Rare and awesome plants

fishmosy

This thread is for pics of the rare/awesome plants that you have in your tanks. Feel free also to post pictures of that difficult to grow plant species that you've finally cracked.

I'll start with my Bucephalandra sp. "Kedagang" which I've grown from the tiny three leafed plantlet to a seven leaf beauty. It is now growing rapidly, a new leaf every one to three weeks. Very cool.

The picture in no way justifies this plant. The dots on the leaves that appear white/grey in the pic are pearlescent in person. The green hues and the hints of red just add to this plant. Once these become more available these will become very popular.

1DC858F0-2E5A-4A3E-830A-D463D0A52647-469-000001508B246C7C.jpg

More rare plants to come.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• fishmosy

• Gino

• mr_c265

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have nine but lost two of the original leaves due to my red rainbowfish, not eating it, just it was pretty delicate at the time, so they physically broke them. Its hardier now that it has settled in, and the reds leave it alone now.

This is my Barclaya longifolia 'Green'. Its just sprouted a new seed pod so I'm stoked at the possibilityof getting some more seeds.

97E8FAC7-F39F-46AC-8189-780432A8C4D0-314-00000118FE9DDC75.jpg

i think i have the same plant as your Kedagang

post-70-139909858441_thumb.jpg

also have this plant

post-70-139909858447_thumb.jpg

not sure what it is think its Aridarum cf. caulescens 'angustifolium' . if someone know what it is exactly can u please tell me.

Dwarf ricca

post-70-139909858452_thumb.jpg

post-514-13990984689_thumb.jpg

post-514-139909846895_thumb.jpg

post-514-1399098469_thumb.jpg

Damn plecofan, how old is your Kedagang? I'm jealous, wish mine was that big. Does the Aridarum grow like the Bucephalandra or anubias?

Looking forward to your pics Robert. Keen to see what else you have.

Damn plecofan, how old is your Kedagang? I'm jealous, wish mine was that big. Does the Aridarum grow like the Bucephalandra or anubias?

Fisymoss,

The Kedagang was given to me by a friend,so not sure how old it is.

The Aridarum is very slow growing like the Bucephalandra.

Here is my Bucephalandra (origin unknown)...got this one a month ago, I have took off 3 cuttings from it already. I get fast growth on this plant :)

60874_10200288240035170_1392689440_n.jpg

Another one of different origin, got it the same time as the above and had made 2 cuttings for this piece.

480561_10200288240635185_1465672944_n.jpg

Mango, They look identical to pics I've seen of large pieces of 'Kedagang'. Can't wait until mine get that big.

Here is my Bucephalandra (origin unknown)...got this one a month ago' date=' I have took off 3 cuttings from it already. I get fast growth on this plant :)

[img']http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/60874_10200288240035170_1392689440_n.jpg

Another one of different origin, got it the same time as the above and had made 2 cuttings for this piece.

480561_10200288240635185_1465672944_n.jpg

Mango,

So how do you get it to grow so fast just plenty of Co2,fert & Light?

[ATTACH]1211[/ATTACH]

Look maaa no strings lol.

I see you too are very artistic mango lol

Hehe :) I believe they are all different because they came from different sources.

20121206180131.th.jpg

Mini Bolbitis, only two people in australia have this.

20121206175005.th.jpg

Mini Fissidens Sp.

20121203134424.th.jpg

Mini Fern featured in the 2011 AGA grand prize tank. At the base of the 'trees' on the right hand side.

NA_pavel_bautin_2011_winner_800.jpg

20121203134312.th.jpg'

Trimmings of Trident.

Rare and difficult things appeal to me....these plants are starting to excite me ! Only just got over Erio's ..... Must resist !

Awesome plants there rob! I want them all... hahaha. I was given some mini bolbitus a longgggg time ago from a good friend, but gave it to another friend who killed it all :/ I think I have to be more selective of who gets what with rarer plants, especially in WA! It looked pretty awesome with my star moss :encouragement:

Awesome plants there rob! I want them all... hahaha. I was given some mini bolbitus a longgggg time ago from a good friend' date=' but gave it to another friend who killed it all :/ I think I have to be more selective of who gets what with rarer plants, especially in WA! It looked pretty awesome with my star moss :encouragement:[/quote']

Just a quick question, how big was your mini bolbitis? i know from the source i received mine that not many people in the world have this particular one. Less then 10.

Awesome plants there rob! I want them all... hahaha. I was given some mini bolbitus a longgggg time ago from a good friend' date=' but gave it to another friend who killed it all :/ I think I have to be more selective of who gets what with rarer plants, especially in WA! It looked pretty awesome with my star moss :encouragement:[/quote']

Kimbo any spare star moss ??? :)

All nice plants there. Wish we can see them soon in for sale section ;)

Most have been in the for sale section, if not on this forum another :)

• 1 month later...

In an effort to keep this thread kicking along here are my Crinum calamistratum,

bad pic, awesome plants

6819DC2C-3B41-4127-9ECF-0B3F92F10502-1685-000003207D274BD5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thought i would share some my plants.

Couple of crinums.

048-1_zpsa4be3e7f.jpg

True Mini fissiden next to a strand of US fissiden.

024_zps96ad2320.jpg

Native Mini Fissiden not in the best condition.

029_zpsc32396f4.jpg

Are the crinums natans? Love the fissidens too. How long have you had the native fissidens submersed?

Only one is a natan but i wish the other was too. Iv had the native submerged since i first got it maybe 1+ years. Thats a old pic, only one i had saved on photobucket.I will post more when i get a chance.