My racks and shrimp collection

alvinchan80

Looking good Alvin, fingers crossed for some potential pinto's :victorious:

good luck Alvin and keep posting pics for us .... really inspiring mate!

Looking good Alvin' date=' fingers crossed for some potential pinto's :victorious:[/quote']Squiggle mate, i think i spotted a pinto shrimplet last night while i was taking photos of these Tibees.. This time i am very sure its a pinto.. because its already solid black with stripes across its back.. It is only at 0.2cm in size.. very small so i wont be able to take any photo (unless with a DSLR with macro lens) until it is older.. but its good that i can't take now so that i can be sure that it survived before taking photo of it... haha.. Only managed to see 1... so praying for the best...thanks durro68... i hope i am not boring everyone with my constant posting and updating...Happy shrimping...

Mmmmmm pinto's! :encouragement: Don't worry dude, I'm sure everyone loves your constant posting, you definitely inspire us to achieve more with our shrimp & show us what is possible, well done & definitely keep it up :victorious:

Singapore has been clouded by a thick haze in the last few days... PSI highest exceeding 150 today (if I never see wrongly)..

fc2blog_20130619134242c87.jpg

Eyes has been feeling irritated and getting some headaches.. So I think the best option is to be in my shrimp room and look at my shrimps while doing some culling in the process.. (Excuses to be in an air-conditioned room.. Haha)

(So sorry for the belated photos.. Lol)

fc2blog_20130619134508d83.jpgfc2blog_20130619134542434.jpgfc2blog_2013061913455779f.jpg

To cull or not to cull? :p

fc2blog_2013061913461729b.jpg

(Blue faced PBL mama)

fc2blog_20130619134637fb2.jpg

(Nice juvenile but black is not strong)

Happy shrimping on a hazy day..

Awesome stuff Alvin, they look spectacular, as always :encouragement: Spewing about the haze, nothing like a good excuse for a bit of shrimp staring, lol :victorious:

Awesome stuff Alvin' date=' they look spectacular, as always :encouragement: Spewing about the haze, nothing like a good excuse for a bit of shrimp staring, lol :victorious:[/quote']Thanks mate... the haze here is getting very bad from 100PSI until now if not wrong is 188PSI... breathing feels so heavy and everywhere looks so cloudy but its very very warm....Thanks torface~~ the last one has good nice white but the black is not as strong as the rest... considering if i should cull him out... :p

Thanks torface~~ the last one has good nice white but the black is not as strong as the rest... considering if i should cull him out... :p

I just like the pattern :)

I'd gladly relieve you of him if you weren't in another country :P

• HOF Member

Oh Alvin we would just die for your culls!!!! I like the blue face PBL- I know she can't have a blue face but it is nice:D

I just like the pattern :)I'd gladly relieve you of him if you weren't in another country :P
Haha... i know... but i also know the strict rules of Australia to conserve their wildlife from 'foreign' animals... but i am curious... these shrimps should not be able to live in the wild... they have been tank-bred for the past 8 years if not wrong... anyway' date=' rules are rules, laws are laws... :)
Oh Alvin we would just die for your culls!!!! I like the blue face PBL- I know she can't have a blue face but it is nice:D
Thanks ineke... hehe...actually i am trying to breed out more blue faced PBL.. its not often that you see blue faced ones.. i want to breed out solid PBL with blue face if possible.. but the blue face will not be visible until it reaches 1.3cm or above...

Haha... i know... but i also know the strict rules of Australia to conserve their wildlife from 'foreign' animals... but i am curious... these shrimps should not be able to live in the wild... they have been tank-bred for the past 8 years if not wrong... anyway' date=' rules are rules, laws are laws... :)

[/quote']

I think it's more an issue of what diseases they could bring in.

But yes laws are laws... Oh well :sigh: haha

• HOF Member

Alvin the blue face should be a very popular one I think just adds that little bit more character. Good luck with them:D

Yes we do love Alvin's Posts, you can tell by the number of pages, views and replies...Quick question Alvin, have you ever experienced bacterial diseases with your shrimp before? And how would you go combating it? It seems one of my tanks has a problem where I am losing 1-2 every couple weeks, it is usually the berried mama's! Really stressing me out!

I think it's more an issue of what diseases they could bring in. But yes laws are laws... Oh well :sigh: haha
I guess it's all about wildlife.. It's a good point which Australia gov is doing..
Alvin the blue face should be a very popular one I think just adds that little bit more character. Good luck with them:D
It's very rare to have blue tint on PBL.. And myself and the original breeder of my PBL lineage has them.. Hope to be able to achieve not only the face with blue tint..(note: PBL has not been cross with blue bolts before' date=' they were kept purely PBL x PBL)
Yes we do love Alvin's Posts, you can tell by the number of pages, views and replies...Quick question Alvin, have you ever experienced bacterial diseases with your shrimp before? And how would you go combating it? It seems one of my tanks has a problem where I am losing 1-2 every couple weeks, it is usually the berried mama's! Really stressing me out!
Thank you so much CNgo2006 brother.. Really hope that everyone can enjoy my thread and we can learn from each other..Yes, I have experience bacterial infection before.. To me I feel it's actually considered a sudden imbalance of 'good' and 'bad' bacteria in the tank's environment.. Which is why I will always be dosing in powder or liquid base bacteria on a 3-5 days basis just to enhance and strengthen the tank's stability.. 1 or 2 shrimps per week is not really that bad, last time I have 1-2 shrimps PER DAY.. Haha..Of cause there are products which will prevent or slowly stop this, but I don't know if its sold in Australia..As for the deaths of berried females, it's something which we cannot avoid.. From what I experience, the first to die in cases like these, are the high grades, berried ones.. Very heart pain situation..You can try by netting out those shrimps and put them into another tank first.. let the tank stabilize for a week or two.. During the duration, you can try to siphon your substrate (since there are no shrimps inside) and try to dose in bacteria for tank to have a better 'good' bacteria colony.. Of cause you cannot visually see an improvement, only way is to put shrimps back inside and monitor them again..Hope this helps..

Thank you so much CNgo2006 brother.. Really hope that everyone can enjoy my thread and we can learn from each other..

Yes' date=' I have experience bacterial infection before.. To me I feel it's actually considered a sudden imbalance of 'good' and 'bad' bacteria in the tank's environment.. Which is why I will always be dosing in powder or liquid base bacteria on a 3-5 days basis just to enhance and strengthen the tank's stability.. 1 or 2 shrimps per week is not really that bad, last time I have 1-2 shrimps PER DAY.. Haha..

Of cause there are products which will prevent or slowly stop this, but I don't know if its sold in Australia..

As for the deaths of berried females, it's something which we cannot avoid.. From what I experience, the first to die in cases like these, are the high grades, berried ones.. Very heart pain situation..

You can try by netting out those shrimps and put them into another tank first.. let the tank stabilize for a week or two.. During the duration, you can try to siphon your substrate (since there are no shrimps inside) and try to dose in bacteria for tank to have a better 'good' bacteria colony.. Of cause you cannot visually see an improvement, only way is to put shrimps back inside and monitor them again..

Hope this helps..[/quote']

Yes thanks for all your help Alvin, great to have someone with your expertise here to help...I was thinking of what you mentioned, only thing is I have shrimplets everywhere! They seem to be doing OK it is the older ones that are mainly effected, as I said mainly the berried girls. I am currently setting up a new rack so will be moving all shrimp soon as the rack is finished (everytime I start to work on it, it starts to rain, weather in sydney is not so good atm and I have it in backyard so I can paint it).

The air has been getting really bad... Last night alone the PSI has hit more then 300...

(Taken this morning)

fc2blog_2013062013560012b.jpg

But let's not gloom over this.. Cannot avoid and just wait for it to tide over...

Enjoy a few photos which I have taken couple of days back and last night..

(Nice little piece but banded pattern..)

fc2blog_20130620135926a1e.jpg

(Food.. Nom nom nom.. Lol)

fc2blog_201306201400567f9.jpgfc2blog_20130620140125e47.jpg

(Red Nose Shrimp joining the 'fun')

fc2blog_20130620140314dc5.jpgfc2blog_20130620140500f67.jpgfc2blog_20130620140544240.jpg

(Lastly a Big fat mama out on stroll)

fc2blog_201306201408598a7.jpg

Happy shrimping everyone.. Drink more water..

• HOF Member

Once again beautiful shrimp. That pollution is bad, here in Adelaide we don't get a lot of smog very little really, we are still a lucky country.

Once again beautiful shrimp. That pollution is bad' date=' here in Adelaide we don't get a lot of smog very little really, we are still a lucky country.[/quote']

Thanks ineke...

That smog is actually from the forest fire in Indonesia and it was blown to Singapore... As of the latest update on the PSI, its 371.. (hazardous to health level) Everyone is covering their nose and mouth as well as wearing masks.... :(

Wow dude, that is crazy smog! :dejection: On a brighter side, those pics are awesome, stunning as usual :victorious:

NICE ALVIN!

Banded pattern is nicer IMO - more red for contrast.

• HOF Member

Oh not good- bad enough when it's your own pollution but some one else's sux! Never mind great shrimp watching time. Enjoy:encouragement:

Wow dude' date=' that is crazy smog! :dejection: On a brighter side, those pics are awesome, stunning as usual :victorious:[/quote']The 'brightest' side will be to be made to stay home and be in my shrimp room for the day.. (or a couple of days... haha)Thanks durro... there are people who likes more red, some likes more white... but i think we all love them ALL... haha...Yeah... but we cannot help it... just to wait for this to pass... smoky smell everywhere now.. hope the shrimps are ok.. (can i go home to make sure my shrimps are ok? Oops... i mean go home and make sure my wife and daughter is ok...... :p )

So Indonesia is burning more forests, to clear land, to grow oil palms and deprive orang-utans of their habitats?