Macro photography by HeavyD

Heavyd

The lens is an absolute pleasure to use. Can really feel the difference in the lens quality over the twin lens kit that I bought with the camera.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heavyd

• Squiggle

• NoGi

• CNgo2006

I love the colour in those yellows, great work on the selective breeding! And great work on the photos too, of course ;)

• 1 month later...

Some more macro shots. I've decided that taking shots on a curved glass tank (Aqua One Ar620T) is no fun. Creates some weird distortions and reflections.

Anyway here you go and as always, criticisms welcome:

The Crystal black

IMG_5607_zpsfd7aaafa.jpg

The cheeky chocolate cherry

IMG_5608_zps5c2f0b0a.jpg

Just like a chocolate milkshake......

IMG_5610_zpsdc8b687b.jpg

Crytal Black

IMG_5631_zpsd7a421b4.jpg

Crystal black

IMG_5623_zpsc989d85f.jpg

I found one of my yellow cherry's with some nice green hue(selective breeding project if I can find a mate for her!)

IMG_5652_zps5a2f0eff.jpg

Wishful thinking!!!! lol

IMG_5652-2_zps69bef05a.jpg

When I saw that Green shrimp my eyes popped out of my head, then I saw the line above it :(

Can't wait for the Emerald Green shrimp (caridina babaulti cf green) to appear :)

Great Macros :)

• 2 months later...

I took a few more shots this afternoon. They aren't by best photos, but I did take them free hand and the tank does have slightly curved glass. Couldn't quite seem to nail the focus. I found it hard to keep my hands still enough without dropping away from the focus on the eyes.

Red Cherry Shrimp

IMG_5685_zpsbd3be710.jpg

Baby bristlenose (2cm)

IMG_5679_zps3f5ea72c.jpgIMG_5677_zps3abc66fb.jpg

Panda corydoras

IMG_5686_zps85fb98cc.jpg

Harlequin rasbora

IMG_5700_zps6762c399.jpg

Your photo's are amazing! I am so jealous and wish I could afford a macro lens :( one day maybe :rolleyes:

Absolutely breath-taking shots Heavyd...Keep practising (wink wink) and post some more shots mate..

• 1 month later...

Well here are some more shots. What else do you do on a crappy, rainy day. The focus today was on the native Darwin Algae shrimp and a couple of shots of my peppermint catfish. Enjoy.....

IMG_5801_zpsc40461fc.jpg

IMG_5813_zps73c6dfb0.jpg

IMG_5820_zps4e35cff5.jpg

IMG_5823_zps872f31c3.jpg

IMG_5825_zps69736bcb.jpg

IMG_5838_zpsc07b2048.jpg

IMG_5845_zps76fb8a1c.jpg

IMG_5847_zps7504b0f7.jpg

beautiful pics mate.

i have a question... :)

in all your marco shots you get a large area of focus, how do you get such a large area in focus???????

is it a setting on the camera or do you take a pic not zoomed in so close and then blow up the pic?

also that last pic is very cool indeed :encouragement:

Great effort there Doron and great effort from your rasbora as well! LOL! I remember someone posting looking for a wedding photographer?

Thanks mate. I get the lense as close to the subject as possible, so with the lens hood on, I'm pretty much touching the glass. To increase the depth of field, you need to increase your aperture setting or F-stop value. I work on a minimum of 11 usually. The lower the value the shallower your depth of field will be. Shutter speed is usually 150th-200th/second. ISO is 200-400. I also do crop a lot of my shots to get a better composition.

I'm not sure if that is helpful or not?

cheers mate, yes it is helpful :) it is what someone else told me also..

now i just need to keep reading and learning what aperture shutter speed & ISO are and how to change them lol

Thanks for the great comments.

And Chi, you crack me up! It takes a certain knack to get blurry photos and even include the odd thumb in the frame lol.

Thanks for the great comments.

And Chi' date=' you crack me up! It takes a certain knack to get blurry photos and even include the odd thumb in the frame lol.[/quote']

Maybe I should go for that wedding photo job? Bring my trusty camera phone with me...You'll probably never hear from me again after the groom gets through with me LOL!