Rare and awesome plants

fishmosy

Natans is a nice plant but I like calamistratum better. Twisted leaf shape.

Did you collect the fissidens yourself?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• fishmosy

• Gino

• mr_c265

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wish I had the right equipment & knowledge to be able to grow plants !! For some reason I can't even seem to keep healthy moss :( I've got fern that is so slow growing its depressing lol

No it was given to me from a friend who has kept this moss submerged for ages. I love the Natans over the calamastratum,dont know if its cause it took me ages to source this plant or the fact that its my most expensive plant.

A old crap shot of one of my Bucephalandra sp.

026_zps0648217c.jpg

Iv still got my bucephalandra sp, this one I decided not to cut to see how big it grows.

Will post more pics of some other rare plants when I get a chance.

Must be getting big. I know mine puts on a new leaf every 2-4weeks and its tiny. Can't wait to see pics.

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these bucephalandra sp? Got a thing for mosses and rare plants

Masta, easy as pie to grow!!! Cost no idea as haven't seen any for sale. I threw some in the auction and will be interesting to see anyone set a sale price. To be honest I'd love to hear people's opinions on this. :)

I will have some in 2-3 weeks Ziek; still growing :)

Here's a terrible pic of my star moss....

P1000087_zpsd0826710.jpg

Awesome, let me know when you do. Star moss is the next moss I need to add to my collection

It's not that hard to grow however I've found that it seems to not like high temps (30 degrees and up). So far it seems to do best in cooler water.

I bought a 50 cent size piece for $40-$50 a while back.

Wow that is expensive. Maybe the price went down.

It's not that hard to grow however I've found that it seems to not like high temps (30 degrees and up). So far it seems to do best in cooler water.I bought a 50 cent size piece for $40-$50 a while back.

I'd be interested in adding Star moss to my collection when someone decides to sell some :)

btw Khemo that willow moss you gave me is growing so fast! I love it

I think 2 reasons it hasn't been in the public market place is no one wants to set a price, and no one has enough for the resulting demand. I know I keep saying next week to myself but them split it and make more plates as u can never have enough lol

I'd be interested in adding Star moss to my collection when someone decides to sell some :)

btw Khemo that willow moss you gave me is growing so fast! I love it

Glad you are enjoying it mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few plants, dont know if theyre all rare but ill put them up anyways :)

Also just got some mini bolbitis today, hopefully itll grow well!

1H51ybu.jpg

thats a native mini bolbitis isnt it? dean has a bunch of this stuff in his tank if you go through some of his videos.

My tridents been going really well in a friends tank. We've planned to not touch it till December to try and get it to grow into a monster sized plant.

537751_10200212058816033_649207082_n.jpg

And heres my buc as of today. Took months to double in size.

166767_10200212058136016_1629360921_n.jpg

Nice buc sp. Rob, good to see it growing well for u. Dam that trident is awesome need to get my hands on that plant.