Big thanks to Squiggle

ineke

• HOF Member

Just like to say thank you to Squiggs for my lovely shrimp I received this morning - way more than I paid for Also the little extra special guy you sent is awesome. Thanks Jay it doesn't matter how long or short a time you have been into shrimp a new consignment is always super exciting and to get a something special thrown in is just icing on the cake! I am glad to say all 10 new tanks now have inhabitants even if 2 of them are for some Rili culls. Thanks again Jay.:blowkiss:

Great work Jay!! Sharing the SKF love!!

And congrats Ineke!! Didn't take long to fill the tanks! ;)

• HOF Member

Thanks Jamie no it didn't take long I had heaps of shrimp in my community tank waiting to be transferred. Once the weather cools I will transfer a few more and make better use of the 2 cull tanks- the culls can go into the big tank or the pond outside.

Nice Jay, you superstar.....so whats the grand plans for the tanks ? special breeding programs ?

• HOF Member

I haven't got any real plans. I am trying to improve my Blue Velvets that my Rilis bred. Their colour is deepening but at F3 they are not breeding true. After losing my Chocolate and their Blue babies I am starting all over with culls from the community tank. I bought some more Yellows from Jay and this time they have a dedicated tank - this is my final try with them. I bought some pure CBS. From Jay as all mine have been in with CRS. So that's another project and I have a couple of TB's in with F6/7 Mischlings to get more Mischlings and TBM/TBMM's. I just want to see what I get with them and ultimately they will end up in the community tank. I am also getting some interesting colours in my Cherry colony in the community tank - they are just interbreeding and throwing nice shades of blue and light green. I will eventually pick a few of those out and see what happens when bred together. Oh and did I say anything about BlueBolts :) yes I have a few youngsters that are TBM/TBMM that I will hopefully be breeding if they have some males and females amongst them. I have a few nice shadow pandas as well but still very young and not pure TB. I am breeding these different shrimp for myself with no intention of selling them so purity isn't essential. Alan has fallen for Eshrimps big Crystal tank and wants one just like it so who am I to argue- he even said if the tank gets too full we will just have to get another 980 to match :) :) :)

Cool, like all great plans, I'm sure they'll chnage and evolve. I'm constantly challenging on the he direction to take.

The blue velvets are frustrating, had a batch that got me excited, but as they matured, noticed a red patches on some of them.....and all this time I thought they were breeding absolutely true...must be like F6+ generation at least :-(

CE5AFBD8-F83C-4B1B-8E5B-A3B7A769BF64.jpg

Top stuff squiggle!

Inke sounds like you've got plenty of projects on the go! With that many tanks I'm sure my day would just be spent tank watching lol

Bluebolts the blue on that velvet is gorgeous! Shame about the red patch.. If you decide it's to become a cull then I have to say it... First dibs! My blue velvet project has only just begun so that's less red then the ones I'm using now but with a much nicer blue :) *flutters eyelashes* lol

• HOF Member

Great colour though. Yes it is frustrating when they throw out a bit of off colour . I found a really dark blue baby that I accidentally took out on a bit of moss and had to quickly put it back in the tank now I can't find it so will have to pull that tank apart to find it again. It's finding those occasional good colour shrimp that adds excitement to breeding them.

I'm still waiting for my Tibee to have her babies but this time she is in the TB tank so I should be able to see them. I have only found 3 babies from her in the community tank, they are now in the TB tank too. I live in hope of getting some nice patterns. I guess if I buy any more shrimp it will have to be a few Tigers as I really like Tibees. :)

I'm glad you like them Ineke, I hope the yellows breed well for you. Just love sharing the SKF love :encouragement:

Well done, Squiggs!

You sure know how to share the SKF love! That's why you are so popular. :)

Well done' date=' Squiggs!

You sure know how to share the SKF love! That's why you are so popular. :)[/quote']

Not popular with me though.......I haven't received any "special" shrimps from squiggs yet :poke:. :rofl:

Ok BB, shall I just keep the shrimplets of those ones in the pics then? Mwuahahahaha!!! :rofl:

Ok BB' date=' shall I just keep the shrimplets of those ones in the pics then? Mwuahahahaha!!! :rofl:[/quote']

I'm not a patient person.....just the adults would be great ! :bighug:

Sorry garny, we're talking Area 51 stuff ...... Squiggles is being mean and selfish, and poking me on every oportunityaldvshlouqdb

Oh, you poor thing, Marcus!

I'll tell him off! :whip:

djuyet

I can just see this thread degenerating into :spank:

Oh' date=' you poor thing, Marcus!

I'll tell him off! :whip:[/quote']

I changed my mind! Keep going, Squiggs! He deserves it!

This is great. Actions in one thread is causing a reaction in another thread.

Definitely going down the gurgler now.

Are you the spanker or spankee ....any preference ? :rofl:

Oh dear! I don't wanna know this!