TB three foot tank!

newbreed

So I decided the CRS colony needed a new home, so I have reset the tank with new Benibachi soil and have planted it pretty heavy for the TBs.

The tank is using an existing canister. So I allowed it to cycle for a few weeks, did a 50% waterchange, then added the TBs.

image.thumb.jpg.c2a487be011a6a995be68f32image.thumb.jpg.faf557e9444f989eec5900e0

image.thumb.jpg.945c896c1bb654338b9a94c6

image.thumb.jpg.859d17398619a2c0f4fdc1faimage.thumb.jpg.1ae4f40bde5cc2708ef99607

Thankfully all new inhabitants have been doing really well. And first drop of Shrimplets has occurred.

I have kept these TB in a single tank, with all colours together. Parents from Bluebolts, Dean's, and a couple of other breeders lines. Am getting a good mixture of shrimplets now, in all colours.

image.thumb.jpg.7dffed6afcea5b96ee49c7dd

image.thumb.jpg.bab972dcdfe8241d2970e7dfimage.thumb.jpg.8905a22bb780f67548e2e85cimage.thumb.jpg.23a635581ee85b10a77ef7c7image.thumb.jpg.431eb22bf25e62113d874903

image.thumb.jpg.bfbd0d41685776fd3987faadimage.thumb.jpg.3f5de873a3a134db0cd2e09b

I set up a diffuser and connected to CO2 bottle, but I heard of another option that was worth trialling. Sochting have a product called a Carbonator, which acts as a slow release CO2 diffuser.

I have set one up today to test out, and will most likely stock these as a product next year, once the results are in. 

image.thumb.jpg.9325346a32935ac89bbdc9ce

• Like 2

• HOF Member

looking good Jamie, those plants have already grown well. I will be keeping an eye on the carbonator too as I'm not game to try the Co2 setups.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, al4n said:

interested in the co2 diffuser there, are they expensive? and what is the actual size

I don't have a price on them as yet, just testing it out for supplier. Will advise once I know.

Dimensions are around 15cm high by 10-11 wide. 

4 minutes ago, ineke said:

looking good Jamie, those plants have already grown well. I will be keeping an eye on the carbonator too as I'm not game to try the Co2 setups.

I am happy to test it out first Ineke. If all goes well, I will let you know!! 

And yes, the plants have started off well already without CO2, just want to help them along.

• Like 2

On 31 December 2015 at 4:10 PM, DemonCat said:

What grass is that? And is that bolbitis? Mine is much less healthy than yours...

I have had this bolbitis for a couple of years. Give it time, it will grow lush!

image.thumb.jpg.02113068b88ff1a5a244734fimage.thumb.jpg.622313909b8e467a7a68181a

thats my plant list. I used tissue culture plants, so no melting and all have taken pretty well.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...