• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean

• Squiggle

• ninja

• ineke

cheers Eshrimp :)

BB nothing to be jealous of mate, i dont have a family to stop me adding more tanks. updates will be coming :)

Gbang, lol i think i have a problem...

daaaaaamn..dean omg thats awsome..!

how u gonna do the upkeep of all these tanks..?

your gonna have to employ someone to look after them..lol .

also wat size tanks you gonna put in new centre rack..?

Damnnnnnnnnnnnn...Looks insane Dean. Very very nice. I also like how its all nice and neat as well. :encouragement:

Kitz, i imagine it will be many more times when i start putting pics of the tanks :)

@Honcho, the new racks/tanks will all be automated waterchange and top up systems the same as the existing tanks.

all i will need, as i already do, to do is feed shrimp and turn a tap on once a month to refill water tanks :)

the new tanks will be 800x500x450 LxWxH x 16 tanks and the other 8 will be 950x500x450

as for employing some one lol i would fisrt need to find someone i can trust. in this hobby is hard work

Hey Dean what computer controller due you use for auto water change? I'm considering buying a profilux or waiting for the vertex cerebra to control all of my tanks in the house but would love to know how you are automating your set up.

Eshrimp, no computer mate, its all done with float switches and small irrigation line taps.

i have a set amount of water (1.38ltr) per hour being pumped out of the sumps through the irrigation line, which is controlled with a small irrigation tap.

to achive this exact amount i simply placed a bucket with a line marked on it at 1.38ltr and just kept adjusting the tap until it was exactly that per hour.

that takes care of the water changes :) 1000ltr every 30 days...

then its just a simple float switch in the sump which continues to refill the sump as it gets low with new water from the tank.

since installing this CHEEP and very effective system i have had zero ammonia, nitrite, nitrate phosphate etc. simply put the water is perfect every day all day and night 24/7.

the new water going into the tanks is pre-mixed with the SaltyShrimp bee shrimp mineral to an EC reading of 200 (as per instructions) so nothing ever changes.

Wow that is a great system mate... I bet that the total cost of the build is only a small fraction of the cost of a controller computer.... YOU THE MAN!!!!!

yes, i have spent over 30k already on the room alone (not including stock) so everything is done as smartly as possible now :)

total for the auto mated system was about $150. it includes

float switches, irrigation line and fittings, plumbing pipe and fittings.

so easy and if there is a power outage everything still works perfect :) no floods..

Awesome setup dean will you have to beef up the floor for the extra weight or you allowed for this to happen later on . Nice work good to see your passion blooming

thanks matblack, the floor was originally built with future tanks in mind. it is built to hold about 800-900KG per m2 :)

Looking good Dean, the new rack looks sweet.

Every time I see an update to this thread I smile as I know it's gonna be good. Only quality as always :)

With all of this new tank space I can't wait to see pics of the new lines you will breeding.

Great to see your shrimp room progressing Dean.

Do you get a company to custom make your tank for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Dean, all i can say is wow. I showed my GF your Shrimp room, needless to say she is now freaking that I want to get alot more tanks, hehe. Where do you source all your shrimp from. Im at the starting phase and looking for a little advice. Did you start out with high quality Shrimp or did you selective breed all your blood lines?

OMG Dean!!!! That's is awesome!!! Makes my setup look soOoOO crap lol.

You know I use to dream about girls but after reading this thread and seeing your pics, all I dream about now is owning a room like that! Damn you!

CNgo2006......you need to think outside the box, and look at things in a broader perspective...dreams should never be changed....only altered...you can still have girls in your shrimp room, doing water changes for you...etc....to be polictically correct, the same applies with guys in the shrimp room doing water changes...etc, for the girls...or I guess for the guys....damn, I digging a deeper hole for myself !

CNgo2006......you need to think outside the box' date=' and look at things in a broader perspective...dreams should never be changed....only altered...you can still have girls in your shrimp room, doing water changes for you...etc....to be polictically correct, the same applies with guys in the shrimp room doing water changes...etc, for the girls...or I guess for the guys....damn, I digging a deeper hole for myself ![/quote']

So True..I'll dream of Adriana Lima, Natalia Vodianova and Miranda Kerr in MY shrimp room doing the water changes, cleaning the tanks etc...while I sit and watch. And when I say sit and watch I mean watching the shrimp...LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

so just a small update as i have been to busy to do any work on the new tanks last few weeks.

But i did order some of the new tanks and all the plumbing for this new rack.

The rack framing is all finished and foam cut to size and fitted.

will update picks of finished rack frame in next few days.

ordered...

Plumbing

25mm valve socket x48

25mm end cap x 3

40mm end cap x 6

25mm 45degree elbow x 1

40mm 45 degree elbow x 4

25mm faucet elbow x 48

25x25x25 Tee x 2

40x40x25 Tee x 48

25x25x15 Tee x24

40mm cross x 3

25mm ball valve x 3

15mm ball valve x 24

25mm pressure pipe x 10 @ 6mtr lengths

40mm preasure pipe x4 @ 6mtr lenghts

Airlines

4mm threaded adapter x 50

4mm barbed vari flow valve x 50

100m air line tubing

Filtration

150 x 200ltr air driven sponge filters

50kg filter noodles/balls

sorry MickeyG, he doesnt even like doing my orders??? im sure Thang would have someone that could make them for you?

or you could order the glass pre cut and make them yourself, then create a thread showing us all how to do it :)