Help IDing this shrimp!

LaxLogic

Hello everyone! I am new to the fourm, and returning to the hobby!

I recently setup a new tank and believe it is cycled but wanted to be sure, before I put in my more expensive shrimp order so I got three of these guys to try and see how they would fair. I paid about 3 dollars each for them. The pet-store is clueless and said they are pinokio shrimp but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

It is some kind of Neo, but I can't tell what exactly. My guess is perhaps a cherry got busy with a blue velvet of some kind. Otherwise this is actually a very low grade carbon rili.

You be the judge!

Mystery blue Neo.jpg

Welcome back @LaxLogic, is that some red at the head and tail I spy? If so  it is a blue body red Rili ?great find!

38 minutes ago, KeenShrimp said:

Welcome back @LaxLogic, is that some red at the head and tail I spy? If so  it is a blue body red Rili ?great find!

That is indeed blue at the head and tail, they all have that. These "tester shrimp" might be worth keeping around. I think they are all male though I could see if I can get a few more babies hoping for a female if you think it would be worth while? I plan on making the tank for a different caridina species though.

(Still trying to decide between Black Tibees, CRS, or making my own red Tibees with CRS X Tigers.)

Edited by LaxLogic
adding quote