Barter Game - One man's trash is another man's treasure

BlueBolts

The ship/post is the cost I've put on delivering the rills. Depending on item size/weight... the cost will be more/less, but it's with the person to sort out, and where we can, heavy items is to be barter with a local person if possible...

CNgo2006....the rills have been bartered...and yes, live fish is permitted, but need to give more details, i.e. age, size etc.... if you're still interested with the items available now....

LOL.....yeah got a tad confusing huh....that's what happens when plans are not well thought off (...my bad). C'mon honcho, i'm sure you need those breeding log/caves when you convert your fish tanks over to shrimps tanks ? There must be something you have we want ?

@BB Maybe something similar but members put up what they have and you as the barterer chooses what you would like from the choices that the members have put up?

Hi BB,

What happens now? Who do i send the caves to etc? I'm still a little lost lol.

Hi izzy.....this is why I'm not a game show host ! Please PM me your address, and I'll send the rills to you on Monday.

Just as a suggestion, perhaps the caves (or you other options), can be put into another comp that you can create, and demonstrate to me the right way to run a comp ! LOL or perhaps donate it to a worth member (I'll pm you .....). Your choice...... again, apologies for not thinking this through....hehe.

I think it was ok BB.... I got lost a couple of times...lol.... I would be keen to see what i have for next time if it happens again.... I think we all have junk we dont want but others would like to have...

So, I just had an idea for this.

1)The first person (Person A) has an item they want to start with Call it item A

2)Anyone who wants item A put up what they have and after a certain period (say 7 days?)

3)Person A then has the chance to swap, or continue with any item put up in step 2 (call this item B)

SWAP

Should they chose to swap then it is a simple swap Item A and B via post/in-person if you are close-by.

The game has now ended and someone from Step 2 can begin a new round with one of the other items from step 2

CONTINUE

Should the person continue not swap, then the person A sends Item A to the owner of Item B.

Item B then becomes Item A and the game continues.

The trick is Person A will still be playing. Should they choose to continue in round 2 then Item B gets sent to the owner of Item C and so on.....

Should Step 2 yield no-one wanting the item after a period of one week it could be extended a week/that item send to person A so it does become a little bit of a gamble about which item you chose to continue with. It has to be something you thing others may want otherwise you could end up with it.

Would have to have the conditions put up that if you were to put an item up for barter you would have to be available to send it with 2 weeks.

Person A has to be around as long as they want to play.

Is that even understandable?

LOL.....I've had 2.5 glasses of wine, read it twice, and think I've got it....good work blindfisherman. I think I'll just be the participant in the next round, and watch & learn.

LOL.....I've had 2.5 glasses of wine' date=' read it twice, and think I've got it....good work blindfisherman. I think I'll just be the participant in the next round, and watch & learn.[/quote']

I had a 6 pack coming up with it so there some areas which may be dodgy/the whole thing may be dodgy.

Hehe I've read it twice without wine bb and I still don't think I get it.

I bags BFM to be the ref next round haha

OK, I just woke up but will have another go at explaining.

Each round lasts a week or 2 (to be decided)

Scenario one.

1. Billy puts up 5 yellow shrimp

2. Joe wants these yellows and has various mosses to trade. Bob also want them and he puts up 2 blue shrimp.

3. Billy is happy to get the blues so Billy and Bob trade. The round has now ended and Joe can start the new round with his moss.

1. Billy puts up 5 yellow shrimp

2. Joe wants these yellows and has various mosses to trade. Bob also want them and he puts up 2 blue shrimp.

3. One week has passed and Billy doesn't want either of the options available but he thinks that the mosses may be pretty popular.

4. Billy then chooses to continue with the mosses, he then sends the 5 yellow shrimp to Joe and round 2 begins with Billy effectively 'owning' the mosses.

If a round should pass without any items being put up for trade after the player has chosen to continue. The item that they chose to continue with becomes their item.

Blindfisherman you are a genius!

Ok can I give this a go?

I have 1 Hagen Fluval Flora Aquarium, substrate is 2 months old, filter and light are in perfect working order, all only used for 2.5 months.

I value it at $120 with a local delivery or I guess about $160??? If I have to post it interstate.

Shall we see how this goes?

Pictures tomorrow when the sun is up!

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still going?

BB, i still have all these logs/caves sitting in my garage. What's the plan for these?