Japanese Red Bee Shrimp Photographs

Shrimpy Daddy

The interesting part is that the highest grade version of one of most expensive Red Bee sold in Japan, named "Mugen" shrimp, is nether saber-tooth nor Mosura. This has red colour around whole head and the body has a squarish saber-tooth pattern. It is priced at USD1,200 each.

Not sure did ShrimpFan saw that at Lowkeys or Aqua Tailor.

The interesting part is that the highest grade version of one of most expensive Red Bee sold in Japan, named "Mugen" shrimp, is nether saber-tooth nor Mosura. This has red colour around whole head and the body has a squarish saber-tooth pattern. It is priced at USD1,200 each.

Not sure did ShrimpFan saw that at Lowkeys or Aqua Tailor.

Any link where I can find more pictures about these? I've searched for Asian pictures of top shrimp or shrimp contest, but can't find much. Maybe because of the language? Hope you can point me in some direction Shrimp Daddy?

Following this topic because I want to see more JRB.

PRL's are the main reason I am getting a new tank. I just hope I am find decent ones in Australia. The ones you have shown are Amazing and i would be afraid to find out how much someone would selling a pair for here haha.

Following this topic because I want to see more JRB.

PRL's are the main reason I am getting a new tank. I just hope I am find decent ones in Australia. The ones you have shown are Amazing and i would be afraid to find out how much someone would selling a pair for here haha.

Not just AU, it is not easy to find outside Japan too. LOL!!! Most of the shops or the sellers bought them and refuse to sell. Even if they are willing to sell, they only bring it in for their "special guest". Pretty annoying in some way too.  :startle:

ShrimpFan bought some JRB and JBB just few days back in Japan. Maybe he will share his photo here. I don't mind him hijacking my thread. :D

• Like 1

Wow, that's an awesome camera setup. Hope to see you posting more about configuration and techniques in our photography section *hint* *hint*  :D

Hope to see you posting more about configuration and techniques in our photography section *hint* *hint*  :D

OK. ;)

Not sure posting external link will violate the forum rule. I will PM you instead. ^^

An external link is okay, so long as it is not linking to another forum, or to a website selling a product our sponsors carry.

I think it would be amazing to see what you classify as the most expensive shrimp available in Japan!!

Your threads are inspirational and it is great to see strains, patterns and qualities we don't see here.

I don't think @NoGi would mind?? Sure he'll let us know if he does!! :innocent:

Aussie members realise we cannot purchase shrimp/livestock from overseas.

Edited by newbreed

Merry Christmas to everyone and their love ones!!! 

Posting a picture of my berried JRB as a Christmas Card. ^^

DSCF5892-FIXED.jpg

• Like 4

Wow so nice. I got to stop looking at these it just makes my crs look sad.. haha

Wow so nice. I got to stop looking at these it just makes my crs look sad.. haha

Treat it just like a Supermodel or Supercar bedroom poster, then you will not feel sad. LOL!!! ;)

Treat it just like a Supermodel or Supercar bedroom poster, then you will not feel sad. LOL!!! ;)

Lol very true. Drive a honda but looking at a Ferrari poster!

Lol, I tried that & it just made me want another car & gir..... um, actually my girlfriend is perfect! :thumbsu:

Lol, I tried that & it just made me want another car & gir..... um, actually my girlfriend is perfect! :thumbsu:

Giraffes, Giros, Girdles plently of options that start with Gir...

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for the post. The camera / flash setup is very interesting.

looking forward seeing more great pics here

JustBee PRL Shrimps

Thanks. You have great shrimps and pictures too. ;)

I just read your website and realised that your PRL are originated from the Japanese Red Bee and you have been trying to perfect gene. Great stuffs!!! :D

Thanks. You have great shrimps and pictures too. ;)

I just read your website and realised that your PRL are originated from the Japanese Red Bee and you have been trying to perfect gene. Great stuffs!!! :D

Thanks.

I started guess 3 years ago. It was hard to find Japanese Redbees, but I could get some. The beginning was hard - as a or everyone of us I guess;-)

I remember it like yesterday.... Meanwhile I have round about 10 tanks with multiple small colonies. It s part of my breeding strategy and i prefer multiple single tanks

as kind of "risc management" - If there should be a problem, then it is in an isolated tank and would not destroy the work of years of selective breeding.

I would love to go for a trip to japan and see the big brand names we know here in europe (and don t realy now if they are realy big brands in japan too --- or its just "marketing")

and to see private shrimpkeepers and Japanese PRLs.

Do you know the name/shrimps of the 2014 winner (RedBees) on the contest in Osaka. Guess The shrimp contest was part of the "Asia Pacific Shrimp Contest 2014"?

Best,

Mario