SKF Classifieds now live

NoGi

The new SKF Classified app is now live. This is a premium and above member benefit. The current classified forums will shutdown over time as we move people to this new format. There are still a bunch of categories that are missing so please list them here for me to add.

post-25-0-61189100-1399349074_thumb.png

And a little something extra special for platinum subscribers and sponsors only:

post-25-0-30580300-1399349159_thumb.png

Hi,

I can't find the SKF classifieds

you have to be a premium member to utilise the classifieds section :)

Hope you guys are enjoying the new system. It certainly looks a lot better IMO

post-25-0-08823000-1399516115_thumb.png

One thing to note is that tapatalk doesn't support it. It's a tapatalk thing but the mobile skin for the site supports it just fine so if you need to access it via your phone, use the browser and you'll be fine.

Edited by NoGi

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget that you can use the top menu to refine the list you are looking at:

post-25-0-52381500-1400551571_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Have just added a new feature to classifieds that will now also show you other items by that seller:

post-25-0-79427400-1401860242_thumb.gif

• Like 1

Guys, we seem to be forgetting that we have a code of conduct that applies to sales. This ensures that both parties are satisfied and reduces the chances of a deal going sour. I've added a new field to the listings but for existing sales, buyers should confirm with the sellers that the SKF CoC applies.

post-25-0-86311400-1402012833_thumb.png

Nogi,

I know where the COC that applies to sales is located.

But not everyone might know where it's located now. You need a link to the thread somewhere in classifieds, or next to the Agree yes/no/na box.

I see you've added a banner.

The COC is also very Shrimp oriented. 

It needs to apply equally to equipment, plants, fish, fertiliser, shrimp food or any number of other things that we sell.

For example, DOA policy might not apply to food or fertiliser - these can be in the mail system for weeks and still arrive in a fit-for-use condition.

But it needs to be clear if DOA applies to equipment or plants.

For example, 2nd aquarium light that was working arrives DOA - how is this addressed??

Do we have any lawyers, or law students that can improve on the COC wording?

Edited by jayc

Nogi,

I know where the COC that applies to sales is located.

But not everyone might know where it's located now. You need a link to the thread somewhere in classifieds, or next to the Agree yes/no/na box.

I see you've added a banner.

The COC is also very Shrimp oriented. 

It needs to apply equally to equipment, plants, fish, fertiliser, shrimp food or any number of other things that we sell.

For example, DOA policy might not apply to food or fertiliser - these can be in the mail system for weeks and still arrive in a fit-for-use condition.

But it needs to be clear if DOA applies to equipment or plants.

For example, 2nd aquarium light that was working arrives DOA - how is this addressed??

Do we have any lawyers, or law students that can improve on the COC wording?

Yes it is very shrimp oriented and probably due to the origins of this forum. Now that we are slowly bringing members with other interests (fish, etc...) perhaps it is a good time to review the CoC. Can't comment on the legalities but the intent of the CoC was to introduce "Good Practice" when trading in our community. This was born out of the scams that were being reported in other parts of the net within our little hobby.

Happy to revisit the wording, if someone wants to start a thread with a new draft we can take it from there. For the moment, the current CoC is better than not having one at all.

Hi Nogi,

I can't find the classifieds section mate.

I am a platinum member but still can not seem to did it.

Hey Chalky,

It is a tab at the top of the forum between store and breeders :) 

Hi Nogi,

I can't find the classifieds section mate.

I am a platinum member but still can not seem to did it.

Have a look at the first post in this thread, I've attached a screenshot of where to access it.

Thanks mate, I usually look in my phone and that does not come up.

I'll have to log on using computer.

Thanks mate

Thanks mate, I usually look in my phone and that does not come up.

I'll have to log on using computer.

Thanks mate

At the base of the mobile skin screen, on your phone, there is a button to take you to full version, that's how I view it! Can view everything on the go!

Edited by newbreed

• 1 month later...

I've removed the mandatory requirement for images for now so that WTB ads can be posted without needing pics. Pics are still required for items for sale but I can't enforce it via the system (it's a global all or none setting). If we start getting sale ads with no pics, I'll need to turn it back on. So for now, enjoy the non-requirement of images for wanted listings.

• Like 1