COMP :: Halloween SKF Fundraiser!

Masta

Cool...I always have to be the bad guy and ask the difficult questions but you know it is for the good of the forum and the person who sets up the comps....No dramas = no stress

The difference is that you question them with good intentions/concern, and not from a negative angle.....so you're role as a "Bad Cop" is extremely valuable :encouragement:. The rest of us will just play the "Good Cop". LOL

If I contribute to the donation (i.e. bluebolts ....etc), can I also buy tickets....be cool winning my BB, squigs panda, HO filter ....bhahahahaha

Yes You are still able to buy Marcus, Maximum tickets is 20 per person. However if you donate, maximum will be 22, since you get 2 extra free from donating :) Let me know how many you want Marcus :)

Hahaha, what makes you think you're going to win BB, I might add another one of your BB's to my collection, mwuahahahahaha :victorious:

Yes You are still able to buy Marcus' date=' Maximum tickets is 20 per person. However if you donate, maximum will be 22, since you get 2 extra free from donating :) Let me know how many you want Marcus :)[/quote']

Put me down for 10, I'll have to sort it out after the weekend though :encouragement:

Put me down for 10' date=' I'll have to sort it out after the weekend though :encouragement:[/quote']

Sure, What do you need to sort out? :)

Wow will you look at the pot, in less than 24 hours look how big it is right now. Good job guys :)

Here is the list as also on the first page,

But to keep you updated:

1x Aqua One 100 Hang on Filter

1x Copper Test Kit

5x Bee balls

2x NAG aqua plant pots

At least 6x Dark Chocolate Cherries

1x King Kong Panda

1x Blue Bolt

10x Sunkist Cherry

10x Golden/Snow Whites

Thankyou to everyone who donated, hopefully more to come :)

Dean have to write all the ticket down with name or number then pick it, it take so much time for him to do this.

Instead of that, he can choose number randomly from "random number generator". It mean that he put number between X and XX example 1 and 100 (or can base on how many ticket has been sold) then just press get number . Then he just announce the winning number. Who ever have that number is win. If you guy want more clearly, he can take the screenshot of the web page.

http://www.randomnumbergenerator.com/ is an example, or http://www.randomizer.org/form.htm for more option.

For us, we choose number base on how many ticket we buy such as Squiggle buy 10 ticket, he can choose 10 number between 1 and 100.

I dont know this is a good idea or not. if it's not good, just leave it on a side ;)

I think that choosing numbers will be really difficult and hard to control, There will be numbers flying everywhere if you know what I mean.

I will send Dean a document of the list of tickets

As well, I will dean tickets on a template I can use via word, to make a table and jot down names.

So all Dean needs to do is to cut out the tickets, pace them into a bag, and POOF! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner :)

I can donate a rare moss pack. Will include star moss, Sydney fissiden, us fissiden, 1 stem tornado, mini java fern, weeping moss.

Ooohhhh pot's looking amazing..... Those not contributing, PLEASE do buy tickets ! :encouragement:

Ooohhhh pot's looking amazing..... Those not contributing' date=' PLEASE do buy tickets ! :encouragement:[/quote']

Just transferred my money for my tickets, as much as I would be STOKED to win, I think I may feel kinda bad if I do seeing as I am so new to the forum.

Thanks BlueBolts, Hey what kind of shrimp is the one in the middle of your signature? the black and white one. - Sorry to get off topic happy to move it elsewhere if needed.

• HOF Member

This forum community is awesome , lets hope we can make a good donation to the forum, we have lots of lovely prizes so we need to sell lots of tickets. Maybe we could have a special prize like a door prize for the person who buys the most tickets???.

The door prize sounds awesome! However I have capped the tickets to 20 per person? I fear that if one buys a whole tonne of tickets, the rest will be disadvantaged. What do you think Ineke, should I remove the Cap, or higher cap, or keep the cap on tickets the same?

I reckon remove the cap, but limit each person to only win 1 prize or 2 or..... It is a fundraiser after all.

First of all thankyou Mastaa for arranging this comp!:D

I reckon remove the cap, but limit each person to only win 1 prize or 2 or..... It is a fundraiser after all.
In relation with BB's suggestion, if this works how about dividing the prizes into packs which will then be ' grand prize' , first prize, second prize? just my opinion!;)

Sure' date=' What do you need to sort out? :)[/quote']

Getting the cash to you for the ten tickets :victorious:

Also, my donation is just a panda, not a King Kong :encouragement:

• HOF Member

+1 what BB said. Yes I think remove the cap, pick a great prize for the person buying the most tickets and limit how many prizes a person can win. Not sure if it would be OK to say what the highest number sold so far but if no name is mentioned perhaps you could just say once a day what the winning amount is? It would add a bit of extra interest and in reality it is the luck of the draw so no harm done as you really only need buy 1 ticket and you could still be a winner.

Sounds good Ineke, There will also be a pack made for the highest number of tickets sold!

As of now, The highest number of Tickets sold is: 20

I will also keep track for people on the first page on OP

Getting the cash to you for the ten tickets :victorious:

Also' date=' my donation is just a panda, not a King Kong :encouragement:[/quote']

I thought you said it will be a Panda and a KK?

Will be getting my tickets FOR SURE!