Twellsy's 3ft Divided Tank

Twellsy

I like how the lights hang of the aquarium, looks very professonal. If you want a lower ph, then definatly more soil.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Twellsy

• Squiggle

• ineke

• JonX

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Guys , I was planning on adding another bag to each tank

Planning on CRS , CBS , Yellow/Sunkist/Chocolate cherries , still need to find out what can go with cherries that won't interbreed for the third tank

Still waiting for the third filter to come in ( was on order ) so I will pick the rest of the stuff I need when I pick up the filter

Shop ended up matching the online prices for the filters and heaters ( saved about $100 plus waiting time )

Cheers Twellsy

Any of the Caridina Contonensis variations will go with cherries, ie, CRS, CBS, panda, KK, BB, WR & tigers will go with cherries, just have to get the WP right for them & the cherries will adapt :encouragement: Sounds like you to a good bargain, well done dude :victorious:

It looks fantastic. I love the lights! Great work! :applause:

Looking great! Awesome work :encouragement:
Thanks ' date=' still a bit to go
It looks fantastic. I love the lights! Great work! :applause:
Thanks , I love these lights aswell they should be ok for growing moss

Looks good Tw, what did you secure the wires with on the overhead bars? I have to do some thing similar with LEDs and need to secure the wiring.

What mosses are you going to grow?

Bob

Looks good Tw' date=' what did you secure the wires with on the overhead bars? I have to do some thing similar with LEDs and need to secure the wiring.

What mosses are you going to grow?

Bob[/quote']

Thanks Bob , I used cable tie mounts ( from Bunnings where cable ties are ) about $2 for the pack of 6

image_zps814088c7.jpg

I have peacock and java moss at the moment , going to try a few other types aswell ( wanting to get a couple of plants in pots don't know what to get and also need to get some ada soil )

Cheers Twellsy

This is a super neat build thread, every time I come to view this I get a smile!

This is a very smart looking and well thought out setup. The stand and lighting look top notch. Congrats :)

So looks like each division is a seperate system? Are you going to also run indvidual heaters?

What about in summer, what are you going to think about doing for the chilling situation?

Thanks all for the kind words

They are 3 separate tanks , each tank has its own filter and heaters

The house is normally very cool in summer but we have air conditioning which the wife loves to run in summer so don't think heat will be an issue

Cheers Twellsy

image_zps814088c7.jpg

I have peacock and java moss at the moment , going to try a few other types aswell

this just my opinion but i think this set up looks too top notch for java fern. especially after it gets kitted out with sexy shrimp ;)

Thanks Tw, I was going to use caped channel but that will be easier.

I want to keep it neat because I had aluminum stands built and I have put Blue contact on the backs of the tanks, glued the foam to the bottom of the tanks and that fixed the wire problem TA heaps

Bob

Your setup is looking great Twellsy. :encouragement:
Cheers mate
image_zps814088c7.jpgI have peacock and java moss at the moment ' date= going to try a few other types aswellthis just my opinion but i think this set up looks too top notch for java fern. especially after it gets kitted out with sexy shrimp ;)These little things are great for organizing wires even if they are hidden , I like my look it gives it a bit of an industrial look ( would love to see a photo of your lights when your done )Cheers Twellsy

Some progress

I have had tank # 1 running for a little over a week now with water , filter media , noodles and sponge inlet cover from one of my cycled tanks ( parameters all looking good so far ) PH also sitting at 6.4 with only one bag of shrimp sand

I have moved some of my Sunkist Cheeries to the tank ( 6 of them , 1 carrying eggs with eyes ) I have a few more small ones in another tank but will have to move them when they get a bit older ( can't tell if they are part of my yellows or Sunkist )

Picked up 5 more pots

image_zps089b928b.jpg

Picked up 2kgs of Fluval plant substrate - to be capped with pool filter sand or black gravel in the pots

ca98a4c5-c097-4ea4-827b-008261913769_zps9eb16782.jpg

Trying to decide on which plants to go for

Still waiting on my sponge inlet covers to arrive so I can move some of my cherry shrimp into tanks 2 and 3 ( these are also running with cycled media , water and noodles )

looking really good :), my favorite section is the one with the driftwood

I love the cabinet handles xD

Looks beautiful! Love the whole thing, coming together very nicely!

looking really good :)' date=' my favorite section is the one with the driftwood[/quote'] yeah I like that one the best aswell , trying to make three different looking tanks Cheers it is slowing coming together it is very slow at times but loving it

PICSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLS!!!!!!
She has gone into hiding hopefully that's a good sign ' date=' will post pics when I see her again
Looks so nice and neat! Loving the lights! Well done! Can't wait to see it all up and running!
Cheers mate , will update thread when I have finished adding plants and the rest of the moss ( Robert pointed a few things out last night so will have to redo that first )Cheers Twellsy