• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueBolts

• ineke

• ninja

• Squiggle

Wow, a double SS grade red wine. I havnt seen that before. You must be very happy BB.

There are some beauties there and we'ld expect nothing less. Stunning as usual

Awesome pics dude, such deep colour, amazing stuff BB, well done! :encouragement:

• 1 month later...

Hi BB. Very nice shrimps.

can you tell me what is the result to mix Red Wine with blue bolt ? I just acquire 4 red wine and 4 blue bolt. Just wondering if i can mix them or not. I have a tank with Shadow Panda and Black kingkong too. Should i mix them with the Panda&Kingkong ? Can you advice me please.

Thanks. They're all TB's so the X will just create a mixture of TB's, and not hybrids/mish as such. My bluebolts are breeding true now, ie BBxBB, so all it's shrimplets are BB's. By X KK & WR (and depending and assuming) their geno isn't washed out with mislings etc, they will produce a combination of KK & WR...maybe even BB.

I used to have each TB split into each tanks, so that each TB type breeds true, but due to wanting more tanks, I will be mixing my TB's together now, BUT no mishlings ! I've grown to dislike mishlings !

I bow at you feet and Deans to.

Just one question, Where do you see the breeding going and what aims do you have.

So it was 2 questions

Bob

Bob, you must teach me how to keep/breed natives, I've KILLED 2 batches ....so an expert I am NOT !

All my breeding programs is to get the best quality shrimps I can achieve, in terms of coloration (1) and shell thickness (2). Patterns are a distant 3rd ATM, but perhaps once I've conquered the 1 & 2, the patterns will become my focus.

Another critical factor for me is to ensure they're genetically strong..... I've had all my TB's breeding true previously, but concluded that my colony of WR's genetic strength was weak, as I had some deaths. I've recently added new blood, and X back to mishligns to improve them, which has made a HUGE difference, and extremely pleased with the NEW F1's now. F1's x with mish produced 10 x TB's and 3 x Mish.

F1

null-7-12.jpg

Just had my F2 drop, ONLY had 8 eggs, as she was really small, and was surprised she even got berried. Haven't been able to count the TB/Mish ratio yet, as they're too tiny/hidden...but 1 decided to come out for the photoshoot.

F2

null-4-11.jpg

Mate you are doing it 100% right, just look at what is coming from your tanks.

When I get some space I am going to work on some natives for colour again and thickness of shell is something I had not thought about?

Any who, when I start to get colours I will send you and Dean some to keep the lines safe, I wont be playing with Zebs much as I think they are a dead end.

Do you want to try some Barney springs shrimp they are tough little critters, mine are living in a unfiltered or aerated 2 foot tank and there is 60 in it and powering on.

Bob

I will leave the native to the other experts on this forum, I must admit I'm native shy ATM..... confidence is low :dejection:

I had to create a "CULL" tank, and convince my son that it's his tank, as I can't bear killing or feeding my shrimps to fish etc...., so killing 2 batches of natives, have cause some psychological damage. LOL

These look great BB!

Bob, when I get my rack up and running I'm hoping I can convince you to entrust some natives into my care :)

Great looking shrimp BB. Awesome to see some good results on the Red Wines. Not many getting around.

Really cool pics BB, it's good to see your programs are focused on the physical aspects of the shrimp, increasing the health & strength of them rather than the aesthetics. Well done mate :encouragement:

Thanks. They're all TB's so the X will just create a mixture of TB's' date=' and not hybrids/mish as such. My bluebolts are breeding true now, ie BBxBB, so all it's shrimplets are BB's. By X KK & WR (and depending and assuming) their geno isn't washed out with mislings etc, they will produce a combination of KK & WR...maybe even BB.

I used to have each TB split into each tanks, so that each TB type breeds true, but due to wanting more tanks, I will be mixing my TB's together now, BUT no mishlings ! I've grown to dislike mishlings ![/quote']

What I do not like with Misc is they looks like normal CRS (PRL). I accidentally mix the shrimplets of PRL and Misc due to a hole in the tank separator. Now i just declare all the Shrimplets as mischlings in that tank.

thanks for the info. I will get the WR within this week. Hope will survive