Macro photography by HeavyD

Heavyd

Maybe I should go for that wedding photo job? Bring my trusty camera phone with me...You'll probably never hear from me again after the groom gets through with me LOL!

can guarantee that lol ;)

wish my camera let me zoom in that close for macros :(

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heavyd

• Squiggle

• NoGi

• CNgo2006

Seeing everyone else taking macro photo's inspired me to pull out the camera today and have a play. Enjoy....

IMG_6035_zps40cdb6ae.jpg

IMG_6034_zpsee7c73e2.jpg
IMG_6029_zpse63df53c.jpg

IMG_6018_zpsa4365634.jpg

IMG_6017_zps0e5b9778.jpg

Beautiful HD those yellows are ... yellow. So much detail.

• HOF Member

Awesome just amazing what the shrimp look like up close and personal:encouragement:

Stunning shots dude, they look so vibrant & the detail is awesome. What settings do you use? :victorious:

Thanks for the great comments. I love managing to take shots I'm happy with. Doesn't always happen and discomfort usually gets in the way.

Mr Squiggle for the latest series of photos I used dual external flashes, one from above the tank and one on a bracket to the side of the lens. Other settings were ISO 400, Aperture 14-16, Shutter speed 1/200, AWB.

I know what you mean dude :victorious:

Thanks for the info dude, I'll give those a try & see how I go :encouragement:

awesome pics mate love the one of the eggs! what shrimp is it thats berried?

• 2 months later...

Absolutely stunning pics dude, what settings are you using to get such spectacular results? Keep em coming dude, well done! :victorious:

Thanks for looking.

@BB: I wish you would take photos like this too :P

@Squiggle: Thanks mate. Check back one page for camera settings. I think you already asked the question. Only difference today is that I only used one flash above the tank.

Great skills you got there Dorian. I wish you had some TB to take macro shots. That would Awesum . When Dorian, when???

Thanks Andrew.

Maybe if you invite me over one day, I'll take some shots for you.

Unless of course you wish to donate some TBs for a worthwhile cause :P

And it's Doron by the way.

Hahaha, yeah pretty bad short term........um what were we talking about again? Lol :victorious:

Yeah having the light source above the subject makes one hell of a difference :encouragement:

Yep the photos like this wouldn't be possible without the flash from above.

Do you have room to place a flash above the tanks in your rack?

Yeah I'm going to make a custom defuser, low profile to be able to take good shots. I've got about 150-200mm clearance above the tanks but less where the shelf beams are :encouragement: