Sharing My Tiger Journey....

BlueBolts

Like all new adventures, there were several surprises (good & bad), and lots to learn. Finally getting some results and success. My breeding program is getting some predictability, and consistency, so easier to selectively breed or work on theories etc...

Thought I'd share the results in pics of the variants coming out of the Tigers/X's ....

OEBT Juvi (Orange Eye Blue Tiger)

post-1377-13990984828_thumb.jpg

Berried BB x Tibee (OEBT x CBS Mischling)...Can't wait to see shrimplets colour/patterns !

post-1377-139909848285_thumb.jpg

OEBT x Mishling Juvi

post-32-139909859152_thumb.jpg

Tibee x Mishling Juvi

post-32-139909859157_thumb.jpgpost-32-139909859165_thumb.jpgpost-260-13990984829_thumb.jpg

Have got 3 berried OEBT x TB (KK, BB & WR) .....really keen to see the results there ! Will keep this thread posted ....

Most pics/info I see on the international scene share similar colour/patterns, so be great to expand on these pics as we progress along.....

post-24-13990985894_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909858946_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909858951_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909858956_thumb.jpg

post-24-13990985896_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909858965_thumb.jpg

post-24-13990985897_thumb.jpg

That OEBT x mischling juvie is fantastic. Looks like it has flecks of colour, reminds me of an opal. Love the tigers too.

Well Done BB, I so love to see the out come of planed and controlled breeding, it sure beats the lump them all together practice

Well done and keep up the good work.

So is the controller of every thing going to allow another set up?

Bob

Love to see controlled breeding makes it so much better for the hobby and quality of shrimps BIG thumbs up.

Great work Marcus ! Are you pairing male and female's up in breeder boxes ? Also what conditions are you keeping them in?

This inspires me to get working on my rack haha

So is the controller of every thing going to allow another set up?

There's a limit to everything, and I've surpassed my limit even before my last breeding rack .......for now......hehe

Thanks everyone. I hope this response answers all the question to date...

OEBT - Orange Eye Blue Tiger is a Caridina, and therefore is able to be crossed with TB (Taiwan Bee, i.e. King King, Blue Bolts & Wine Red), and the CRS/CBS/SW/GB....etc Theoritically, the pedigree of Tigers are the Black, Blue, Blonde, Super Tiger, ....but there are many variants with colours/patterns coming through our hobby now ! My latest rack has been dedicated to the tigers.

My rack has 4 tanks, and had decided to selectively divide them to house....

Tank 1 - OEBT (M&F) x Mishlings (F)

Tank 2 - Tibee (M) x Mishlings (F)

Tank 3 - OEBT (M) x TB (F)

Tank 4 - OEBT (M&F)

Water Parameters....

PH - 6.4

KH - 1

GH - 6/7

TDS - 200

Temp - 23

Each tank also houses individual cherry colours. Just experimenting with x's ATM, and trying to determine and create a library of the variation with each of the individual types, so that I can learnt how to identify what they've been cross with etc, so that if a pattern/colour is created that I/we like, we will know the formula to create this...i.e. pinto's ...fingers cross.

Once I have a larger number, they will be available to our members here, so that we can continue with more of the variants, and quality improvements etc....

Awsome shrimps Marcus...Inspirational for others & myself...Would like to have a go at the Tiger Shrimps once I get more experience and knowledge...Thanks for the pics...CJ:congratulatory:

There is always a solution you just have to be cunning LOL. I have the opposite problem my Wife is into fish to so she dose not stop me doing any thing.

For you

1 sell and buy some thing with an extra room or shed that can be for SHRIMP only, some thing she realy wants ( usually keeps you broke)

2 get the lovely lady into it so they can turn a buck and take the breaks off (that is full of danger to)

3 the best one I have seen used, get one of the kids into it then there is no breaks

Bob

Great photo's Marcus. I am very keen to see the offspring of the BB. She looks ready to pop.

Do you keep the cherries numbers low in these tanks? I find when the numbers get too high, competition for food becomes an issue.

Bob, those are indeed words of wisdom. Mrs would actually prefer all my racks/tanks go to the shed, but as I work off a home office, I'd rather the tanks around me. I have that option though.....

HeavyD, yeah I'm really only a collector of cherries, so as soon as I get a colony (10+ or 2-4 pairs), I'd remove them the access. Definitely a competition to the food source.

Yeah I thought that would be the case.

My plan when I start over/setup a rack system will be to do the same. It's just not ideal having the two together in large numbers.

Thanks All, despite the myths here, the Tiger Shrimps seam easier to keep/breed then the TB's. I had previously acknowledge 2 batches of OEBT shrimplets dying on their 1st molt, due to my neglect of ensuring sufficient GH, but I have since found 20+ shrimplets in my cherry tank that use to house them prior to my breeding rack 2. Even found 2 of these beauties ....

post-29-139909848359_thumb.jpg

Hoping to have some tiger blondes for sale soon....

post-24-139909847732_thumb.jpg

Wow Marcus...just, wow! First you stun me with your BB' s now these! One day I too will have, for, I HAD A DREAM!

You are deff the blue master mate WOOOOOOW I reckon you have blues music running on a loop all night in front of your racks.lol