• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heavyd

• Squiggle

• NoGi

• CNgo2006

I just noticed something interesting. In the second last photo, there is a squiggly line on the carapace section behind the eyes. That's the bit that splits open to allow the shrimp to jump out of the skin to moult. I never realised it was preformed.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright here are the first batch of photos taken with my new camera - Canon 70D. Loving the camera, but still working out the settings.

Anyway here are some of the photos. Comments welcome as always.

IMG_0148_zps40413ae8.jpg

IMG_0147_zpsf987f5b0.jpg

IMG_0146_zps43598701.jpg

IMG_0113_zps28ac8927.jpg

IMG_0122_zps8f50c615.jpg

IMG_0129_zpscd4d6c44.jpg

IMG_0135_zps9dc85def.jpg

IMG_0117_zps18b125f8.jpg

IMG_0116_zpsed90c08d.jpg

Wow dude, I swear the D in your name stands for DAAAAAMMMMM!!! They are some sweet shots & the shrimp are stunning too. Thanks for sharing. :encouragement:

Very nice Doron but shouldn't you be taking snaps of the lil bub instead of shrimp with that new camera?

Oh come on Nogi! You can't tease us like that without posting some pics, that's just evil! Lol :smiley_simmons:

@Dean: I can't really tell the difference yet with the increased megapixels. At least not with the photos at this size. Definitely notice the difference in the processor of the new camera and the sweet sound of the new shutter.

@Squiggle: Thanks as always for such positive compliments. Makes it worthwhile sharing my journey mate.

@CNgo: Chi, the shrimp have more patience for photography than my son. I thought I better get it right on the shrimp first. Isaac will have a photo shoot later this week,

@Nogi: What lense did you end up getting mate?

Awesome pics mate!!

How low is that ISO?! Id be shocked if youre taking that at ISO100. Must have some major light works. When i play with Tims 60D with a Tamron 90mm macro without a flash the ISO is maxed out at ISO 6400 and you can really tell the difference when you upload it.

Thanks guys :)

@Robert: I'm using an external flash positioned above the tank. The latest series of photos were taken at ISO 100, Shutter speed 1/200-1/250 and aperture 18-22. I definitely cant get these results or sharpness without using a flash.

what lens?

sweet pics. really makes me want to upgrade my 550d, but it does well for what it is, I got it as it was the best with video (HD) on a budget.

70D looks like probably the next step for me.

Ps. Macro video, do it.. just keep it off youtube, as that stuff get compressed and you loose all the quality.

Pretty sure on the first page i says he is using a Canon 100mm 2.8L IS USM. Ive wanted one for a while. Playing with Kiwibigds 100mm makes me want it even more.

Yep using the 100mm Canon lens. I just love it.

I have given the macro video a quick go, and the detail is very impressive, but as you mentioned difficult to upload to share.

I'll to a few questions above here.

Increase in megapixel doesn't equate to better image quality. If a sales guy tries to sell you on megapixels alone, walk out. :encouragement: The quality of the image is down to the lens, image processing and the photographer.

If you want to show videos here on SKF, as long as they don't break any rules, the easiest way would be to upload to YouTube and then paste the sharing code here. YouTube videos can be embedded into posts.

Oh, the lens I got wasn't for the shrimp LOL I grabbed the Sigma 1.4L 85mm portrait lens.

Thanks for the extra info Nogi.

I would add that if you already have a decent camera body, then money will be better spent on upgrading lenses rather that upgrading the body.

Also, nice new lense by the way. I'm contemplating adding another lens to the arsenal.

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since I've updated this thread. I've taken some photos to show that fish and shrimp can co-exist together in some tanks. They even get fairly cosy at feeding time.

Enjoy......

IMG_0746_zpsdd109148.jpg

IMG_0744_zpsbdf99e4b.jpg

IMG_0732_zps15a12986.jpg

IMG_0728_zps03c703e1.jpg

IMG_0717_zpsf5844485.jpg

IMG_0714_zps017aebab.jpg
IMG_0654_zps826e76d7.jpg

Wow dude, awesome pics & that red cherry is stunning! :victorious: Well done, thanks for sharing! :encouragement: