Sharing My Tiger Journey....

BlueBolts

She is a beauty, congrats.

Incidentally what is considered a normal brood size for the tigers?

Absolutely stunning dude, every time I read this thread I'm gobsmacked by the amazing results you're getting BB, you are doing amazing things for the hobby & the community, well done dude :encouragement:

image-74_zpsa41c04dd.jpg

Thanks BB well Ill def be contacting you closer to the 8-10wk mark for a few!!!

She is a beauty' date=' congrats.

Incidentally what is considered a normal brood size for the tigers?[/quote']

Depending on maturity/age...I'd say 12-30 would be the norm ......

So it's basically the same as CRS/CBS, just harder to get a good survival rate I'm guessing.

She is lovely marcus! do you notice a saddle on the tigers?

Marcus musta missed this post Robert, it all depends on the colour of the Tiger! Blondes and light blue yes, dark blue, black no.

Marcus musta missed this post Robert' date=' it all depends on the colour of the Tiger! Blondes and light blue yes, dark blue, black no.[/quote']

Thanks ninja..... Robert, what ninja said....

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to cross a portion of my F2/F3 tibee's back to OEBT's....

73008A8D-A9D9-4C9B-B109-B893FD6E903B-19432-00001240CBCE166F.jpg34A0F1F8-FD98-4BB5-9D56-3F7876B282EE-19432-00001240C610942C.jpgAF6705FD-0B93-4294-BC84-A2C446C75FEB-19432-00001240C0F37663.jpgBD8F2372-B998-436E-90D5-A983C4909C01-19432-00001240D143B831.jpg

Next batch to be X with TB's....curious to see the results, as its unchartered waters for me.....

Still in desperate SEARCH for a black tiger to X with my potential Royal Blue...

E2F3F394-8A71-4982-8656-7A90914258D3-19432-00001240DB4E99A9.jpg

• HOF Member

That blue is so stunning great depth of colour totally amazing BB

cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

Stunning as usual BB, I hope you find a suitable black tiger & all those berried girls are amazing :encouragement:

image-74_zps7028877d.jpg

Ah crap

Generally OEBT are $250 ** and blondes are $150. More for guaranteed pairs ...
Really not sure whether I want to see this? My bank manager doesn't. Fortunately she's at work so I can 'review'and contemplate on a pair?

Really not sure whether I want to see this? My bank manager doesn't. Fortunately she's at work so I can 'review'

and contemplate on a pair?

OH Dear. Ive always thought the price of tigers was fairly low. Never understood how a Tibee which came from a $150/$250 shrimp was worth $50+ but a Mishling from a $300/$350 shrimp was only worth $15-$25.

OH Dear. Ive always thought the price of tigers was fairly low. Never understood how a Tibee which came from a $150/$250 shrimp was worth $50+ but a Mishling from a $300/$350 shrimp was only worth $15-$25.

I guess it is because there are a lot more mischlings available than tibee?

Okay, so who has Tibees available for that price? I'd be very keen to start a mixed tank, my kids absolutely love tigers! As do I

Theres an ad on petlink, a guy is selling them as tigers for $100ea but they are actually tibees (tiger x bee shrimp) so you should be able to get them down to $50ea. i would have bought all 9 he had except when i went to pick them up. i got to his suburb and he never replied with his address.

Really not sure whether I want to see this? My bank manager doesn't. Fortunately she's at work so I can 'review' and contemplate on a pair?
Just for you Davin ....:friendly_wink:1C22AFD6-C4F6-4887-B499-AF799899CD84-6102-000007BA613E04D0.jpg
That's a great point Robert, and eventually it'll balance itself out. Mishling's are REALLY cheap, as CNgo2006 rightly mentioned that there's a lot more mishlings out there. A female mishling sold for $25, and as 2-3 members have already experienced, producing 8-12 TB shrimplets, x say 3 berries in her productive life equates to approx. 30 x $300 = $9,000, plus the sale of the 30+ mishligns, plus being able to produce more TB's out of them with improved F generation equates to like 440 timees the $25 investment ! Imagine investing $25, and after 12 months, theoritically getting a return of $9,000+. So, mishlings are REALLY too cheap from a economics perspective. We have been spoilt !Tibee's too have arguably more potential ATM, due to ability of different patterns, i.e. PINTO's...etc so the potential of tibee's maybe see to have more value, on top of the low supply ATM. All about demand & supply. Tibee's are being sold for $150 ATM, I purchased 6 recently, as I didn't have the specific pattern/trait the other member has. Worth every $, as they have been included within my stock for pattern, added genetics...etc, and the potential of producing different patterns etc is multiplied .... BUT to each his own, so will see the valuem some won't, BUT at the end of the day, the good old demand and supply will sort it out.

Okay' date=' so who has Tibees available for that price? I'd be very keen to start a mixed tank, my kids absolutely love tigers! As do I[/quote']

Check out this weeks auction !

Just for you Davin ....:friendly_wink:/QUOTE]

Thanks mate ;-) The blues are my favourites, I have a single royal blue that I purchased a while back in a mixed tank at present

still growing up to size. Once the new tanks are sorted it'll go into there along with a small group of tigers that I have. Nothing

special as it were, mainly blondes and a couple of OEBTs but they're nice shrimp. I had another group a while back but took the

wrong advice and lost them unfortunately, lesson learned!

Can't wait for the new tanks ;-) Only a couple more weeks, hoping for next week but we'll see what pans out. And I'm watching

the auction. Not so much interested in Tibees as I'd prefer pure Tigers so I can produce my own Tibees down the line. A nice Red

Pinto though, I'd kill for! Its one cross I'll consider myself soon

KiwiBigD - My natural preference too is for purity/pedigrees, but the challenge of pinto's and some of the international variances out there is intriguing.... 90% of ALl my tanks are focused on pedigrees, and due to tank space and availability, ALL my tibees are in 1 tank, and I selectively breed the X's via a breeding box. Once the female is saddled, I'll choose a male I want to X, and usually within a week, she'll be saddled, and back they go in the main tank...so I do try to minimise them in the confine environment.

My next stage of Tibee X's...Tibee (OEBT x Mishling (CRS)) x with BB and Mishling (SW).

Male - OEBT x Mishling (CRS

C3D1A680-F3D2-4888-8D1D-6531C2022786-3277-0000032A700041FF.jpg

Females - BB and Mishling (SW)

B4974C28-9749-4F5B-8FC8-71C1C08B1ACD-25683-000019C1DD3A535A.jpg

These are some of the Tibee's I'm visualising when I X breed my Tigers... Please note, that these are not my pics.....

post-24-139909850494_thumb.jpgpost-24-139909850496_thumb.jpgpost-24-139909850497_thumb.jpgpost-163-139909850499_thumb.jpgpost-163-139909850502_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909849409_thumb.jpg

post-24-13990984941_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909849411_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909849412_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909849413_thumb.jpg

Marcus, dont the first and last shrimp both contain shadow genes. I swear all pintos must contain shadow gene.

Marcus' date=' don't the first and last shrimp both contain shadow genes. I swear all pintos must contain shadow gene.[/quote']

Really not sure, and I'll only be speculating. Issue with this hobby is that there's so much mis-information out there, that fiction appear to be facts, and facts become fiction.... hopefully with this thread & SKF, the information of X's breeding and it's variations will become more of a science then speculation.