Gigantic Tibee

There's a strain of Tibee, originating from OEBT x Mishling, that's enormous. ATM, at 7-8 month's, its just past 30mm...

null-29.jpg

null-15.jpg

It's pattern has potential, and I've been trying to X it back to a BB, but suspect it/they maybe sterile ? Any other members experiencing this ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueBolts

• ineke

• ninja

• Squiggle

So why do these TiBee grow so big when Tigers Mischlings aren't? Very nice btw!

That's an interesting pattern BB. I like my shrimp small though - you could eat that one. No experience with Tibet yet so no further comment.

So why do these TiBee grow so big when Tigers Mischlings aren't? Very nice btw!

Not sure, just a strain I presume...other Tiger breeder have this strain as well. Interestingly, it's leg pattern is striped, which I really like....., so keen to keen some F1's with my BB, then KK, then WR.....

Sounds like an intriguing experiment BB, I'm very keen to see what come out of that tank :victorious: Very nice colour pattern on the one in the pic, well done dude :encouragement:

Some sterile invertebrates grow massive due to less energy spent on reproductive maintenance. I know it happens in oysters, but I'm not so sure about shrimp

Some sterile invertebrates grow massive due to less energy spent on reproductive maintenance. I know it happens in oysters' date=' but I'm not so sure about shrimp[/quote']

Thanks for that info....great to have a possible reason/theory to any abnormalities ! Will definitely monitor it's development, as I'm desperate and trying in vain to get some of it's characteristics...

Striped legs...much more pronounced/banded on sight.....lost it's intensity with the iphone !

null-25-1.jpg

That's one cool looking shrimp! I love its stripy legs :encouragement:

Some organisms can grow larger and be sterile also because the number of chromosomes in the organisms cells is greater than it would normally have.

Like a tetraploid daylily?

Exactly like that, usually organisms are diploid.

Yes, but one can breed a Tetraploid Lilly with another Tetraploid Lilly, just not the Diploid one. I have males and female giants and they haven't bred yet, Some look like they have half a saddle?

Very cool pic BB, love the stripey legs, such a nice desirable feature :victorious:

Not sure' date=' just a strain I presume...other Tiger breeder have this strain as well. Interestingly, it's leg pattern is striped, which I really like....., so keen to keen some F1's with my BB, then KK, then WR.....[/quote']

A Giant TB, that would be soooo awesome!

If you could get these to breed could they be used to create a line of shrimp that produced a larger number of offspring

If you could get these to breed could they be used to create a line of shrimp that produced a larger number of offspring

Have them in both my BB & Tibee tanks for months, BUT no berries yet :crushed: .... thinkin they are sterile.

Shame about that ....could have had so much potential.

Can I surgest cloning maby

• 5 weeks later...

JPN07...can you PLEASE post pic of your berried GIGANTIC Tibee ?

OMG...finally. After posting the above thread, whilst feeding my tanks, I found this ! x with BB

null-4-9.jpg

null-6-13.jpg

That is awesome bb. A new line of 10cm shrimp would be cool, but then we'd need bigger tanks to house them lol.

Cheers mick

That is exciting news BB .... I am sure you will keep us posted!

JPN07...can you PLEASE post pic of your berried GIGANTIC Tibee ?
Here you go BB. My was tibee x tibee from ninja. 20130706_0712040-1.jpg
OMG...finally. After posting the above thread' date=' whilst feeding my tanks, I found this ! x with BBnull-4-9.jpgnull-6-13.jpg
Awesome BB. Congrats :encouragement: Babies are gonna be very interesting.

Congrats BB! Really interested to see what comes out of this! :encouragement:

Congrats BB! Really interested to see what comes out of this! :encouragement:

Thanks. Super excited, hopefully the shrimplets will be as exciting.