COMP :: Halloween SKF Fundraiser!

Masta

Hello Guys, I will be starting a SKF fundraiser so we can contribute a little money to the forum as a whole.

The fundraiser will consist of raffle which will be drawn at a later date.

Ticket Price: $5 per ticket

Draw Date: 31st October! Halloween

Donators will get 2 free tickets! And are also obviously allowed to buy more :) CAP HAS NOW BEEN REMOVED! UNLIMITED TICKETS! However, you can only win 1 prize! :)

There will be a separate pack made for the person who buys highest amount of tickets

Right now the highest tickets sold: 53 This will be updated everytime highest amount is changed

The person who buys highest ticket also has the chance of winning one of the prizes excluding the Door prize which he/her gets as a result of having most tickets. Eg, He/She Automatically gets the door prize for highest tickets, But goes into the draw to win another pack!

To buy tickets PM with amount of tickets and I will give you details to my account to pay.

The Draw:All tickets sold will be passed onto Dean to be fairly drawn :)

The Deadline for donations is Thursday 24th October! And packs will be made from then on!

Right now can we just place items into the pot so we have an idea. Just if you have a little to contribute that would be heaps great! I will update this OP as we get more items into the winner's prize pool.

Money can be paid to my account where I will keep all funds separate and will be sent as a contribution ON BEHALF on the whole forum.

For Donators: I will be happy to cover some postage costs for your item to be posted to the winner.

Feel free to ask questions about this, I hope I have made this clear for all. Also I will not be participating just as an act of fairness!

Here is the current prizes:

Donated by James (masta)

Brand New Aqua One 100 Hang on Filter

Brand new Copper Test Kit

5 Crimson Bee Balls

Donated by Newbreed

2x NAG Aqua Glass Plant Pots

Donated by Squiggle

1x PURE TB KING KONG PANDA!

Donated by Ineke

10+ Dark Chocolate Cherries (Black and Blue Genes)

Donated by BlueBolts

1x PURE TB BlueBolt

10x Sunkist Cherry Shrimp

10x Golden Bee/Snow White Shrimp

Donated by MrShrimp

1x RARE Plant Pack

Includes:

- Star moss,

- Sydney fissiden

- US fissiden,

- 1 stem tornado

- Mini java fern

- Weeping moss

Donated by Fishmosy

6x Zebra Shrimp

12x Rifle Shrimp

Donated by CNgo2006

2 x TiBee (OEBTxMischling)

Donated by bigkev93

1x Aquascaping set

- Straight Tweezer Length: About 27cm (10.6inch)

- Curved Tweezer Length: About 27cm (10.6inch)

- Curved Scissor: About 25.5cm (10.0inch)

Donated by Northboy

20x Zebra Shrimp

1x Native Moss pack (Small Pelia, Mini Bolbitus, Others unknown

Some Neritina Snails

HERE IS THE PRIZE LIST

Door Prize ( Person who buys Most Tickets )

1x BlueBolt

2 Tibee(TbxMish)

2x Nag Glass Pots

1st Place

1x TB Panda

10x Golden Bees

5x Crimson bell balls

Aqua Scaping Set

Rare plant pack

2nd Place

20x Zebra Shrimp - Donated by Bob

10x Chocolate Shrimps

Native Moss pack (small Pelia, hand size clump of Mini Bolbitis, and others unknown name) Donated by Bob!

Neritina Snails

3rd Place

Aqua One Hang on Filter

10x Sunkist Cherries

12x Rifle Shrimp

6x Zebra Shrimp

Cheers,

Thankyou to all donations :)

This is purely to raise funds for the community on SKF!

Cheers everyone!

• Like 1

Great idea Masta, I'll definitely donate some items/shrimps...will takes pics and look into my treasure chest :-)

Awesome idea dude, I'm sure I have something in my box of tricks I can add to the pot, hmmmmmmm what can I find :encouragement: Will let you know soon :victorious:

I'll donate some native shrimp. 6 zebras from my breeding colony and 12 riffle shrimp.

692E3678-DA87-4C13-AF10-AA669A6FF8CE-8765-00000C1BD9866B39_zpsad0c359e.jpg

Pic of riffles to come.

I'll donate 2x NAG Glass Plant Pots as one prize!!

Hope this is okay! Will try and post pic later!

Screw it' date=' I'll throw in a Panda! 100% TB :victorious:[/quote']

Woohoo!! Let's raise some funds people!! Way to go Squiggs!

• HOF Member

I will donate at least 6 dark chocolate shrimp from my breeding group of Chocolates with Black and Blue genes I will post the actual shrimp pictures over the weekend when I pick out some nice ones. I too have had heaps of help from this forum so happy to join in.

<a href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/ineke24/2013-10-18150716_zps4198c837.jpg' alt='2013-10-18150716_zps4198c837.jpg'>

Query:

Is this going to be one big prize, every item on its own, or multiple prize packs?

Sounds like a plan, not sure how many people would have enough room for three types of shrimp, maybe 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc, depending on how many types of shrimp. ie. Caridina, Neocaridina etc.

I'll try & get some pics later in the weekend, just a bit busy with the betta show at the moment :victorious:

Valid point squiggle. I shall separate them as soon as all donations are in. So shall be good, I have already got a few tickets already! Come on Guys, Buy them tickets :)

I think it might be a good idea for me to look after the panda & send it directly to the winner :encouragement:

Sorry if this sounds negative but I'm sure others are wondering the same but how will the ticket be drawn? I remember with Marcus's comp he sent the winning numbers to Dean first so there wouldn't be any hassles later with questions etc...

I remember this one time when major problems arose when a close "acquaintance" won the prize, the person who set it up received some negative remarks etc. as he was the sole person overlooking the comp, needless to say those type of comps ceased to run afterwards.

I am sure SKF won't have that problem but to save the dramas I think precautions and proper planning of these types of comps should be of priority. Please don't be offended by what I have said just stating one of life's truths.

Hi Chi, I have already asked dean, just waiting for confirmation, that's why I haven't wrote anything about it. I am going to send Dean the list with all the tickets people have purchased and from then he will draw it himself

And with that list, will be the total amount of money, since 1 ticket is $5, etc we can work out exactly how much money is paid. And from then it will be donated to the forum! Hope that is clear for everyone!

Hi Chi' date=' I have already asked dean, just waiting for confirmation, that's why I haven't wrote anything about it. I am going to send Dean the list with all the tickets people have purchased and from then he will draw it himself

And with that list, will be the total amount of money, since 1 ticket is $5, etc we can work out exactly how much money is paid. And from then it will be donated to the forum! Hope that is clear for everyone![/quote']

Cool...I always have to be the bad guy and ask the difficult questions but you know it is for the good of the forum and the person who sets up the comps....No dramas = no stress

Very valid point Chi, since with a raffle the winning numbers can't be given to anyone before the tickets have been sold or drawn, how about James sends all the tickets once sold to Dean & he draws the winners? Also James would keep the list of who has what ticket numbers, this way nobody has any chance of drawing a fabourable winner, any thoughts?

Very valid point Chi' date=' since with a raffle the winning numbers can't be given to anyone before the tickets have been sold or drawn, how about James sends all the tickets once sold to Dean & he draws the winners? Also James would keep the list of who has what ticket numbers, this way nobody has any chance of drawing a fabourable winner, any thoughts?[/quote']

That was my plan Squiggle :) I have already asked Dean if he would kindly take the honours of drawing the winners :)