Sign in to follow this  
Disciple

My first attempt at aquascaping

Disciple

Very nice dude, love your work! :D

Thank you Squiggle,

I think there are a lot better I have seen in these forums but I appreciate it. Just scraped the glass today and tomorrow I am going to cut the grass down a bit. So it should look presentable lol.

newbreed

Looking great!!

Disciple

I have given the tank a nice trim and moved some plants around so I thought I would sure a couple of pics.

post-1014-0-10850400-1412554656_thumb.jp

post-1014-0-92541000-1412554806_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Squiggle

Nice work dude, love berried girl pics! :thumbsu:

Disciple

Thanks Squiggle,

I found my first berried CRS the other day. I am really happy about it. sorry about the picture quality my iPhone sucks haha (maybe it is just the user.)

post-1014-0-26504000-1413419202_thumb.jp

Squiggle

Fantastic news dude, now the loooooooooong wait, lol. :lol:

Disciple

Fantastic news dude, now the loooooooooong wait, lol. :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement Squiggle haha.

It was a nice surprise cause i thought I had all males. I am still finding it hard to tell males from females. I cant tell if they have a saddle or not like with the red rili's haha

Need more tanks I want more varieties!

Disciple

Helped my brother scape his new tank. What do you guys think?post-1014-0-02511200-1414830849_thumb.jppost-1014-0-74002200-1414830861_thumb.jp

Squiggle

Looks pretty cool dude, well done! :thumbsu:

Disciple

Haven't put a pic up for awhile

Check out my jungle!

post-1014-0-68096800-1424091406_thumb.jp

Planning to reset this tank in the next few month. If anyone wants some hair grass I'll have plenty to share lol

buck

Dunne-on-Stake-out.jpg

so this is his planted tank but where is the shrimp tank/rack?  journal…

haha that’s a mighty field of hair grass man!  

Disciple

LOL yeah need to hire a gardener to mow it!

Believe it or not I would say there is atleast 150 shrimp in that tank lol

buck

:scared: nice! still a mix od crs and rili?

Disciple

85% rilis

15% Crs and GBs

Hopefully I'll have a nice shrimp tank journal in a couple more weeks and I'll split the Crs and GB's into their own sections. Plan to make this one into a tank for tigers.

• Like 1

buck

nice, sounds like your going to be busy :^^;:ill be lurking in anticipation of this journal

• Like 1

Disciple

nice, sounds like your going to be busy :^^;:ill be lurking in anticipation of this journal

Cheers man.

I think you and inverted will be quite busy too. Would love to join the rack club one day.

buck

1315533755_Scarface_Tony_Montana_Cocaine

i wet my toes with the little rack first and im glad i did!

soon ill be up  there with a rack like squiggle :secret laugh:

• Like 1

Disciple

Havent done a update for this tank in awhile. I also have a new phone that seems to take decent pictures.

I have ripped out a heap of dwarf hair grass and other plants. Next step is to take out the rocks and rescape the tank. This will happen after i move all the shrimp to my new tank.

Also something of a little milestone for myself which has made me extremely happy. This is my first crs shrimplet to grow into an adult. It came from my the 3rd lot of crs to be born in my tank and one of 2 to grow to adulthood from that drop. I always thought i had two males until today. post-1014-0-19607500-1430745717_thumb.jp

post-1014-0-84422100-1430745948_thumb.jppost-1014-0-05895000-1430746021_thumb.jp

post-1014-0-19607500-1430745717_thumb.jp

post-1014-0-84422100-1430745948_thumb.jp

post-1014-0-05895000-1430746021_thumb.jp

Edited by Disciple
  • Like 2

neo-2FX

Now that is one cute CRS!

Wish I had gone the normal hairgrass type now. The belem just doesn't look the same as it lays flatter.

• Like 1

Disciple

Thanks neo.

I am very happy with her as she is born and bred in this tank. Hopefully she produces tge 2nd generation of crs.

The issue with the hair grass it just takes over the whole tank. I had a nice hc carpet but it got over grown by the hair.

neo-2FX

Very nice.

I'm starting to notice that too. I can spot a few strands of hairgrass in the gaps between HC.

• Like 1

Disciple

Pulled out all the rocks in an effort to get the wp under control and this is the result.

post-1014-0-06757900-1431852820_thumb.jp

Not happy with it atm i have a nice piece of drift wood ronskitz gave me and some trident fern so hopefully over the next couple of weeks it'll look better.

Also put up some oebt i bought off JPN. Really happy with these beauties. Big thanks to JPN very generous and great guy. Sad to see another great keeper leave the hobby.

post-1014-0-20080800-1431853193_thumb.jppost-1014-0-31390100-1431853542_thumb.jp

Hopefully this will be the start of a huge colony.

post-1014-0-06757900-1431852820_thumb.jp

post-1014-0-20080800-1431853193_thumb.jp

post-1014-0-31390100-1431853542_thumb.jp

Disciple

Made a few more changes since the last update. A few more changes and plants to be added. Also wanted to introduce a couple of new arrivals.

20150705_234310.thumb.jpg.b686a7a7c65526

Finally starting to find oebt Shrimplets and some of them are stunning. Yaaahooòo!!!

20150705_234118.thumb.jpg.cd0a51b87b63cc hoping for a tank full by Christmas. 

20150705_234142.thumb.jpg.b779d381168496

A few pale blue to colourless oebt shrimplets too. Will let them mature a bit to see if they colour up. Fingers crossed.

Proud mum.

20150627_124003.thumb.jpg.0b9c5ca1d17c58

• Like 2

Callan

Really nice Disciple can't wait till you get these going. Putting my name on the list for first dibbs.....LOL

• Like 1

Zorba

Great job on oebt's,

Very nice

• Like 1