Some random shrimp...

jacet

Wild cherry has a pattern???? I thought they where clearish....

Search for wild cherry threads from BB, they have plenty of patterning. My favorite is the tiger bands, almost makes them look like blonde tigers.

Thanks fishmosy... I do understand the genus thing and they don't interbreed and I except that.. the thing I don't understand is where they have come from.. If they are wild cherries which is still pretty cool and makes more sense to me and everyone else how can they come about from one cherry in the tank.. nothing got moved in to the tank for months so all that was in the tank was a filter 6 stem plant 3 crystals and a cherry.. nothing more nothing less... Is it possible that this has come from a crystal throw back of some sort...

Check out ********* forum, search 'strange crystal mutation' and other posts similar. There's a lot of reading there.

Check out ********* forum' date=' search 'strange crystal mutation' and other posts similar. There's a lot of reading there.[/quote']

Thanks I will as just thinking about how often these CRS have breed and they get berried but I never see shrimplets until this time... So maybe thinking got some sort of really bad CRS 12 odd months ago... Im my mind there is still no way it can be a cherry as there was only one in there... So it some wicked through back from these crystals I hope...hahahaha if it is a wicked through back I need help on sexing shrimp as was positive they where girls... hahahaha :stupid:

• HOF Member

Better men than you have been wrong! Still cool looking shrimp:encouragement:

Thanks I will as just thinking about how often these CRS have breed and they get berried but I never see shrimplets until this time... So maybe thinking got some sort of really bad CRS 12 odd months ago... Im my mind there is still no way it can be a cherry as there was only one in there... So it some wicked through back from these crystals I hope...hahahaha if it is a wicked through back I need help on sexing shrimp as was positive they where girls... hahahaha :stupid:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I get the sense you are certain that the 'new' shrimp had to have been bred from (some of) the shrimp that were in the tank (i.e. the three CRS and the one cherry). If so, why do you think there is no or little possibility that the shrimp have not come from somewhere else?

(Not having a go at you, just trying to understand your reasoning).

Another example of wild cherry throwback- they have different tints of colour depending on their genetics.

l760.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something' date=' but I get the sense you are certain that the 'new' shrimp had to have been bred from (some of) the shrimp that were in the tank (i.e. the three CRS and the one cherry). If so, why do you think there is no or little possibility that the shrimp have not come from somewhere else?

(Not having a go at you, just trying to understand your reasoning).[/quote']

its cool fishmosy the reason they I am so sure they came from there is nothing was added to the tank... If by any chance some thing got in there it would of been another crystal red as I have a routine when doing water changes and maintance on the tanks.. It is part of having aspergers I have a set routine and I don't change it... In that divided tank in question was these 4 shrimp in one bay and platinum ******* in the other bay... I always did my water change from ******* section so I would not suck up any shrimp.. Every Saturday morning approx 9 am I would make my coffee pull out 15-20% have a smoke finish my coffee replace the water add my prime... then go up stairs do the main display tank that had no shrimp in it approx 25-30% change then back down stairs to do the cbs and guppy divided tank same as the other divided with only pulling water out of the guppy section... then I would do a quick head count in the reds 3 and 1 move on to the ******* yep 3 move to the blacks and look for dead ones as way to many to count and so on... then have another smoke and that would be an hour since I started so I would then water test to make sure I was 6.6-6.8 ph 5-7 gh and zero nitrites and ammo and under 20 nitrates then I was happy to continue with my day.... That is all I ever did with the tanks maintance wise and the only other time I touched the tanks was at approx. 6pm every night when I got home and feed them.. So I am pretty sure nothing else can get in there... I have made the mistake before when I had a total lost in one of my tanks and I was so sure I did nothing wrong then it hit me what I did 2 weeks later... I learnt from then and have crossed everything of the list expect for the history of the crystals eg parents and grandparents...

Another example of wild cherry throwback- they have different tints of colour depending on their genetics.

l760.jpg

Awesome looking shrimp... But I am pretty sure they came from a tank with at least 2 cherries in it... Not saying that in a smart arse way just saying it that in I only had one cherry in my tank..

In my mystery tank I now have around 50/60 wild cherry types, I started with about 12 and the f2/3/4 etc are now starting to throw colours I have blue ,brown, yellow, green, chocolate, red, and one black that I can see. Some are full colour but most have a lovely translation colour. They all show some black line markings like tigers

The stripe ones that I posted pictures about earlier are a throw back from my rillie's population and are in another tank. These are f3 from rilli wild types

.post-1938-139909862093_thumb.jpgpost-1938-139909862096_thumb.jpg

regards

wayne

post-12-139909850854_thumb.jpg

post-12-139909850856_thumb.jpg

In my mystery tank I now have around 50/60 wild cherry types' date=' I started with about 12 and the f2/3/4 etc are now starting to throw colours I have blue ,brown, yellow, green, chocolate, red, and one black that I can see. Some are full colour but most have a lovely translation colour. They all show some black line markings like tigers

The stripe ones that I posted pictures about earlier are a throw back from my rillie's population and are in another tank. These are f3 from rilli wild types

.post-1938-139909862093_thumb.jpgpost-1938-139909862096_thumb.jpg

regards

wayne

Mystery tank I like it..hahaha I have a freak tank well will have once I finish un packing from the move... My son has yellows cherries in his room so we through a red in there to get berried up then throw her back in the gup*py tank to see what would happen.. So now in that guppy tank we have 10 or so odd colour looking things but I have a section pencilled in the divided for these freaks and those freaks to get together and I will just feed them and see what happens ... Only thing is they will have gup*pies in there upsetting them but plenty of hiding spots for them..

PM Imke, i believe this has happened on a german forum before.

its cool fishmosy the reason they I am so sure they came from there is nothing was added to the tank... If by any chance some thing got in there it would of been another crystal red as I have a routine when doing water changes and maintance on the tanks.. It is part of having aspergers I have a set routine and I don't change it... In that divided tank in question was these 4 shrimp in one bay and platinum ******* in the other bay... I always did my water change from ******* section so I would not suck up any shrimp.. Every Saturday morning approx 9 am I would make my coffee pull out 15-20% have a smoke finish my coffee replace the water add my prime... then go up stairs do the main display tank that had no shrimp in it approx 25-30% change then back down stairs to do the cbs and guppy divided tank same as the other divided with only pulling water out of the guppy section... then I would do a quick head count in the reds 3 and 1 move on to the ******* yep 3 move to the blacks and look for dead ones as way to many to count and so on... then have another smoke and that would be an hour since I started so I would then water test to make sure I was 6.6-6.8 ph 5-7 gh and zero nitrites and ammo and under 20 nitrates then I was happy to continue with my day.... That is all I ever did with the tanks maintance wise and the only other time I touched the tanks was at approx. 6pm every night when I got home and feed them.. So I am pretty sure nothing else can get in there... I have made the mistake before when I had a total lost in one of my tanks and I was so sure I did nothing wrong then it hit me what I did 2 weeks later... I learnt from then and have crossed everything of the list expect for the history of the crystals eg parents and grandparents...

Fair enough mate. One possible solution would be to breed the shrimp that have shown up, either with each other (to see what genes/patterns/colours they may be carrying) or with a cherry and a CRS. If it is not hybrid it should breed with either the CRS or the cherry. Obviously test only one type at a time. If it is a hybrid, it may be able to breed with both cherries and CRS. Not 100% guarantee of anything but might give you more evidence to determine whats going on either way.

I know a lot are infertile, but not all. E.g. the Savannah Cat (domestic cat cross Serval) has been bred through many generations

PM Imke' date=' i believe this has happened on a german forum before.[/quote']

Yes I heard that is has happened overseas as well but it is all hear say from what I am lead to believe... A bit like what I have there has to be another answer just need to figure it out... I can rule out 2 cherries.. I don't 100% believe cross but I am leaning to some freaky throw back from the crystals and I had a male in there that was a cross dresser...hahaha

Loving the mystery tank inhabitants. Great markings and colours!!