My racks and shrimp collection

alvinchan80

So Alvin, to get Australian prl and pbl u would have to breed out all of the pure white, blonde genes? So over generations once they breed true you continue to breed them selectively(over the generations to improve the genetics and colour density?? So it would be possible to develop prl and pbl here in the land of oz??

Breeding PRL has always been a very fun yet eye straining hobby.. Haha..

Always looking out for the bad coloration or having any undesirable traits on the shrimps and netting them out..

These photos are not of the best photos as they are taken with iPhone (as usual due to laziness.. Haha) it's not doing the shrimps any justification but well.. It's ok.. Haha..

fc2blog_20130731015354291.jpgfc2blog_20130731015448381.jpgfc2blog_20130731015519d6a.jpg

Last but not least, this photo is my normal CRS.. Nice growing colony..

fc2blog_20130731015801d60.jpg

Happy shrimping everyone...

So Alvin' date=' to get Australian prl and pbl u would have to breed out all of the pure white, blonde genes? So over generations once they breed true you continue to breed them selectively(over the generations to improve the genetics and colour density?? So it would be possible to develop prl and pbl here in the land of oz??[/quote']

It is not really that easy to breed out the white genes.. They will still pop out all of a sudden.. What if this 'PRL' when given or sold to someone and they bred out a white shrimp? This might cause a big 'hooha' to yourself...

Actually, you can do color improvement on your existing CRS/CBS to improve them regardless they are PRL/PBL or not.. I do have CRS which looks even better then my normal grade PRL.. (Of cause not those high grade PRL)

Overall, it's all about patience and time to have the results.. That's why there is a sense of satisfaction when you get there...

But it's worth a try on what you said, you don't have to purposely 'remove' the white genes but just carry on doing your selective breeding (since you won't be using golden/white shrimp to breed, so it's the same purpose..)

Happy shrimping... :)

hey alvin.. As always your your shrimp are lovely..!

quick question..

Are those "Normal crs" the culls from your prl, or a seperate gene all together..?

hey alvin.. As always your your shrimp are lovely..!

quick question..

Are those "Normal crs" the culls from your prl' date=' or a seperate gene all together..?[/quote']

These normal CRS are a totally different gene pool.. They do have white genes in them, so they do breed out golden/snow white shrimps... But at times when I have PRL culls, I will throw them in to enhance their offsprings coloration..

But once any PRL goes into that tank, it's no longer a PRL to me.. I can't tell the difference once they are swimming together anyway.. Haha..

Firstly, wishing all Muslims friends and hobbyist 'Selamat Hari Raya' (Happy New Year)..

Last weekend I changed the filter wool from my canister (didn't touch the filter wool for past 7 months hahaha).. Flow rate has improved 'drastically' after removal.. Shrimps activity improve too..

Here they come out for their daily stroll and food..

fc2blog_20130808234418c85.jpgfc2blog_20130808234440dec.jpg

Happy shrimping to all..

Happy Eid to you Alvin, try not to stuff yourself too much, lol :encouragement: As always, your shrimp look stunning dude, thanks for sharing :victorious:

Im always impressed by the clarity of colour your shrimps have Alvin, a pleasure to see!

Happy Eid to you Alvin' date=' try not to stuff yourself too much, lol :encouragement: As always, your shrimp look stunning dude, thanks for sharing :victorious:[/quote']Thanks Squiggle.. I am not celebrating though.. Haha.. It's for the Muslims people everywhere.. :)Thank you Wraithie for your compliments.. There are still lots of room for improvements.. Hope to be able to share more and better shrimps as time goes by.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday just borrowed a Sony DSLR from a friend and to my surprised, he has a 100mm macro... So I tried taking some photos of my PRLs..

I apologize if my photos are not of very good quality, taking these shots without a tripod or external flash..

Here I go.....

fc2blog_20130819024158f73.jpgfc2blog_20130819024251f90.jpgfc2blog_20130819024403abd.jpgfc2blog_20130819024506854.jpgfc2blog_2013081902452868a.jpgfc2blog_20130819024611378.jpgfc2blog_20130819024632f70.jpg

Last but not least, a back photo... It's kind of blurry but seems like a good one to end the post.. Haha.. Kidding.. Will try to take other shrimps as soon as I am available..

fc2blog_20130819024746a3e.jpg

Happy shrimping guys... Good night...

• HOF Member

The shells look nice and strong and the colours are just so solid. Well done Alvin

Stunning dude, beautiful thick solid colour & very sexy legs, thanks for sharing. :encouragement:

I'm glad you keep coming here with your shrimp pics to remind us what we are aiming for Alvin. How are your Pinto's coming along?

Beautiful as always Alvinchan
Thanks mat... :)
The shells look nice and strong and the colours are just so solid. Well done Alvin
I still need to learn how to 'snipe' them.. The photos are a little blurry because my hands was shivering.. Haha.. Need a tripod and external flash with transmitter..
stunning shrimp. Well done
Thanks celph... Hope the photo do the shrimps some justice...
Stunning dude' date=' beautiful thick solid colour & very sexy legs, thanks for sharing. :encouragement:[/quote']Thanks mate!! Need to improve their sexy legs.. The rest of the body I think it's still doing good..Thanks ninja mate... I believe Boss Dean has selectively bred out some amazing looking shrimps.. I do hope Aussie will have all those fantastic shrimps soon.. The pintos have been moved to my business partner's tank.. I will sneak into his house and take some photos to update everyone if time permits..I might not be able to post often.. My 2nd child is due TONIGHT!! So happy shrimping to all and please do wait for my post again soon.. (Should be very soon once I have time.. Hehe..)

I might not be able to post often.. My 2nd child is due TONIGHT!! So happy shrimping to all and please do wait for my post again soon.. (Should be very soon once I have time.. Hehe..)

Congratulations Alvin, hope all goes well tonight with you new little shrimplet, lol :victorious:

Congratulations Alvin, Wishing all of you the best.

Wayne

Yay happy shrimp daddy good luck and congrats on baby number 2 may all go well in your world :thumbup::D
Congratulations Alvin' date=' hope all goes well tonight with you new little shrimplet, lol :victorious:[/quote']Thank you for all your well-wishes.. Just to let everyone know, my lovely 2nd daughter is born yesterday (20/08/2013) at 11:56am (Singapore time)..

Congratulations Alvin. Trust Mum & Bub are all well...... it's heaps easier the second time around :-) Send our best to ALL. :triumphant: