YES we are hooked on shrimp now... Lol

Eshrimp

very nice emanuel and faby! you must have broke your back planting those HC so close together, good job! can't wait to see updates :)

Looks very nice! Feel like im on holidays looking at the scape haha!

Hi Eshrimp

Very nice set up and aquascaping. Has the tank got a sump or are the bulkheads designed to be plumbed to a cannister. If your running a gravity fed sump make sure its of suitable size to accomodate a power out and if your running through a cannister be sure all fittings are A1. You could possibly set up a non return valve as well. Look forward to seeing the progress.

Hello tropo, thank you for your comment. This is Fluval Studio 900 tank, it is factory drilled to use a canister filter which is what I'm running with (closed loop system = no danger of overflow during power outage). You are correct about sumps my two marine tanks use refugium sumps but I would never use sump in any of my planted tanks because of the crazy amounts of co2 that would be blown off while the water runs the circuit.

Ok so we added a set of RGB led's on the back of the tank to create an effect of a background light box. I mounted the strip of Led's on an aluminium pole so that it can create a heat sink effect and help in keeping the led's nice and cool. Have look and tell us what you think...

0F85BB46-BF82-40F9-B1D7-6A0DB27D374F-7979-000002393EAF0403.jpgB8F483E6-3D49-4034-BA34-A31306ADB476-7979-00000239476E9BD4.jpg3FE99F35-7CBE-41AA-968F-F6ADF9545559-7979-000002394F05A00C.jpg

• 1 month later...

yeah loving the led's great look and awsome set up you have got there, ah berried shrimp nothing makes me happier. no wonder i never sleep too busy day dreaming about shrimp. would love an update pic of how your plants are going

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys... Yep peacock moss and some bothersome java that slowly is getting culled, the hc is a bit of hit and miss since I've been a bit worried about temp and only having lights on for short periods at a time.

Really great aquascaping. Actually like the way the HC is growing....has a natural feel to it. Good work.

Wow dude, that's some ready cool gear you've got there. That LED setup is a fantastic idea, well done & your shrimp look amazing, you must be doing something right to have so many berried girls, keep up the great work :encouragement:

image-74_zpsbfcae99b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! That moss looks fantastic, may need to look at some myself for a new tank or three.

Looks amazing! Good job on the moss. I like the look of the scape

• 1 month later...

Time for a quick update on the population of this tank. When we started with this tank about 7months ago our goal was always to have a heavily populated tank (wife loves the look of hundreds of shrimp in the tank) with a mix of grades. So after all these months and advice from some of this forums AWSOME members we have pretty much achieved our goal, have a look. (Happy wife happy life)

8D240B1B-2F15-49E0-9421-10B5F34ADBE5-13782-00000287C35CBD07.jpg13B3E1F5-DD4B-46A0-830A-C8F03AF251FA-13782-00000287BC8C869D.jpgD8003946-BA56-47C4-A62B-6E22AD42EBBB-13782-00000287B5D5F25C.jpg9E7B7AF8-2F07-45AF-A6CA-D64B0D7EB123-13782-00000287AE6359A9.jpg513913CA-7FA0-4688-9091-BB0138331738-13782-0000028796A16279.jpg

• Like 1

• HOF Member

Wow now that's a colony and they look good too.:encouragement: