• ineke

• Squiggle

• Garnelchen

Top Posters In This Topic

Great read Mark! :)

"the wise people from the electronic scrolls"... LOL

Cheers mate, hope you all liked reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it :p

heres some photos from today.

Heres the results of my DSM experiment.. :p I think I toasted the HC...

1370052127553.jpg

Nice crisp white CBS

1370052066551.jpg

Low quality cherry thats decided to get zebra stripes.

1370052059240.jpg

Hmm I thought all my Rili's were accounted for. Probably is.

Great story , wish I had your gift.

It's not much of a gift :p I can write the odd shoddy story here and there, I'd rather be able to fly or something more exciting.

Got 4 endlers today and put them in the tank, such funny little creatures!

I'm still on the hunt for a background plant that I like, preferably something bush that will provide coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

So, 2 of the endlers didn't make it. They kicked the bucket on day 2 and 4. Went back to the store this wekeend to grab some replacements and they had 3 left in the tank (last week there was probably 40). So either they sold alot of endlers this week or they had a batch die off. Next week I'll try my luck endler hunting elsewhere i think.

The tank is looking like this at the moment, my HC is going gangbusters. Trimmed it just before this photo.

1370663191472.jpg

This thing is growing quite nicely. Bottom leaves tend to brown and die off frequently though. I try and snip them but laziness gets the better of me.

1370662890036.jpg

No idea what this is or where its come from. Its shot off a runner and has a sibling now just underneath it.

1370662898717.jpg

Bit of christmas moss I grabbed to grow out, going to add this to the crevices on the rocks when it grows. You can also see the stupid lilaeopsis in the background.. sending runners into the dark. I thought plants grew towards light =/

1370662902882.jpg

Those that read the epic story at the beginning should remember my GH problems, basically my TDS ends up buffering in excess of 200.

Over the last 3 weeks I've monitored my weekly water changes. I do a water change of approximately 10L and that brings my TDS down to between 170 and 180. By the time the next weekend rolls around its back to 200. So provided I keep ontop of it, the numbers should be ok.

The shrimp seem completely happy though, so thats good.

I'M AFRAID THERE'S BEEN A CHANGE OF PLANTS MR BOND!

specifically these plants. Got some Rotala Sp. "green" and some other Rotala purple variety Plus some Corkscrew Val.

Im glad to be rid of the hairgrass, this looks alot neater :)

1371033545731.jpg1371113698758.jpg

Heres the hairgrass from before. Doesn't look so bad in this photo but believe me... It was messy and everywhere... And snail ridden... god damn snails.

1370663204352.jpg

Has 7D SLR on desk... uses iphone.

Gotta read up on how to trim & propogate Rotala. Im a plant noob

Everyone loves gratuitous pictures! Busted out the SLR and sat infront of the tank for a while :)

9033731124_1aa9016c55_b.jpg

old endlers

9033714172_4936d73f03_b.jpg

squiggle endlers

9033689156_c0a2c26ef3_b.jpg

This guy has some blue in him!

9033664890_e90d8a96f4_b.jpg

SADDLES

9031429397_48dc3368bc_b.jpg

THIS GUY!

9031444701_6099c700de_b.jpg

Nice pics. Really love your aqua scaping! :encouragement:

Where did you get those rocks?

These ones came from aquaristic in Alexandria Sydney. :)

Love Aquaristic! Billy and Victor are great! Also check their new tank using the same rocks, looks great!

Yeah thats what made me go for a rock tank..

Though now I want the tank to the left, the mangrove/jungle looking one!

Never had a bad experience at that place, always get good plants - yet to try their fish/shrimp but I'm sure they are excellent too!