BossAquaria 1st shrimp macro pics updated!

Very nice shrimp & photos as always. With the last pic, looks like you are flashing from the front of the tank? Have you try use the flash from the top?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean

• ineke

• Squiggle

• BlueBolts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys, glad you like them. those CBS are from my personal tanks and not for sale. i try to work on quality and not quantity so there are not many there. plenty of culls though.

@ Jacet, who said that?? can you speak up a little :) lol im just glad i dont look as old as i feel :)

@lachie, achiving PBL takes years and years. im just trying to create something i am happy with. the photos are just cropped, resized and watermark added. nothing else mate as with all my shrimp i show mate, i prefer to show the real thing and not fake touched up pics. nothing to gain by claiming to have something you dont!!!

@Kitz, you are correct mate, it was just the pop up flash on the camera so i cant move it. when i get new camera and flashes i will try from above :)

Very nice Dean.

Maybe eyes are my problem to, no fact eyes are my problem and we are NOT getting older just more mature.

Bob

• 5 weeks later...

a few more pics to keep the motivation going...

Some RedWine, good mix of pattern types

rw_zps91f0cc85.jpg

A Berried Riffle

Riffle_zps413fd2c7.jpg

A Red Nose

rednose_zpse2760017.jpg

A interesting example of how Hydra spreads in the tank :)

hydra_zps165d6958.jpg

Everyone loves Rilli's. This is My version of Red Rilli with Blue Body :)

redblue-rilli_zps91910c3a.jpg

Another Rilli type

special-rili_zps4510a596.jpg

Berried Boss Redline

Boss-redline_zps19e9b89f.jpg

And the one to make you all drool... :)

These are my Selective breed Blue cherry Pair.

Breeding 80-90% true. Im in love with them and every time i go in the shrimp lab they are the first i look for :)

Boss-blue-cherry_zpsc1684e0f.jpg

Those blues are awesome. Almost look like tigers:)

And the "other rilli" looks great. Now to complete this little rack and save :)

wow dean..

im really impressed with you crs line..

also that hydra looks like it should be used in an alien invasion movie..lol

nice pics mate.ur slowly getting better :encouragement:

Speechless..... WOW

There's some amazing shrimp there that you're working on and they are truly spectacular...

post-24-139909848236_thumb.jpg

If you're a Melbourne Demons fan Dean, this would explain a lot ;)

I'm still waiting for my Freo Dockers purple shrimp. It would be quite fitting as it'll spend most of it's time on/ near the bottom *boom tish*

post-538-139909847644_thumb.jpg

That black rilli is stunning :applause:

X2.

Berried riffle looks good too. Bet you cant wait till they hatch.

Thanks everyone,

the "other rilli" is actually a carbon rilli, her mood was not good when i took the photo. she can be as blue as the blue cherry when she not

in a bad mood :)

the blue cherry are very nice and look like that 90% of the time.

i am hoping that the riffle shrimplets survive, well at least a few.

Dean in the first pic with the red wines is that a purple red wine riding on the snail?

its not purple, ist more a deep maroon colour. (if there is a difference :) It's what you get when you cross them back a few times with KK.

I like it more than the normal redwine colour :)

• 2 weeks later...

mate i love all the pics but the black and chocolate cherries spin me out!!!!!!

wait for it.....BAM!!! legendary!!

a few days ago i went to the shop and got myself a little 25cm x 25cm x 25cm cube.

I needed something to put shrimp in when i take some macros.

I painted all sides and bottom and left just the 1 front side clear.

Then got myself a bright lamp to put above it and this is the first test subject with macro

005-2_zps663e94d6.jpg

im pretty happy with this photo :)

@ Dean very nice pic but I think you may have gotten lazy or plain forgot wiping down the glass! Is that a hair I see on the top? LOL!

cheers nogi, only took me forever to get my first good shot :)

@ CNgo, lol its a macro shot which means i can see that well with my own eyes :cower: ill wipe it down now i know :)