Good Result With Mulberry Leaves

rawprawn

24 minutes ago, DemonCat said:

So why do they love them so much I wonder? 

Have you ever read "The Hungry Little Caterpilla" ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayc said:

Have you ever read "The Hungry Little Caterpilla" ?

My shrimp will eat one shrimp pellet, two spinach leaves, and then gorge themselves on mulburry leaves until they feel sick, and then molt/shed and become underwater butterflies with scuba-diving breathing apparatus? 

Edited by DemonCat

27 minutes ago, DemonCat said:

and become underwater butterflies with scuba-diving breathing apparatus? 

HAHA, close but not quite butterflies.

They gorge themselves on processed food with preservatives and all those things not found in their natural habitat. So unprocessed leaves like the mulberry is probably very good for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up collecting quite a few leaves... 150ish haha. Also managed to fall over and get covered in mulberry juice lol.

(Its on an organic certified farm too  :P )

my shrimp didn't seem to touch the fresh leaf I put in there, but it could be the newish tank.

Dried a few leaves and froze the rest; put in a frozen (and blanched) leaf after a week and its mostly gone after 3 days haha.

It's just a small tree  :5565bf0371061_D: (the lowest leaves are about 6ft off the ground... a combo of cows and alpacas)

20160127_184529.jpg

Edited by Smiley_666
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

~Expel insect from Ur Mulberry tree~

Apparently ive seen on a utube a veggie patch gardener water his veggie patch using "biodegradable" dishwashing detergent, dissolved in water solution as it expel (what ever insects attracted to veggie patch;chillie bell, capsicans, strawberries;just on top of my head) &help kept The insects away & off of his organic veg patch.

U have to check it out.

Try Googling or Utube Searching for Expel insect from veggie patch organically, dishwashing deterg. Something along those lines as its been awhile-You shouldn't go wrong, should have heaps of methods, or repeats.

& THANKS.. I didnt knw, all i need is to clip a branch of the Mulberry tree and ive propagated my bery own mulberry tree..

L❤️VE the idea as i just realised my BF friend, had a HUGGGEE TREE at the bck yard last night (hence now searching on mulberry leaves use in shrimp tank..)

I really hit the JACK POT THIS TIME!

DNT WORRY ABT LOTTERY, or POWERBALL as Luck dont seem to head my way; i'll settle for the Mulberry tree.. Hehehe

• Like 1

That's it, if I move from Canberra, I am going to Queensland. I would love to have a tree. In Canberra it either boils or freezes or gets hit by plague after plague. I tried an organic veggie patch- invested $600  in my 'health' and after aphids, small green bugs the size of midges that scrape off the whole top layer of a leaf, beetles and some fungus/ virus, I was done.

I bought mulberry leaves 'fresh' last weekend, was apparently delivered by Express post on the day I was working from home, but nothing ever arrived. Now, me being an eternal cynicist, I suspect someone got given my package by error and opened it and tossed my bulk leaf pack out. Can't ethically ask for a refund as it says delivered, and the seller put the effort in of picking them. Just bought some more on EBay. 

I suspect based on your feedback above that I might be able to get my baby survival rate up this way.

Thank you for the great thread guys!

• Like 3

Yes!! I think thats what the insects was "Aphids" & another insect infestation happens on plants..

Anyways..

KeenShrimp, i am sorry to hav read that U didnt recieved ur BULK MULBERRY LEAVES package..

i do hope it didn't get losted and its only a matter of time thAt a honest/nice/good person will just bother walking a few house/unit/street down, and deliver the package to its rightest receiver (even if the box is opened, can leave at front door n run..)hehehe-sorry,childish thinking..

hope it didnt cost too much. If only i found my friend Mulberry tree earlier, i would look for information and will post, m/b u would c my post and i would feel sorry after reading post n would help out by posting a few mulberry leaves(wont rape it of cause"bulk")

what if its not sent to the correct address to being with.

ThTs what ive wondered few days ago (ive paid ebay for sis, via Paypal)  How do the buyer knw that parcel was sent to correct address?

All u (M/B) have.. is the tracking no# informing sent & delivered-only;no address conformation shown sent to u keenshrimp.

sorry i doubt ppl(Can happen tho!) how many Ebay-scammer beware u C on Utube..

Paypal hav the buyer protection if u bothered?