Hopefully the start of a mischling colony :D

Disciple

I was delighted to come home and find that my "crs" shrimplets have survived and are now juvies and a new batch of shrimplets have been swimming around. I am hoping this will be the start of my own "crs" colony. Unexpectedly I have also found Cbs shrimplets so I guess a mischling colony would be more appropriate.

Here are some pictures.

post-1014-0-95509300-1421585454_thumb.jppost-1014-0-36021500-1421585546_thumb.jppost-1014-0-74338300-1421585610_thumb.jppost-1014-0-89660600-1421585652_thumb.jppost-1014-0-14141700-1421585681_thumb.jppost-1014-0-55986700-1421585720_thumb.jppost-1014-0-16590100-1421585756_thumb.jppost-1014-0-79024500-1421585787_thumb.jp

Thanks for looking.

Just cause looked at my crappy here is bonus image of actually nice shrimp lol.

post-1014-0-69384100-1421585919.jpg

• Like 1

Nice man good to hear they went well while you where away

Cheers man,

I was a bit nervous but I think investing in the chiller and having my brother and sister come around to check on them paid off lol. Still when I first came home I didnt see any and was disappointed but the next day during feeding time I was pretty happy when they started coming out to eat.

• Like 1

Awesome stuff dude, well done! What TB did you use to make the mischlings? I'm guessing these are F1s, hopefully you'll get some cool TBMs on the next generation. :thumbsu:

Congratulations, well done. Hope the colony builds up well for you from here. 

I think it's not uncommon for CRS to throw occasional blacks, or CBS to throw occasional reds. They're the same species of shrimp, so are not mischlings. 

Great they survived for you Disciple!

If there is no TB in the tanks then the black will just be cbs. The red gene is recessive in crystal so your reds can throw black depending on their parents.

If you Seperate out the blacks, eventually, couple of generations, they will though just reds.

Really though, the more the merrier!! Congrats!!

Thanks a lot guys really happy with them and thanks for the info.

Yeah these were my first shrimp. I found a ad on gumtree from someone selling 10 CRS. From now on I'll only buy from trusted SKF members.

only 5 survive but because of the help of this forum they started to become berried and have hatchlings. I did notice CBS in the first batch of shrimplets and talked to the seller. She did confirm they were in fact mischlings but I did not ask what f number they were. Apparently they have the pinto gene. I should of asked more questions when I was buying but I was too inexperienced.

Once my new set up is cycled I will split them up between CRS and CBS and hopefully stabilize their colour.

Edited by Disciple

How much did you pay for them ? I would take everything with a grain of salt someone tells me off gumtree :). Is quite possible she could of told you they are mischlings so you don't get pi$$ed off at her :). Fingers crossed It is mischling for you though :)

How much did you pay for them ? I would take everything with a grain of salt someone tells me off gumtree :). Is quite possible she could of told you they are mischlings so you don't get pi$$ed off at her :). Fingers crossed It is mischling for you though :)

I paid $150 for 10 :D actually I was a bit annoyed the person sold it as CRS when they thought they were mischlings haha Its all good now that was 5-6 months ago I have learned to ask more questions.

I have joined this forum not long after the purchase and understand how things work better now :D

The issue I have is in the future if I want to give some way to friends I am just not sure what I should call them because I don't want to miss label them.

Edited by Disciple

Hello Derrick,

To create a topic. You pick a sub section eg "General" and you click into it.

Once you are in the sub section you want there should be a tab in the top right hand area for you to create a topic.

Welcome to SKF I hope you enjoy yourself.

I paid $150 for 10 :D actually I was a bit annoyed the person sold it as CRS when they thought they were mischlings haha Its all good now that was 5-6 months ago I have learned to ask more questions.

I have joined this forum not long after the purchase and understand how things work better now :D

The issue I have is in the future if I want to give some way to friends I am just not sure what I should call them because I don't want to miss label them.

I would label them CRS but also notify them that they throw CBS rarely. For  them to sell them as just CRS for $15 each I personally think their lieing with the whole mischling thing as CRS that throw CBS are generally deemed lower quality therefor to avoid any problems its easy for them to say their mischling :). Any reasonable person would know and label them as mischling.

Either way you still have nice shrimp :) they just wanted to charge LFS prices :).

I would label them CRS but also notify them that they throw CBS rarely. For  them to sell them as just CRS for $15 each I personally think their lieing with the whole mischling thing as CRS that throw CBS are generally deemed lower quality therefor to avoid any problems its easy for them to say their mischling :). Any reasonable person would know and label them as mischling.

Either way you still have nice shrimp :) they just wanted to charge LFS prices :).

Cheers Shaun,

I appreciate the feedback. I'll probably give them away eventually but I will let whoever gets them know as much information as I can give.

They were a bit expensive but I was willing to pay it and I have enjoyed having them. They make me happy its all good haha.