bozzy's 3 foot divided shrimp tank

bozzy

thaught id throw up some pics of my current shrimp tank.

the tank was one i bought cheap (ish) then divided and resealed. originally a bristlenose breeding tank. they have since changed tanks which freed it up as a selective breeding tank for my cherries (yellows one side and reds on the other)

i have a 4 foot tank which was a cull tank but i sold all the cull red cherries today and drained the tank ready for a bit of a rework (most probably split into 4 sections)

the 3 foot was a bit of a chuck together the other day using stuff from the 4 to get it going quick when i got my yellows

20140111_201937_zps01dd15cb.jpg

20140111_202111_zps1c985f83.jpg

and its current occupants

20140111_201957_zps46d206ce.jpg

20140111_202010_zps438497b3.jpg

20140111_202101_zpsfa69a88c.jpg

i appologise for the crappy camera phone pics. once the little guys grow a bit more ill get the slr out for some better pics

Thanks for the thread. Looks great, I'm sure your colony of cherries will explode. I use to love duckweed, but realise, not in shrimp tanks, as it gets caught up it the nets etc...and now it's full on eradication !

the colony of reds started with 20 low grade cherries. it was then more or less allowed to multiply freely untill i decided it would be nice to get another color as well and get some redder reds going. so out of the well over 100 reds i selected the best ones to breed from and swapped the rest for a few good yellows to add to my yellows.

now i need to find some additional good reds somewhere

i quite like the duckweed but do find it annoying when it gets stuck in the nets etc. the shrimp seem to love it though, they cling to the roots as it floats around the tank

I have to agree that duckweed is incredibly annoying! :dejection: Looks like you have a pretty good setup there, I can see the beginnings of MTS(multi tank syndrome) forming, be careful cause before you know it you'll have ten tanks. :beer:

unless i start putting tanks in the garage i cant see me physically getting more tanks. (theres currently 6 in the room now (7 if you count the fish tank sump as a tank) and a quarintine tank thats sitting empty on the verandah) so 10 tanks wouldnt be far off anyway :encouragement:

that being said i just did a bit of a move around and have just finnished (waiting for silicone on divider to dry now) dividing my 620t tank which is going to be my main cherry tank once its back up and running.

this tank (the divided 3 foot) is going back to being the bristlenose/fry tank. the 4 foot tank will likely get divided into a 4 segment shrimp tank.

i decided a nicer tank was in order for the shrimp so i divided the 620t and got some different moss.

left side is the yellows with peacockmoss and fissidens? (right at the back). the reds are on the right side with christmas moss. im looking forward to seeing how it grows

20140114_202400_zpse6a9410d.jpg

having a look at the yellows this afternoon to make sure they were setteling in well and discovered one of the females is berried :yikes:

20140120_180752_zps998340c8.jpg

WAHOO!! Gotta love finding berried girls, very cool dude! Definitely time for a happy dance! :happydance:

WAHOO!! Gotta love finding berried girls' date=' very cool dude! Definitely time for a happy dance! :happydance:[/quote']

checked on them just before. i now have 4 berried females. time for super happy dance :happydance::happydance:

Maybe if you are line breeding you could have a Line Dance!!!!!!!!! could be fun then we could all join in.

well it finally happened. the wife said it was time to reduce the ammount of tanks we have so i decided to move some of the fish around, divide the 4 foot tank into 3 sections.

the 2 foot cube houses all my fish and the 3 foot tank now has my breeding bristlenoses in it (which in all likleyhood will eventually become another shrimp tank)

20140127_140618_zps5fb2d14c.jpg

it sux but ill be able to sneak a couple of small tanks onto/under the stands that i already have later on.

if i could figure out how to insulate the tanks i could put a rack in the garage but its tin walls and no insulation so not likely going to happen

anyway onto the pics. centre section has nothing but substrate and moss in there. the water is cloudy as i just threw water in there with no real reguard for keeping everything pretty. i still need to figure out what is going to reside in there.

feeding ditch looks like its going to work quite well

20140127_201338_zps7ea95b2a.jpg

20140127_201344_zps838cfbd5.jpg

20140127_201348_zps9d68f36e.jpg

20140127_205450_zpsd0b2a4d5.jpg

20140127_205638_zps5c595542.jpg

20140127_205646_zpsdf318da3.jpg

20140127_205732_zps3a0a4589.jpg

20140127_212430_zps29709334.jpg