Barter Game - One man's trash is another man's treasure

BlueBolts

Started tearing one of my tank's down, and have got 20+ Red Rilis CULL's....thought of starting a barter game, to see where we end up. Approx value of 20 Red Rilis (some with blue genes) is say worth $80 incl. postage ($20) i.e. $3 per red rilis (fair ??). These shrimps are approx. 4-12mm. Yes, I do have 80+ culls, but they're for later ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1582[/ATTACH]

So the game goes like this.......1st offer here is for 20 Red Rilis CULLS plus postage, total VALUE is $80. If a person wanted these, and have say 10 yellow shrimps, or an items (livestock(fish....), filter, chiller, plants, lighting, nachos),...whatever that is worth over that amount, then either myself or a moderator/Dean will accept the barter)....note that the purpose of this game to to continually increase the item's value.

Rules

1. A picture, item description, estimated value etc... is required for all barter offer. Please post the offer on this thread.

2. A moderator/Dean or I will either negotiate, reject or accept the offer, and it goes on and so forth....

3. Closing date is 11pm, Thursday 10th Jan....

4. Thereafter, each recipient contacts the other party to organise postage, pickup etc.....

This game is to be taken in a light hearted/fun manner, 2nd hand items are allowed, but it has to be in perfect working order.

Game on.....

post-24-139909858646_thumb.jpg

The 20 x red rilis will be 8-12mm, although they're culls, they still have the rills pattern etc...I'm just fussy. Just had a PM, stating that I've under valued the shrimps, but that's OK....just wanted to get this goin...someone must have something they don't want/hiding somewhere that someone will be keen on ?

If a forum sponsor comes to play, I'll double the red rills....

NOT that this is the offer on the table. But IF I was to provide my camera and photography "skills" and an attempted tutorial on how to use your camera. Would that go to you. Or the person next in line?

Hey Marcus ...Is that a banana on that bamboo stick bottom right side??? Is it fresh or did you do anything before feeding it to the shrimps?

Yeah Chris, it needs to be tangible/an .object....well, as you may know I struggle with macro photography....how much of an expert are you ? Do you know how to use extension lenses, magnifiers etc ? Maybe just out your offer and state your level of photography, and we'll see what happens....

Hi Colin, yep, had half a bananas & toast for breakfast this morning, and my shrimps had the other half...LOL

It was a hypothetical offer. I've never had luck with extension tubes. I had some cheap ones off ebay. They were rubbish.

not sure if i understand this correctly but i would love to got my hands on those shrimp, i can give better photos and more information when i get home from work but i have 45 + stems and i can split a nice sized clump of NL java fern from my tank

top to bottom, 15 +, 10 + and 20 + will get names and better pictures this afternoon

Photo0026_zpsd23b01cf.jpg

not all of this will be on offer but i can take a nice sized bunch from there

Photo0027_zps78ed99c1.jpg

cheers

Jordan

Hi Jordon, great you want them, so lets do the deal ! Please just ensure the value of the plants matches the $80 (incl. postage), and perhaps do a post of exactly what your barter is, so that the next person knows what he's getting.......Ta

So do you get nothing BB (Apart from amusement)? If the next person gets the plants?

Yeah, I get nothing :-( ... just a bit of fun, and to see what we end up getting ? ........never know, what someone has lurking in the shed, that others will kill for !

Hi Jordon' date=' great you want them, so lets do the deal ! Please just ensure the value of the plants matches the $80 (incl. postage), and perhaps do a post of exactly what your barter is, so that the next person knows what he's getting.......Ta[/quote']

never mind, you can count me out of this one, in my mad rush to get this up and then get to work on time i stupidly forgot to put the plants back in the tank :sorrow:

so unless there is a great demand for dried stems, then, im afraid i have nothing left to offer :(

Hi BB,

These will go well in my empty nano tank :)

I thought i give it a go. I think this is how it goes. Here's what i have to offer

Offer 1.

Bio balls. 1 x full shopping bag. Approx 700 bio balls

RRP is roughly $0.15c per bio ball.

photo1-12.jpg

Offer 2.

[h=1]Breeding logs/caves for catfish[/h]8 x Breeding logs various sizes

5 x D logs

3 x slate caves

photo3-9.jpg

Offer 3.

[h=1]Installations SET 1 & Installations SET 2 Diameter 16/22 new unused[/h][h=1]Sun Sun CUV-305 UV Sterilizer[/h]photo5-9.jpgphoto1-11.jpgphoto3-10.jpgphoto4-10.jpg

Offer 4.

[h=1]Log 80cm long.[/h]2 x Automatic fish feeder sun sun brand and some other brand

needs a bit of a clean

2 x nurafin bubble counter

2 x very small hang on filters

only pick up for this :) the log is too long to post

photo4-11.jpgphoto5-10.jpg

I have a four ft light bb that ill throw into the ring and also a bag of ada 3l soil

Will upload pics once I get home.

These guys will go well with some a bought from gino

sorry BB. I couldn't edit my post. need to remove the eheim installation set.

No probs izzy, that was the option I was going to go for ....

thanks mickeyG...perhaps you would like one of the options izzy has put up, can you suggest one, so that I can confirm the preferred option ?

Sorry BB. Someone from gumtree ended up buying it straight away :(

But i will replace it with a Hoya HMC UV Filter 58mm. New and unused.

jjj.jpg

I have a four ft light bb that ill throw into the ring and also a bag of ada 3l soil

Will upload pics once I get home.

These guys will go well with some a bought from gino

Won't the shipping for these be more than $20 though?

Can it be anything aquarium related? I have 4 pairs of halfmoon bettas...( value $100 plus... )

Vid of Girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMCP9v-mHyM

Vid of Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp8P7iyzWq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZyE-0TAUfY

Can choose any 4 pairs (that is 4xM and 4xF)

Sorry I misread the rules and am a bit confused...and I don't know what's happening, as some of the items are too heavy to ship/post for $20. If I am bartering for the shrimp then I am in but otherwise do not need anything else...Sorry!

Sorry mickeyG...I mis-read your post ......

So there's now two packages for Barter ...

1st Barter Package - 20 x Red Rilis Culls (incl. Postage) to mickeyG for 4 ft light & 3 lt ADA soil (will find a Melb person) - Pls post pics and light details etc....

2nd Barter Package - 20 x Red Rilis Culls (incl. Postage) to izzy for Offer 2 - Breeding logs/caves for catfish ...

LOL, I got confused myself, and just realised that at the end of this game, there's items that I didn't have the intention of keeping for myself......oops.... perhaps we can auction, and/or create another competition or something.....sorry not very well thought through....was still on holiday mode ....:stupid: