!st tank in the house in 15 years

northboy

Hi All

I thought I would start a journal of the first fish tank I have had in a house in 15 years, Working in the industry and having fish room I have stayed away from indoor tanks until now.

I am also about to start to build 3 different fish rooms ( over the next 2 years or shorter)

It is a 90cm x 45cm x 40cm tank, I am putting my Cherry.s in for the time being and no cycle of the tank, I never Cycle but please don't do the same because if you can not stop feeding you will have dramas

The substrate is old school and free laterite

tankstullygeneral100640x360_zps43f49f21.jpg

This is how I add water so as not to stir things up

tankstullygeneral108640x360_zpse04dbb5b.jpg

tankstullygeneral110640x360_zpsd1f6b5ba.jpg

tankstullygeneral109360x640_zps08ab1f75.jpg

It had shrimp in it half an hour after that shot, but I used the water from the tank they were in and the other half for the tap, the tank is half full and still has no filter.

All good this morning so I will add more photos shortly.

• HOF Member

OH dear there will be no stopping you now -didn't you know tanks breed??? They appear overnight. How did you win the wife over Bob?

There will be 2 more tanks Ineke, one for my Morays and a saltwater tank for Linda, she would also like a Goldfish tank so I am guessing 4 inside.

I will add a couple more pics today when I fill the tank.

Bob

That is the problem Ineke she has been a fish keeper for years, so there is no hand brake on either side and that has it problems, big problems LOL.

I DO NOT want salt water tanks, but there is no win so there will be salt water, may be just may be I can sneak in some Marine shrimp, Cairns Marine has some RIPPERS hidden in corners LOL

Bob

• HOF Member

Definitely helps to have a hand brake Bob. I would have at least double what I have now if I didn't have hubby keeping an eye on things:D

YAY marine!! My favourite marine shrimp are the pacific cleaner & the blood shrimp, soooo pretty & the cleaner shrimp help keep the fish free from parasites & other nasty's, just like putting your fish through the carwash, hahaha :victorious:

Awesome! You take ages to put the shrimp in! I dump the shrimp in the bucket so they go through a ride through the hose to go to their new tank! ;)

LOL I did the same was not going to say that though, every one is obsessed with cycling and I did not want to start that argument.

Bob

Really enjoying the 2 topics you have going at the moment ! talking about handbrakes I am just venturing back into the hobby again after swearing I would never do it again

Two and a bit years ago I sold up everything over 50 tanks and stock and said to my wife I was relieved to be out of it ... and now I am getting back into it :sour: will we never learn

But I swear that it will never get back to what it was :barbershop_quartet_

Barry

Barry go and dam well slap your self, you know dam well you will LOL

It is a terminal disease that keeps recurring.

The most tanks I had was 340, at the moment I have 120, 2 foot to 4 foot and I need a 6 for my Morays.

A part of one fish room

4d142b9a.jpg

Just went looking for more and can not find them

Bob

Hahaha, definitely an addiction you will never kick, it is completely incurable! :smiley_simmons:

Nice looking rack Bob, very cool pic! :encouragement:

Sorry, no hold on not sorry. go for the MTS

That was 1/3 of the room I had in Brisbane, I can not find the photos of the 340 tanks DAM. they were all automated water changes or Systems

Bob

• 1 month later...

A bit of an update on the tank and it role has changed for a while, it is now to grow on juvenile water lilies for the next couple of months, then I will put in the Crypts, Madagascar lace and chain swords.

TankShrimp045640x360_zpsdaca12f2.jpg

TankShrimp007640x360_zpsb85d2b2d.jpg

I will add a full tank shot shortly, It is nothing to look at for now because of its role change

Bob

TankShrimp042640x360_zpsb96311df.jpg

I should Add that the NATIVE moss balls came from Baccus in Rocky they turned up in Her tanks, they are not dense like to OS ones, loose and very nice.

Bob

A couple more

001640x360_zpse17fe6ea.jpg

002640x360_zps0a1c25f7.jpg

004640x360_zpsc4449cf1.jpg

005640x360_zps328f630e.jpg

It is a Krap photo of these White fin Spotted Blueys, but it is to give BB and idea of what he is getting, these fish BB

009640x316_zps5ba60516.jpg

The green in the photos is from the Algae on the back and side walls, I grow Algae wherever I can to feed snails, I will tanks a photo of the tank I am trying to breed Butis butis in, that will shock some algae dislikers LOL