Rare and awesome plants

fishmosy

20121206180131.th.jpg

Mini Bolbitis' date= only two people in australia have this.

20121206175005.th.jpg

Mini Fissidens Sp.

20121203134424.th.jpg

Mini Fern featured in the 2011 AGA grand prize tank. At the base of the 'trees' on the right hand side.

NA_pavel_bautin_2011_winner_800.jpg

20121203134312.th.jpg'

Trimmings of Trident.

u must live in a very small and shallow well!!!!!

😜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜›

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• fishmosy

• Gino

• Nsee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the idea of putting plants in tubs then in barebottom tank, do you find this benefits the plants alot better?

I would like to consider setting a tank up with plants and moss in tubs/on mesh and try diy co2.

Opinions from people who grow plants?

If you don't put fish in the tank, keep the water a little cooler, overdo the co2 massively and are proficcient with trace and macro nutrients, you'll get some amazing growth, i've gotten as close as possible to that with a few plant grow setups, but at the moment they all have fish in them so had to scale them back a bit. I do get a cm of growth a day out of most plants and a new leaf (and a new pup on the old leaves) everyday out of my tri colour lotus' even with the scaled back setup.

I like the idea of putting plants in tubs then in barebottom tank' date=' do you find this benefits the plants alot better?

I would like to consider setting a tank up with plants and moss in tubs/on mesh and try diy co2.

Opinions from people who grow plants?[/quote']

I put plants in containers. I can keep the rest of the tank bare for easy siphoning, you don't need to fork out for a whole tanks worth of soil (I grow mine in a 6ft tank) and I can move the plants around to make space for new plants or just simply rearranging without ever affecting the roots of the plants.

If you don't put fish in the tank' date=' keep the water a little cooler, overdo the co2 massively and are proficcient with trace and macro nutrients, you'll get some amazing growth, i've gotten as close as possible to that with a few plant grow setups, but at the moment they all have fish in them so had to scale them back a bit. I do get a cm of growth a day out of most plants and a new leaf (and a new pup on the old leaves) everyday out of my tri colour lotus' even with the scaled back setup.[/quote']

I prefer a more mid tech method, slower growth but still good. I keep fish in the tank, keep circulation rates high, dose ferts and glutaraldehyde and low to medium lighting. Alternatively I do a little bit of emerse growing, particularly anubias.

hmm thanks for that :) i am not very knowledgable when it comes to tace and macro nutrients, for instance i have no idea wth you are talking about lol :)

Few more of my plants -

Star Moss

sxCpWNyl.jpg

Mini Fissiden

xJqyI5Ul.jpg

bucephalandra sp brownie ghost.

Super rare my fav buc I have it has such strong colour' date= purple tinge

kS2d3CLl.jpg

I need all those rares, gotta catch em all

I need all those rares' date=' gotta catch em all[/quote']

They are plants not Pokemon. Lol

I love that mini fern! Really need to grab that for my shallow tank. How rare is it?

Thank you, Which mini fern were you referring too? The Spoon leaf one?

Trident naturally stays small. the spoon leaf is a different type of fern new to the game. Heres a picture

DSC_0015.jpg

Have an update on my trident, Its finally starting to thicken up and grow longer. At the beginning of the year i promised to let it settle and grow out into a monster sized plant instead of trimming it every second week to pass on. Very proud for where it is at.

943588_10200446129787661_251695342_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just an update on my trident fern. It has started producing trident leaves finally. Theres actually four pieces/plants on this wood as the original piece I got produced two plantlets instead of growing, with one of those plantlets producing another. In fact the original piece has only just started growing and two of the three plantlets are now bigger than the original piece.

D6B366BF-E483-4223-B5CF-C8856CF2B644-8545-00000BE96DAACF5E_zpsc37f1cb3.jpg

Ahhhh...I need to get myself re-employed fast! I was recognising I might be able to get the odd $$$ shrimp or two when I get proficient but now super special rare cool plants too??

Not an aquarium plant as such, but Davin should like this if he sees it.

20130725_201817_zps6123b597.jpg

LOL Love drosera! My first CP love, some are more tropical and slow, give regia a go and you'll see what I mean. Beautiful plant but very slow and a harder species to grow than most

LOL Love drosera! My first CP love' date=' some are more tropical and slow, give regia a go and you'll see what I mean. Beautiful plant but very slow and a harder species to grow than most[/quote']

It's growing a flower! I'm pretty happy with it so far! This one is loving the warm at the moment, probably one of my favourite plants that i have, shame it won't grow underwater :p

The Utricularia around it is a native too, hoping to get that to flower as well.

@fishmosy' date=' slow growing hey? noone said it was fast growing[/quote']

Well in comparison to other java ferns it has been slow growing ....... well until recently. Maybe I'm just impatient.