Sharing My Tiger Journey....

BlueBolts

Wow Marcus...just' date=' wow! First you stun me with your BB' s now these! One day I too will have, for, I HAD A DREAM![/quote']

It all started with a dream .....

OMG!!!! is that a royal blue tiger?!?!?!? amazing!!!

Hoping it is...but time will tell ..... definitely a different brightness/no stripes ATM. Fingers cross.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update..... my tiger colony is going strong....heaps berried ATM, with the end of Feb/Mar proving to be an exciting period for the Tibee's X's....

I'll need to force myself to put some up for sale in 8-10 weeks time...should have some OEBT & Blondes ready then....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2065[/ATTACH]

post-24-139909848064_thumb.jpg

What other shrimp do you have in with the tigers BB?

The tank/pic has Orange Eye Blue Tiger (3-4 different shades of blue), Blonde Tiger, Royal Blue Tiger (TBC), TiBee (OEBT x Mischling), and a couple of female Mischlings....The larger female Tiger on the bottom left is berried, and they tend to appear darker/brown when berried.

Wow looking awesome, wish i had a tank full of tigers lol.

May i ask what type of soil you are using in those tanks? and the filtration? cheers

Wow looking awesome' date=' wish i had a tank full of tigers lol.

May i ask what type of soil you are using in those tanks? and the filtration? cheers[/quote']

You can have a tank full of Tigers ! LOL

I use benibachi, and use a eheim 2217 & fluval G5 for my breeding racks (225 lt in total).

OMG!!!! is that a royal blue tiger?!?!?!? amazing!!!

Almost 3 weeks' date=' and Royal Blue Tiger, still looking Royal Blue....what do you think Gbang ?

post-1377-139909849248_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909848236_thumb.jpg

Please Marcus no more pics, my bank account can't handle it! Another added to my got to have list, at this rate I'm spending more than I'm making which is bad...very bad!

Wow really impressive shrimp you have :)

did it cost you much to begin your shrimp dream to set everything up and buy your first lot?

Wow really impressive shrimp you have :)

did it cost you much to begin your shrimp dream to set everything up and buy your first lot?

Thanks.......been absolutely rewarding and a fulfilling journey !

There was a lot of investment in time & $ initially, as there were ONLY a handful of hobbyist with TB's/Tiger's, and due to demand/supply, they were very expensive. The cost was a HUGE hurdle, but I appreciate demand/supply, and believe that the value of the shrimp was initially worth the $....I theoritically had to sell 2-3 juvi's to get my $ back.....but as we all know, these supposedly well thought out plans have bumps and turns along the way.

Information and knowledge was sparse and confusing at the time, but after 2+ years, with better quality information,experience etc... the enigma of breeding TB's or Tigers has vanished for me. With SKF, these information is readily shared, and advised always readily given.

Value of shrimps is important to ensure quality of stock and new variations etc....The quality of red cherry has fallen soooo drastically over the past few years, that 2day, finding a TRUE quality male, seems almost impossible. Rewarding a hobbyist/breeder that produces quality stock and variations (i.e. heaved with his Sunkist, Gbang, Dean......etc) will only encourage them to further their cause.....I have spend lots of $$$, sold lots of $$, and as this my passion & hobby, whatever change I have, I'll either upgrade my setup/equipment, new racks (...wife will say no), or contribute it back to the hobby/forum. Having TB's available for $400, when it was $1,200 1-2 years ago is great, and the $ will decrease as more and more hobbyist get into the TB and Tiger program. As a hobbyist, and with the belief of demand & supply, besides not having the $, but knowing your knowledge, ability and confidence to keep/breed TBs & Tiger's are ready, that should make you dive in, as the potential of selling 2-3 juvi's to cover your cost must be appealing.

Sorry for the jibber, not trying to do a economic lesson.....but just answering the cost of shrimp/setup dilemma, that many hobbyist ask .... hope this helps :-)

very valid points with the supply/demand. I am hoping to buy a house in 3 years so come that time i will invest in a long term rack setup for serious breeding.

• 4 weeks later...

Yahoo, my F3 OEBT is berried, 1st one in the batch. Not many eggs....1st time berried.

76291880-D2D0-476E-B091-500FCE9A5CF6-5144-0000051E5D2E5154.jpg

• HOF Member

Well done BB ( should really be well done shrimps) stunning shrimp hope you get some nice shrimplets- quality not quantity is the catch phrase- so hope her few eggs supply some quality!!!!

cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

Hey bb what do OEBT go for? 8-10 weeks that's about when my rack should have cycled haha.

Thanks for comments...extremely please with each new generation.

Generally OEBT are $250 ** and blondes are $150. More for guaranteed pairs ...