Mischling x tiger outcomes

I've gotten some mischlings recently with a fairly low ratio of females to males in the group. one of them is saddled and has a nice crystal black tiger tooth pattern . I was going to let her cross with another of the mischlings, maybe a no entry male but then I got thinking about my tiger male and have separated her and him into a breeder box. What outcomes could I expect from this pairing? or should I just go back the mish x mish idea?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninja

• smicko

• CNgo2006

• KiwiBigD

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

really depends on the quality of the mishlings you got, and if they are actually mishlings or just someones crystals they are trying to get

a higher price for?

also depends on the generation of mishling? (F?)

really depends on the quality of the mishlings you got' date=' and if they are actually mishlings or just someones crystals they are trying to get

a higher price for?[/quote']

Got to agree with Dean, need to be careful who you've brought your 'mishlings' from. There are reliable breeders whom you can trust, and then there are the

others. I'd really hope we're not going to see people selling CRS/CBSs as mishlings but I won't be surprised when it happens as its so hard to prove.

The mish x mish feels like a step back to me. Don't you have a KK/Panda/RR/RW male you can put with her? Build those numbers? The Tiger x Mishling could

be a tonne of fun, but how are you for a separate tank for raising? Sorry, hate being practical but if you get something you like then you really want to

separate to develop further. I'm facing a similar dilemma myself from that perspective

Hi Foxpuppet, theoritically and generally, a ...

OEBT x Mishling

4B13202A-042B-4E45-9CA6-4C46B6E327DB-1762-0000025DEC835173.jpg

Tibee x Mishling

EDA8B159-0F22-474F-9A45-F1CEF953B24D-1256-0000024FA3DC816B.jpg

Tibee x Mishling

B2AB0293-BF37-4AD4-A1AC-5FD3E5D92BC9-1256-0000024FAD49A57C.jpg

Once you see a particular pattern/colour is you like, you can then try to isolate this be X them back, etc....

The above is just a snap shot of colour/patterns, and no doubt there are other variations. KiwiBigD is correct, once your start crossing tour Tiger, TB, Mishlings & Tibee etc ... you will really need more and more tanks !

Or it simply becomes a tank of colour, completely mixed and you never know whats going to come through. We did that on a mixed population

of Cherries a while back. That was interesting but resulted in 2 dominant groups with neither being what we were looking for LOL

really depends on the quality of the mishlings you got' date=' and if they are actually mishlings or just someones crystals they are trying to get

a higher price for?

also depends on the generation of mishling? (F?)[/quote']

I can guarantee that they a mischling as I got them from you n BB originally. before trading with Fox (Banjo). Unless you guys sold me crystals trying to pass them off as mischlings! LOL! if I remember correctly they are F3/4+

I'm thinking I should just stick to mish x mish for now and see what comes of that. With only one tank for now it will be hard to achieve much. Otherwise it's back to dividers for me ;)

This is the girl post-29-139909861693_thumb.jpg

post-23-139909850264_thumb.jpg

Got a spare 60x45x40cm tank if you want it mate. Bit rough and needs a clean but the offer is there ;-)

Mischling x tiger outcomes

Sorry its a terrible cropped iphone shot but yeah that's one of the big ones, I suppose its kind of clear like a rilli, but the white is still there, just really pale. If anyone is keen to swap a mischling female for a half dozen males I'm open to trades ;)

Sorry its a terrible cropped iphone shot but yeah that's one of the big ones' date=' I suppose its kind of clear like a rilli, but the white is still there, just really pale. If anyone is keen to swap a mischling female for a half dozen males I'm open to trades ;)[/quote']

Do you know what F number they are?

Do you know what F number they are?

Read through the thread Squiggle ya lazy B! LOL! They are F3/4

Would mish x mish dilute the tb genes?

Yes, it does, and theoritically defeats the purpose of mishlings.

F1 x F1 Mishlings doesn't produce F2's. TB x F1 mishlings = F2 Mishlings, TB x F2 Mishlings = F3

Yeah, the higher the F number, the higher the cross generation :victorious:

I recently had a Michling x Michling produce 2 black pandas and 2 red pandas. It was OMG when I saw them and you will just ave to believe me.

I recently had a Michling x Michling produce 2 black pandas and 2 red pandas. It was OMG when I saw them and you will just ave to believe me.

May have believed you if you stopped at 2 black pandas...Just have to believe you? What's that?

Wat... no photos...

Likely story :p

Seriously though ninja did u know what f generation they were...?

I think red pandas is called red wine.

Im sure ninja knows about red wines but she specifically said red pandas...hence LIAR LIAR pants on FIRE!

Im sure ninja knows about red wines but she specifically said red pandas...hence LIAR LIAR pants on FIRE!

I should of known, silly me.