My Shrimp (YCS and Golden Bee)

s1l3nt

As promised I have a couple of photos of my shrimp to post :) I have had the Yellow Cherry Shrimp for about a week or so now, and have two berried females which is awesome. I picked up the snow white / golden bees on Wednesday, so they have not quite settled in yet but are still showing solid colour which I am happy about :) There is a few that are mostly white, but there is also a few that have a good bit of gold in them so they are a mixed bunch. But the colour is solid and most have white legs, and a couple have a hint of blue on their faces so I have solid hopes for breeding these guys more and more to get some nice white shrimp in the future :) 

My YCS range from juvies to adults and I have a total of 12. The golden bees/snow whites are all juvies at approx 10mm in length and I have a total of 16. So can't wait for these guys to grow up :)

Here are a couple of photos (No full YCS shot just yet :( ):
DSC_0025-L.jpg

DSC_0034-L.jpg

DSC_0039-L.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed the shots :)

• Like 3

Thanks mate :) 

Nikon D5100 with Tamron 90mm Macro Lens - Flash is a Nikon SB600. Can share exif info if you like :) (you can also view it by clicking the info button on my site).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Back with a few more photos of my shrimp :) I managed to get myself 6 chameleon shrimp for a friend of mine and they are very interesting... Lots of different colour morphs. So far have seen stripped one (in photo), maroon with light coloured line down back (in photo), red spotted one (in photo), a dark blue type, and a mostly clear colour type. They seem to change fairly often too, except the biggest which I think is a female. She has stayed maroon with the line since day 1.

Golden Bee / Snow White:
Golden_Bee_2-L.jpg

Golden_Bee_3-L.jpg

Chameleon Shrimp:Chameleon_Shrimp_1-L.jpg

Chameleon_Shrimp_3-L.jpg

Chameleon_Shrimp_2-L.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the photos :) 

• Like 1

They are some of the best shrimp photos I have seen. The clarity and color is amazing. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you both very much :) Glad you enjoyed them. I will try to keep them coming as I go. 2 of my YCS have dropped shrimplets (I have seen 3-4 so far) but have no shots of them yet. So hopefully if I manage to see them again and assuming they are in a good spot I will try to get a photo of them.

• Like 1

Great shrimp and photos. Thanks for sharing man.

• 6 months later...
On 17-7-2015 at 3:48 PM, s1l3nt said:

Thanks mate :) 

Nikon D5100 with Tamron 90mm Macro Lens - Flash is a Nikon SB600. Can share exif info if you like :) (you can also view it by clicking the info button on my site).

Great pictures, I sure will look at your site.

How do you use the flash? on camera?

Edited by hihat
  • Like 1