My racks and shrimp collection

alvinchan80

They're crazy beautiful......:applause: Do the PRL's produce 100% PRL shrimplets ?
BB clearly means what % are culls and keepers :encouragement: They are Awesome Alvin (St George Dragons Shrimp) Love the net Thankyou very much

Yes, thanks Matblack :encouragement:....and to ninja :p

Alvin, If your PRL quality shrimplet ratio is say 7:3 (unsure whether you know the F generation of them), I'm curious as to whether a F10+ PRL will produce 100% PRL quality shrimplet ?

BB clearly means what % are culls and keepers :encouragement: They are Awesome Alvin (St George Dragons Shrimp) Love the net Thankyou very much
Thanks for your compliments Mat...I like to use that net too.. Haha..
Yes' date=' thanks Matblack :encouragement:....and to ninja :pAlvin, If your PRL quality shrimplet ratio is say 7:3 (unsure whether you know the F generation of them), I'm curious as to whether a F10+ PRL will produce 100% PRL quality shrimplet ?[/quote']I am pretty sure that you won't get 100% high grades even in F10.. I try not to do 'line breeding' where you will breed based on their generations.. (Not enough tanks.. Haha) There are bound to have some which are not good with bad colorations... That's why it is expensive..Each breeder of PRL takes time and effort to choose the traits they want in their lineage and carefully breed them.. I have been in awe when I visit big time breeders overseas.. 2 main faculty is mass breeder & quality breeder..LOL.....

Taking a break from the recent hectic work and family commitment.. It has been a long week for me..

Rushing work which I have been neglecting due to my newborn..

Spent sometime 'camping' in front my my tanks to take photos of my Pure Black Line.. It has been so long since I have been able to take a decent photo of them.. This time... With a tripod and equipped with the Canon 30D and macro lens... Here I go.. Enjoy and hope you guys don't mind the shabby shots..

Tasting on Lowkeys B18 Power Protein.

fc2blog_20130923031850d77.jpg

Mama taking some shade..

fc2blog_20130923031959a8d.jpg

More improvement to go.. Another long way...

fc2blog_20130923032117be7.jpgfc2blog_2013092303225173f.jpg

That's all for now folks.. Happy shrimping and hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.. Check out my blog for more updates.. :)

Alvin your shrimp are amazing.

Congrats on the birth of you second child too, good times ahead when all settles down.

Thankyou so much for helping with organizing the good quality nets for me also, very

much appreciated.

Hello everyone again...

Tonight to share some of the different variations of shrimps which I have in my Tibee colony.. A small little group of them.. And lastly will show a little surprise from this colony..

Here are some of the mamas...

fc2blog_20130929024322e2e.jpgfc2blog_20130929024406acd.jpgfc2blog_201309290244315e0.jpgfc2blog_20130929024502058.jpgfc2blog_20130929024523980.jpg

One of the males...

fc2blog_201309290246406cb.jpg

Now for the babies....

fc2blog_201309290249238ff.jpgfc2blog_201309290250283e2.jpg

And this is the surprise... (If I am not mistaken, should be a red zebra pinto..)

fc2blog_20130929025106350.jpgfc2blog_2013092902511732e.jpg

Alright everyone... Time to catch some zzz..

Happy shrimping...

Very cool pics as usual Alvin, definitely a lot of potential in those patterns. The red pinto looks very promising, can't wait to see it grown up & also what it produces, definitely worth watching. :victorious:

• 2 weeks later...

Not been updating this thread for some time..

So sorry.. So here I go, hope everyone enjoy..

fc2blog_20131010225019909.jpgfc2blog_20131010225044e64.jpgfc2blog_20131010225114173.jpgfc2blog_201310102251471bf.jpg

There are some nice shrimps with good 'sexy looking' legs.. But their body need to improve.. More time.. More time..

fc2blog_20131010225302849.jpgfc2blog_2013101022541045b.jpg

Here are other photos that shrimp on plant...

fc2blog_201310102303055a0.jpgfc2blog_2013101023032416c.jpg

Well, that's all folks..

Happy shrimping..

Thos leggys are indeed of the sexy variety... awesome as usual alvin, how is your new family addition going??

Wow dude, there are definitely some stunning sexy pins on those girls, love your pics as always, thanks for sharing! :victorious:

• HOF Member

love seeing your shrimp they are just gorgeous as usual. how is your little daughter doing?

Thos leggys are indeed of the sexy variety... awesome as usual alvin' date=' how is your new family addition going??[/quote']Thanks blackcat.. Still really need to do even better.. Consistency of the legs are not red enough..My new baby, Reyné, is doing fine., not easy to handle 2 kids with an upcoming aquarium shop.. But trying my best.. Thanks mate..Thank you mate! You always gives me lots of encouragement to persist.. Hope your racks are doing fine and your shrimps to get better and better each time... :)Thanks KOC... I will try to update as much as possible.. Just don't mind my long winded thread..Thank you for your compliments... :)Hehe.. Can't wait to meet up with ya.. We can have a good chat..Thank you shrimpstan...It's the shrimp's work, ninja.. They did the reproduction.. I just chose their mate.. Hahaha!!I love to see them too but daily seems to be seeing them lesser now due to commitments.. Soon I will see them more then 8hrs a day.. Hahaha...My little girl is fine.. Drink a lot of milk, getting chubby (unlike me).. Haha.. But still sticking to her 2-3 hourly milk session.. It's tiring but my wife has been very understanding to let me sleep through the night.. :p

Thanks blackcat.. Still really need to do even better.. Consistency of the legs are not red enough..

My new baby' date=' Reyné, is doing fine., not easy to handle 2 kids with an upcoming aquarium shop.. But trying my best.. Thanks mate..

[/quote']

Upcoming aquarium shop? Are you opening a shop? When is thos happening? Will it only be shrimpies?

Where will the shop be? Have you chosen a name ?There will be a lot of ppl booking it in as a stop off on their holidays :-) i know I will ;-)

Keep us posted:-)

Upcoming aquarium shop? Are you opening a shop? When is thos happening? Will it only be shrimpies?

Where will the shop be? Have you chosen a name ?There will be a lot of ppl booking it in as a stop off on their holidays :-) i know I will ;-)

Keep us posted:-)

Alvin has already got an online store ... Aquarist Chamber.

He is now opening a brick and mortal also called aquarist chamber.

Unfortunately the shop is still under Reno, and won't be ready for my visit next week. But that hasn't stopped Alvin from letting me visit is shrimp tanks at his home. Thank dude !

That's awesome dude, congratulations & good luck with your new shop. I know that if I every make my way to Singapore I will definitely be stopping in to chat & see your sexy shrimp in person! :victorious:

Upcoming aquarium shop? Are you opening a shop? When is thos happening? Will it only be shrimpies?Where will the shop be? Have you chosen a name ?There will be a lot of ppl booking it in as a stop off on their holidays :-) i know I will ;-)Keep us posted:-)
Yup.. An upcoming shop with shrimps of all kinds from normal neocaridina to high grades pure lines' date=' there will be plants like bucephalandra, echinodorus satan and rare crypto as well..The shop will be in Singapore at a location called Upper Serangoon, name is Aquarist Chamber which was already started since April this year... :)Thank you blackcat for your support and I hope to see more hobbyist from all over the world to pop by and visit..
Alvin has already got an online store ... Aquarist Chamber.He is now opening a brick and mortal also called aquarist chamber.Unfortunately the shop is still under Reno, and won't be ready for my visit next week. But that hasn't stopped Alvin from letting me visit is shrimp tanks at his home. Thank dude !
Thanks Jayc.. It was a major decision to decide on a physical shop.. Lots of money, time and effort dumped into this.. Hope everything will go smoothly..Visiting my place is no problem.. If you don't mind the renovating empty shop space, I can bring you to take a look as well.. Haha..
That's awesome dude, congratulations & good luck with your new shop. I know that if I every make my way to Singapore I will definitely be stopping in to chat & see your sexy shrimp in person! :victorious:
Thanks squiggle... Please do make your way here.. Haha.. Really need more fellow hobbyists word of mouth to spread my shop.. Really hope to make it a stopover for all aquatic hobbyist to visit me... :p

Great work!! Will have to schedule a visit for early next year!!

All the best mate!