• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• fishmosy

• Gino

• mr_c265

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's growing a flower! I'm pretty happy with it so far! This one is loving the warm at the moment' date=' probably one of my favourite plants that i have, shame it won't grow underwater :p

The Utricularia around it is a native too, hoping to get that to flower as well.[/quote']

LOL Which utric? We have over 200 of those here in Australia, same with the Drosera. There are some Byblis though that will grow not quite submerged but literally float on the water, Bob had some pictures up a while ago if I remember rightly

LOL Which utric? We have over 200 of those here in Australia' date=' same with the Drosera. There are some Byblis though that will grow not quite submerged but literally float on the water, Bob had some pictures up a while ago if I remember rightly[/quote']

Not sure yet, possibly U. Uliginosa, U. Fulva (might be too cold down here) that's why i'm waiting on the flower :p

Same with the Drosera, was thinking it could be Spatulata, but i'm very new to Drosera's.

That one most definitely looks to be spathulata, an easy to keep plant even in snow.

Drosera's = Sun jewels???

There is lots of them up here, I like them but Jo who goes collecting with me a lot is right into them. She has heaps and is usually happy to share with other keepers.

Bob

Well in comparison to other java ferns it has been slow growing ....... well until recently. Maybe I'm just impatient.

I think like most, once it gets established and adjusted to the newer tank conditions its grows at a noticeable rate. i havent visited my plant for a long time, might have to pop around and see how its growing. Hows yours growing Davin?

I think like most' date=' once it gets established and adjusted to the newer tank conditions its grows at a noticeable rate. i havent visited my plant for a long time, might have to pop around and see how its growing. Hows yours growing Davin?[/quote']

Its so slow I haven't seen a new pair of leaves yet :-( The stem has elongated about 2mm but that's its! Once its adjusted and happy apparently it becomes an okay grower in terms of speed, but it will never be fast. Spoke to another keeper of it and he found the same, trident is an absolute speedster by comparison, I have 2 small plantlets formed on the leaves, but nothing on this one.

And yeah Bob, they would be Sundews, and you know a few good friends of mine, Greg Bourke and Phill Mann, both great guys when it comes to CPs in particular, absolute wizards! I need to speak to you some time about Byblis as well as Utricularia menziesii, well amongst several others but love some of the various Byblis species especially

20130801_225035_zps4088da83.jpg

suspense is killing me!

What sort of Utricularia's and Drosera do you get up there Bob? As if i didn't have a bad enough plant addiction, i'm now stuck into terrestrial plants too :|

• 3 weeks later...

My new toys, 3x mother plants

Left to right

Kalimantan Barat (aka Bob Marley)

Manga Pinoh (blue)

Sanggau (aka Velvet 3)

null_zpsfd451722.jpg

Not seen them before....nice...would prefer more shrimps in those tanks though :-) Is that a guppy hoovering in the middle ?

co2 going bonkers trav.....

that is a guppy hovering lol, but there is a red cherry over to one side too lol

I will see if I can give you 2 the email addy for a friend that has them and yes we find some beauties out in the field, don't just look at Aquatic stuff, send me a PM.

There is a good story about us in the field, Jo is female there for the story gets better. We were going to Mount Mulligan for the first time, chatting and Bird, Plant and whatever else spotting, we missed the turnoff that has a sign 5mts square, we ended up in a great collecting spot and when we told people about it, everyone wanted to know what we were really doing, do you think any one except for my lovely wife Linda would believe we were Bird and plant spotting??

Bob