help black spot and slightly yellow on cherry shrimp , parasite?

cocobean

hi everyone

i noticed one of my cherry shrimp got black spot on her saddle and slightly yellow bellow the black spot its been 1 week in my shrimp tank and nothing happened to her all good (eating , swimming) except she cant close her saddle properly i cant find this kind of disease on google , what should i do? i have no idea because this is my first shrimp tank

IMG_20220113_142557.thumb.jpg.c5817c7ebe22dda1491b70daaa9bfc6d.jpg

IMG_20220113_172228.jpg.06db43c8b0adae97f0e1fb8d6023332d.jpg

its hard to get focus with my phone camera 

any help and answer i really appreciate it thanks in advance

• Confused 1

Is the yellow underneath fluffy, otherwise it could be eggs (I only have a small screen so it is a bit to blurred to see) as they are usually yellow and in that area. If it is yellow fuzz it must be something else, maybe fungus? The shrimp looks fine otherwise so I would just keep an eye on it, the black bit of the shell may just disappear when it next moults or the eggs hatch (if it is carrying eggs), it doesn't look like any disease I am aware of so wouldn't be too concerned, just keep an eye on it and see if the yellow looks like eggs or fuzzy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

Is the yellow underneath fluffy, otherwise it could be eggs (I only have a small screen so it is a bit to blurred to see) as they are usually yellow and in that area. If it is yellow fuzz it must be something else, maybe fungus? The shrimp looks fine otherwise so I would just keep an eye on it, the black bit of the shell may just disappear when it next moults or the eggs hatch (if it is carrying eggs), it doesn't look like any disease I am aware of so wouldn't be too concerned, just keep an eye on it and see if the yellow looks like eggs or fuzzy!

thanks for answer my question! i think its not eggs its kind like very2 tiny rice not like eggs at all i can only see it when using a magnifying glassIMG_20220113_223525.thumb.jpg.afe7a7f8571c528cd6d8fd8f0bc4943f.jpg

it took several hours to took this photo , i tried to dip aquarium salt for 1 minute but no luck

now i put her in quarantine tank , i dont know what to do next maybe i just let it be and hope it will disappear by itself

Edited by cocobean
  • Like 1

I think you are dong the right thing with quarantine. I don't know what the things are behind the black mark, but it looks to me that she may have yellow eggs in front (left) of the black mark!

Just keep her in quaratine and a close eye on the others and let us know if anything changes.

It may be worth going through this thread,

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

I think you are dong the right thing with quarantine. I don't know what the things are behind the black mark, but it looks to me that she may have yellow eggs in front (left) of the black mark!

Just keep her in quaratine and a close eye on the others and let us know if anything changes.

It may be worth going through this thread,

thanks for the thread! after read that its looks like my problem similar to ellobiopsidae but mine not that yellow (although its slightly yellow) hope those are eggs because its hard to buy formalin in my country (illegal chemical) 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, cocobean said:

my country

Where are you? What treatment do you have in your country for parasites on a fish?

You seem to have two issues.

Ellobiopsidae (parasitic) and the black spot or rust disease (bacterial).

Both are described in the Disease and Diagnostics thread.

Edited by jayc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jayc said:

Where are you? What treatment do you have in your country for parasites on a fish?

You seem to have two issues.

Ellobiopsidae (parasitic) and the black spot or rust disease (bacterial).

Both are described in the Disease and Diagnostics thread.

i live in Indonesia , treatment for fish usually i use aquarium salt ,methylene blue , or hydrogen peroxide. 

can the disease infect other shrimp? Before being quarantined I left it in my shrimp tank for a week I thought it was normal and i thought it was eggs

• Sad 1

after several hours watching my shrimp tank I was noticed there is one shrimp that has a slightly yellow bellow/inside belly im not sure the shrimp female or male , the yellow part looks like inside his/her belly 

IMG20220114094439.jpg

IMG20220114094558.jpg

IMG20220114094704.jpg

• Like 1

I can see why you (as I also did) thought it is/was eggs, even with those clearer photos it is difficult to tell with that second shrimp? Even blown up I can't really tell, though if they are eggs on this second shrimp, they are very recent!

It is best to separate any that are looking suspect as soon as possible, but putting a (possibly) healthy shrimp with a (possibly) sick one isn't a good idea either obviously! Can you keep the 2 suspect shrimp separate for now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

I can see why you (as I also did) thought it is/was eggs, even with those clearer photos it is difficult to tell with that second shrimp? Even blown up I can't really tell, though if they are eggs on this second shrimp, they are very recent!

It is best to separate any that are looking suspect as soon as possible, but putting a (possibly) healthy shrimp with a (possibly) sick one isn't a good idea either obviously! Can you keep the 2 suspect shrimp separate for now?

im still trying to catch second shrimp , there are too many baby shrimp so i cant use fish net instead i use laddle with a bait (hikari crab cuisine) i almost got him unfortunately he escaped , im planning to do water change after i catch him

On 1/14/2022 at 12:00 PM, cocobean said:

can the disease infect other shrimp?

Ellobiopsidae is highly infectious. Separate the shrimp immediately.

Aquarium salt and hydrogen peroxide is ineffective aganist Ellobiopsidae.

Methylene blue is only partially affective by itself.

Try to get a Formalin & Malachite green combo medication from a pet store.  

Edited by jayc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jayc said:

Ellobiopsidae is highly infectious. Separate the shrimp immediately.

AAquarium salt and hydrogen peroxide is ineffective aganist Ellobiopsidae.

Methylene blue is only partially affective by itself.

Try to get a Formalin & Malachite green combo medication from a pet store.  

dang i have lots of baby shrimps that's maybe infected im suspecting there are some hidden infected shrimps in my shrimp tank right now , i did 50% water change im thinking to add some indian almond leaves is it possible to prevent and cure early stage of this disease with almond leaves?

Edited by cocobean
  • Sad 1

Are you able to get any of the medications where you are that are mentioned in the 'shrimp diseases and diagnosis' thread?

Otherwise I guess you will just have to remove any suspect shrimp as/when you see them, but you may end up losing them all if it is widespread already, and you have no treatments!

4 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

Are you able to get any of the medications where you are that are mentioned in the 'shrimp diseases and diagnosis' thread?

Otherwise I guess you will just have to remove any suspect shrimp as/when you see them, but you may end up losing them all if it is widespread already, and you have no treatments!

yeah im already bought malachite green , im still keep an eye to other shrimps ( already seperate 3 suspected shrimps) for shrimp babies i dont know if they're infected or not should i dose melechite inside my tank? i have heavily planted tank in this case

• Like 1

I would just treat the quarantine tank first and see if that is effective in the treatment. I have that malachite green and it will seriously stain everything it comes into contact with, so wear gloves and be very careful. If it works successfully then consider doing the main tank later if you are still seeing sick shrimp in it, but it may result in you having to redoing the tank once you have treated it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my first shrimp seems like recovered , my malachite green still in shipping so i did aquarium salt dip every other day i put 3 sick shrimp in seperate bowl 1 shrimp couldn't make it on first day (maybe shock from transferring) the second shrimp still alive but still same not changes anything

i put several indian almond leaves in their bowl its makes heavily brown water like a tea. everyday i dip the shrimp in aquarium salt bath for every 3-4 mins (1 spoons of aquarium salt with 350ml water)

today i noticed my first shrimp didn't have any green/yellow spot even the black spot already disappeared , is it safe to put the shrimp in main tank now? or i should quarantine for several days?

IMG20220118173524.jpg

IMG20220118173514.jpg

Edited by cocobean
  • Like 2

Thats fantastic news, I would leave it where it is for a few more days to be sure and make it easier to keep an eye on it!

I know the indian almond leaves have some antibacteria properties (?) maybe you should put a few in the main tank as it won't do any harm and may help. The tannin rich water won't be too difficult to clear with water changes at a later date either.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

Thats fantastic news, I would leave it where it is for a few more days to be sure and make it easier to keep an eye on it!

I know the indian almond leaves have some antibacteria properties (?) maybe you should put a few in the main tank as it won't do any harm and may help. The tannin rich water won't be too difficult to clear with water changes at a later date either.

yeah i did hang some leaves , don't know why babies and small shrimps like to gathering thereIMG20220118183917.thumb.jpg.58eca0b01bb1545c5052ff45fc74a92a.jpg

• Like 1