Start of something new

Jimmynich

Ok bit of an update. Ended up losing all of squigs blue bolts, been a pretty frustrating time over the last week but things are looking good now.

With some huge help from Squigs I've come to the conclusion that the cross flow style of filtration wasn't adequate enough for my tank. Ive removed one divider and the sponges from the single remaining one for now to see how it goes, also ended up moving my 2217 uptake to the opposite end of the tank and placed the spray bars on the rear of the tank pointing forward so that theres more flow getting to each section. Taken out all of the Ista moss holders as the tabs on the moss mesh were rusting really badly (initially thought this was why I was losing shrimp). So after a few water changes and some very frustrating times things are looking alot more promising. Have also got ten f5-f8 mishlings in the tank now and will receive a few more additions this week. Here it is currently. Added the new MK breed balls aswell.post-722-140238495638_thumb.jpg

Looking really good dude, spewing about the BBs! Hopefully everything is on the way up from here. :thumbsu:

I am sorry to hear of your your BB deaths. I hope your next attempt goes well. Keep your chin up. :thumbsu:

Cheers guys it is frustrating but you learn from mistakes and good opinions. All shrimp are super happy and are out grazing which they weren't doing a few days ago. :)

I love the was you have those feeding trays sunken into your substrate. What a great idea. Do they collect much sediment from around the tank?

I love the was you have those feeding trays sunken into your substrate. What a great idea. Do they collect much sediment from around the tank?

None at all mate, saves heaps of mess!

Couple of pics from today, decided to tie some fissidens to my left over feeding tray and turn it into a bit of a shrimp cave, did the same with my matt of flame moss. And a random rilli shed that I caught after a water change. Just got a Samsung S5 and can't get over how good the camera is. post-722-140254087441_thumb.jpgpost-722-140254087441_thumb.jpg

post-722-140254088798_thumb.jpg

post-722-14025523762_thumb.jpg Couple of new additions today, this nice panda, another shadow panda juvie and 6 more mishlings they've settled in well.

• 5 months later...

So it's been awhile since i've updated this! Alot has changed.

Full revamp on the tank with Benibachi soil.
Been running for around 6 months now with some good results, will let pics do the talking:
These are a mix of both mine and my brother inlaws shrimp

q5eyRz.jpg
98O6rq.jpg
LOsOXd.jpg
tF2RRs.jpg
suvpo6.jpg
byIUIc.jpg
UC1BTi.jpg
KHyPC1.jpg
AaVK8u.jpg
krCEq1.jpg
A4S47c.jpg
yMNpLP.jpg
wg1YdZ.jpg
okgyEc.jpg
J20y0C.jpg
jyGbPY.jpg
3UV1sP.jpg
HGxy7S.jpg
t8zDRj.jpg
VXi61w.jpg
FbYkWV.jpg
hOMaWX.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, some very nice shrimps. And a few juvies coming along too.  :thumbsu:

Thanks mate, pretty happy with the set up now, upgrading the chiller soon to a Resun 650 but then that should be it.

The Pinto's were a surprise after buying a Ruby Red male that ended up carrying Pinto gene, happy to see them that's for sure!

Love the collection!! Such a great variety to work with!

Brilliant pics and stunning little pintos! Congrats!!

Thanks heaps all. Definitely been a steep learning curve but everything seems good and stable now. Just need to get survival rates of shrimplets up and get my hands on a few more females!

Just took a few pics of the latest batch of shrimplets on the ground. Some nice patterns, love seeing the variety popping up with the addition of the Pinto gene, Enjoy:WoTwDe3.jpg
yetn2M7.jpg
RKC1DDo.jpg
Sy2MeKo.jpg
9IEUzTi.jpg
8hLFkSO.jpg
UPUr2KZ.jpg
fFaIBY9.jpg
ILkeO5A.jpg
wDgmDxy.jpg
hmZX1sy.jpg
jx02LiZ.jpg
YzmdJCq.jpg
smFq0A0.jpg
56kFxzc.jpg
gDMGiXx.jpg
r2YFYR8.jpg
7W3V0UT.jpg
b0NVTdE.jpg
Fotu8sk.jpg
B1Kat77.jpg
zPvrsOS.jpg
NNC6JS4.jpg

• Like 1

Loving these images. Awesome work Jimmy!!

More pics, let's make jayc cry!! :)

• Like 1