!st tank in the house in 15 years

northboy

• HOF Member

Looking good Bob , I like the colour of the water Lilly leaves. Would love to see the Madagascar lace , I have only seen one here in Adelaide and that was definitely not for sale.:encouragement: like those moss balls too.

I will put up some photos of the lace when it comes inside, I am working on cutting it up to make more and the off cuts will go out side again to grow.

I have seen them growing out side twice, once in Townsville and once here in Cairns, both time the leaves were a meeter long and 20cm wide, both growers use the same mix and it has 1/3 shell grit in it. I will use a nice deep pond for them. OH and deep shade both times, Townsville under a mango tree and here in the Rainforest.

Bob

Love them Blueyes, Bob did you ever know a fellow plant nut while you were in Brisbane by the name of Eng Chua. He lived at Zillmere, just a great all round bloke. I think he may have moved back to Malaya, but would love to catch up with him again.

Yea I knew Eng, I will ask Doc where he is for you, the lace plants in Townsville were at one of Lance Smith's mates places, growing and reproducing in a prawn trawler ice box under a Mango tree, The ones in Cairns were grown by a local shop owner, but some low life stole them from the back of his place.

I will have more of the white fins if you are still looking for some?

Bob

Hey Bob those white fin B,eyes are they the ones with long fins or short, i am looking for the short fins and larger spots.

Yes Lance Smith's plants were always spectacular and some of his methods to achieve water PM's were unusual to say the least. Eng was one of the people on the field trip to Cape York we did with ANGFA in 1991, we were just about back to the Tablelands when we had a sudden strong wind gust which somehow or other flipped Eng's vehicle over and it was then out of action and had to be transported back to Cairns. Fortunately Eng was ok but bruised other than that it was a great trip.

I remember hearing about that one, they are the short fin ones but the spots are not that big.

Bruce Hanson lives down the road for me, we both moved up from Pine Rivers at the same time.

I try to get up the Cape a couple of times a year, missed going very far up the last 2 so lots more and further this year, after it rains, if it dose???

Bob

I heard Bruce had moved up that way, say G'day for me when you next see him. BTW i am still interested in some Blueyes but will have to wait for a while, these bloody shrimps can be expensive little critters, especially when just setting up. Gary

Bruce has Gertrudes for Iron Range, I will have a look at them. There is more that a couple of ANGFA guys moved up here in the last few years and most go exploring on the Cape, so all sorts of things turn up.

There is also lots more native nutters moving up soon to.

Bob