side facing

the tanks, down the middle for your guests to relax in and view the shrimp as you auctioned off parcels of shrimp. A PA

system could tell us which tank the parcel came from. Drinks and nibbles could be served in between lots.

I do have a vivid imagination, lol.

• HOF Member
Actually Dean' date=' I'm a bit disappointed in the new racks, I had imagined lounge chairs or sofas alternating which side facing

the tanks, down the middle for your guests to relax in and view the shrimp as you auctioned off parcels of shrimp. A PA

system could tell us which tank the parcel came from. Drinks and nibbles could be served in between lots.

I do have a vivid imagination, lol.[/quote']

I'm with you Ninja that would be an awesome way to spend an afternoon.

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

Hmmmmmmmm, I agree Ineke, definitely a great way to spend the afternoon :encouragement: