YES we are hooked on shrimp now... Lol

Eshrimp

I really like what you guys have done with this tank and that's one way of doing it.

But I liked the tank before you added ground cover, it reminded me of a desert scene and looked really cool, Where does one get Woomera rock?

Keep up the great work.

Holy crap dude, that's a butt load of cool looking shrimp, awesome work! :victorious:

wow!! what a massive population increase!! the scape looks awesome. what happened to all that HC? still tho awesome tank n set up! u guys must be stoked!!

hows that soil keeping up.. never heard much about it?

Thanks guys... The HC has been moved to another tank that I will post in here one of these days. We decided to due so because in all honesty the shrimp look nicer on the dark substrate plus we were always scared of trimming the HC and killing shrimplets. The other thing we have done is changing the lighting to a maxpec razor that I was lucky enough to get for a song from a reeling buddy of mine. When you see this display tank please remember I do not breed to sell, their for I have a mix of diff grades in the one display tank. We just love the look of heaps of shrimp and never sell any of them, but we due try and only add high grades to keep a good average overall grade examples in there. The woomera rock seems to be a winner when it comes to keeping these little guys, they absolutely love it and I have yet to see any adverse impact on my water quality. LFS stocks it here in Adelaide.

Omg Emmanuel I gotta drop by one day to see this!!!! I keep saying but I gotta make time!!!

That's a huge colony of shrimps. Must make you smile every time you see them ! Very cool.

Guys none of this could have happened without your help and generosity...Daniel call me mate CALL ME and come over....Marcus, i love your comment mate, if you think we smile I can only imagine what it must be like to walk by your tanks, I would probably cry in aaaah of all your beauties and hard work.... Daniel CALL ME to organize the tank visit.

Ok, for several months I have been trying to work out what I want my next tank project to look like. I have been reading this forum and looking at all your fantastic work, but this has truelly inspired me, thanks Eshrimp I am really looking forward to starting my next tank with yours in mind. "Probably kill the bank balance and my marriage, but what the hell".

• 1 month later...

All I can say WOW, congratulations on achieving this outcome, definitely one the best colonys ive ever seen. Kudos to you.

Cheers mick

+1 This is amazing. So many happy shrimp and such a great scape. Loving the Peacock Moss Tree (giving me some ideas now). Great work Eshrimp, enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update... After my heartbreaking episode of BAD spinach our colony suffered HUGE loses but it's now on the mend. Have a look....

OH and for those of you who have seen the evolution of this tank and have asked about the HC, here is what we wound up doing with it after it got pulled out go the shrimp tank....hope you like it.

E8B29298-B335-49DD-A010-C52AB239AB77-15586-00000297B3C8A6DA.jpg

Needs a bit of a trim :/

D0F845C5-4FB2-44DA-90F5-E9E3DEC984B1-15586-00000296D6ACB132.jpgB7B3846C-AF2E-40B5-98A3-44F10FB68084-15586-000002972E50C991.jpg

And our first go at an Amano style tank (also needs a trim)

A746A059-73B9-437C-9148-2FA1C4B297C4-15586-00000296A2AE6F2B.jpg

I'm jealous of the first tank, great stuff mate. Great to see you getting back on your feet.

• HOF Member

Glad to see your colony has recovered so well. Love the look of both the tanks:encouragement:

my my, that is one healthy looking mini pellia!!! great to see your back on track, very happy for you bro

Great development of this tank, inspiring stuff. Love what you've done with the HC, works really well as islands. Your Amano tank is also very impressive too. Keep up the great work and please keep posting updates. Cheers

Awesome work dude, love the inventive use of the HC, looks awesome! :victorious: Both tanks are very well scaped, keep up the great work :encouragement:

Very nice, those fissidens are growing very well too! love the look of them.

• 6 months later...

That wood was in my Ellioti grow out tank and it had gotten covered in algea so i put it in with these guys and in a matter of minutes they had cleaned it. Lol they loooove it when i give them new flavours.