SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 28 March 2021

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

#########################
Enjoy SKF? Become a Platinum Member today!

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/store/category/3-member-subscriptions/

Enjoy Platinum Member benefits!

Thank you!
#########################

Popular Posts

Little fish import.
Sonnycbr
I've added a couple of new plants to my Red Cherry set up recently and have just seen a little fish swimming about the bottom of the tank. It's only about 6mm long, spotted head and what looks like…
1 comments

A Little Competition ( Australia Only)
wayne6442
This picture shows pictures of 15 different fish that are claimed to be Endlers, in-fact only five are true endlers the rest are hybrids, I will give a pair of true 'P'class Blue Star Endlers  …
38 comments

My female aborted her eggs!
Kelly
I literally watch my female shrimp drop all her eggs..... and I’m unsure why she did this help!
25 comments

Eliminating Copepods in Shrimp Tank
piste
I wanted to share this experience in the hopes it is helpful to others.  I have a 5 gal tank that I have had for a while...with Painted Fire RCS.  It was neglected (long story) and got down to one …
2 comments

Has anyone seen this blue on black Bee variant?
Dsetz
I recently acquired a diverse colony of bees: red and black pintos, golden's, a blue morph. They are throwing some blacks with very dark blue lines. Is this a standardized variant anyone's seen?  …
8 comments

Are my Red Rilli shrimp infected?
Lucy
Hi!  im having trouble figuring out if my new red Rilli shrimp are healthy or not. I have two shrimp with abnormalities and I want to make sure they aren’t parasites or infections that are causing…
7 comments

Two tanks.
Sonnycbr
Hi, I've been keeping red cherry shrimp only since last October and had some success in my Nano Cube. I started off with ten shrimp and now have around a hundred. I got so many that I decided to ge…
3 comments

Shrimp Diseases and Diagnosis
jayc
With the wealth of knowledge from experienced keepers here in SKF, we should have a repository of Shrimp Diseases where people can come to diagnose and hopefully find a cure to their shrimp's ailment…
157 comments

Frans Vermeulen video
sdlTBfanUK
A great half hour video if you are a killie fish enthusiast! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA8sUkC-ReA Simon
1 comments

Dying shrimps
abepaniagua
Hey guys, it's been a few months now that I've had a shrimp tank with Caridinas and neos. The blue neos have bred and molted, as well as the Caridinas. I've had random and sporadic deaths since I f…
78 comments

Latest Forum Posts

Little fish import.
Sonnycbr
I've added a couple of new plants to my Red Cherry set up recently and have just seen a little fish swimming about the bottom of the tank. It's only about 6mm long, spotted head and what looks like…
1 comments

Eliminating Copepods in Shrimp Tank
piste
I wanted to share this experience in the hopes it is helpful to others.  I have a 5 gal tank that I have had for a while...with Painted Fire RCS.  It was neglected (long story) and got down to one …
2 comments

Has anyone seen this blue on black Bee variant?
Dsetz
I recently acquired a diverse colony of bees: red and black pintos, golden's, a blue morph. They are throwing some blacks with very dark blue lines. Is this a standardized variant anyone's seen?  …
8 comments

Are my Red Rilli shrimp infected?
Lucy
Hi!  im having trouble figuring out if my new red Rilli shrimp are healthy or not. I have two shrimp with abnormalities and I want to make sure they aren’t parasites or infections that are causing…
7 comments

Two tanks.
Sonnycbr
Hi, I've been keeping red cherry shrimp only since last October and had some success in my Nano Cube. I started off with ten shrimp and now have around a hundred. I got so many that I decided to ge…
3 comments

Frans Vermeulen video
sdlTBfanUK
A great half hour video if you are a killie fish enthusiast! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA8sUkC-ReA Simon
1 comments

Substrates These Days
piste
Curious what folks are finding commercially available for good substrates for a neocaridina tanks.  I need to set up a new tank...and in the past had used SL-Aqua....but am struggling with keeping …
2 comments

Female losing eggs
Cosmo
So I have a female that has berried twice and lost eggs both times. Suggestions?  
6 comments

Cull from a red rili line
Kelly
Ok I bought a cull from a guy that breeds red rili. I didn’t want to buy top quality shrimp yet because I’m new to shrimp hobby and bound to and have (bought a internal filter tank my 1st mistake) …
10 comments

Emerald algae on my hornwort, bad?
E Blue
Is this bright emerald stuff bad?
7 comments

Feeding baby Crystal Red Shrimp
herrwibi
Hi all, Finally got my first crystal red babies and i'm just wondering what is the best way to feed them? I see them grazing on the subwassertang and the sponge filter but want to give them the…
3 comments

Starting a red rili from a cull
Kelly
Well I’m a new shrimp keeper. I now have 40 shrimp from a red rili cull a breeder was selling. What I’m hoping to do is let them spawn in my 8 gallon and pull out the worse to go down to my communi…
4 comments

Filter slits dilemma
Kelly
Ok I have a 8 gallon tank I want to use as a breeding tank.... the issue is it has a built in filter and the slits are big enough for shrimp to slip through.... infact some did. The filter is off b…
20 comments

Blue Velvet Shrimp
Crystal Jade
So I lost 3 shrimp today - two out of my 8 Blue Velvet Shrimp and my one Blue Dream. I don't know why or what the cause was although my guesses involve either overfeeding or possibly water shock fr…
7 comments

Apistogrammoides in Australia?
Crabby
Okay so this is a super random thread, but I was listening to an aquarium podcast today as I was moving my aquariums to my new house (spoiler alert: it went great!!!!) and I heard something about a…
7 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters