• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueBolts

• ineke

• ninja

• Squiggle

pfffff sure you wanted to show us your tibee.

LOL....didn't even notice' date=' was focused on the subject, those OTHER ones were just the "background", plus as reference to size ... how about this then ...

null_zps7986d136.jpg

Oops, I did it again ! :redface-new:

• HOF Member

Good one BB. Love the Tibee she is nicely marked hope you get some nice babies from her:D

Sweet pics dude, that is one monster shrimp, can't wait to see if the offspring are as big or bigger! :victorious:

Wow! Awesome shrimpses!

Yes BB she might be nice in some white vine reduction with turmeric :p

WOW!!! That is just awesome Marcus I wonder how many shrimplets she will produce?

Yes BB she might be nice in some white vine reduction with turmeric :p
Nah' date=' prefer them chilli salted, and deep fried, as I love crunching on their legs :-) Bhahahahahahahaha
WOW!!! That is just awesome Marcus I wonder how many shrimplets she will produce?
The other giant Tibee only produce 14 shrimplets :-) so doesn't seam to increase shrimplets with size :-(

Certainly a possibility with the culls. Turn them into a snack.

what are you feeding her?

Certainly a possibility with the culls. Turn them into a snack.

what are you feeding her?

Growplus??????? he he he lol

• 4 months later...
  • HOF Member

I finally managed to catch my large Tibee female. She has not been berried as far as I know -she has hidden a lot - but the other smaller female has and is again but not sure what to. I have put them both in my TB/Mischling tank with a male Shadow Panda and also a couple of F6 male Mischling to see what I get if she breeds of course. I left the Mischling males in because I'm not sure how interested the TB is- I have never seen him dancing. She measures just over 3 cm as you can see on the ruler- her nose is out past the ruler.<a href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/ineke24/DSC_0167_zps5a677dc8.jpg' alt='DSC_0167_zps5a677dc8.jpg'>

She is a giant! Fingers crossed she likes the TB boys!! I am still having trouble sexing my few tibees, they just don't seem to be in the romantic way!

She is a giant! Fingers crossed she likes the TB boys!! I am still having trouble sexing my few tibees' date=' they just don't seem to be in the romantic way![/quote']

have you tried dimming your lights and playing barry white

have you tried dimming your lights and playing barry white

Yeah, might give it a try!!! Maybe have a few candles burning and put some flowers near the tank too!!

• HOF Member

oh how romantic you two are! I have another female half her size that has been berried a few times but I never seemed to see babies, however last time she was berried i took her out of the large tank and managed to get 3 babies from her. they are still quite small but she is berried again and is in a smaller tank with the TB/Mischlings so hopefully i will get these babies as well. she should have them any day now unless she had them in the big tank and got reberried. guess i will know in a few days.

• 2 years later...
Some sterile invertebrates grow massive due to less energy spent on reproductive maintenance. I know it happens in oysters, but I'm not so sure about shrimp

Just stumbled into this thread while looking into something else.

I had some female CRS Misch from CNgo2006 that never bred and ended up dying of old age, they were very large though when they passed, much larger than normal adult CRS.

I always wondered about sterility in shrimp due to them never getting berried.... Come to think of it, never saw them saddled either.